Which one of them have a more competent devs in 2019?

which one of them have a more competent devs in 2019?

Attached: pick.png (819x460, 32K)

debian's implementation of systemd fucking sucks. no wonder you guys hate it so much.

hhmm, I would say openbsd.

Why do you think systemd sucks?
I actually love it as it replaces 100 lines of init script into

Attached: 1556230394237.gif (625x626, 527K)

Ubuntu by far

>debian's implementation of systemd fucking sucks
>Why do you think systemd sucks?
truly NextGen™ reading comprehension

How's it sucks?
It works for me without a single issue.

I can read and understand 100 lines of init script. systemd is LOL MAGIC BOX implemented and maintain by teenagers

whats with the rumors that ubuntu is going to replace apt with snaps?

>Cleanly written declarative unit files
vs
>Disgusting shell script that's non-portable and might as well be perl

Ubuntu maintainers are brainlets that can't operate Debian packaging tools. Shocking, I know.

canonical doesn't actually develop distro, they simply take debian builds, put some amazon botnet on it and call it ubuntu
if they're going to replace it with snaps, they can no longer steal debian builds, since it's not deb anymore, and have to develop and mantain it from scratch
I don't think canonical would take that huge risk and would rather simply stick with already-matured distro like debian

>muh syntax
most init shell scripts on slackware are portable
also you don't even need scripts to run daemon, you can simply execute it from terminal, like say rsync --daemon, so having systemdick replacing your whole system is retarded when you can have unix-style init system that it's only purpose is to run daemons and nothing more

Aren't those two literally the same.

Ganoo/Lunix does not have competent devs, so neither.

Fedora

Contribute.

Debian by a mile. Ubuntu would die if Debian was to ever disappear. Ubuntu leeches off Debian and throws in some bloat and guis to help newbies, nothing else.

And /thread. I wish it wasn't true, but holy fuck, GNU/Linux has gone down the crapper over the last 10 or so years because of massive incompetence and bullshit taking over what used to be a good, solid goddamn base.

ubuntu pays people, so ubuntu

And yet you find many more problems running it than on Debian. So no, you're full of shit.

check /lib/systemd and you will find a shitload of files used by systemd, many times more than sysVinit

so take your mis-informed ignorant ass and get an education

Didn't canonical get rid of all their devs around 2016?

>systemd sucks
>debian implementation of systemd sucks
doesn't it make suck less?

>systemd development

Attached: 1549854389153.jpg (864x576, 147K)