I've had one of my worst laptop experiences to date with a piece of shit ASUS K50-IN back in 2008 and I've stayed away...

I've had one of my worst laptop experiences to date with a piece of shit ASUS K50-IN back in 2008 and I've stayed away from ASUS ever since. Absolute junk.

Now I need to buy a *light* laptop for a family member, who's gonna use it for casual InDesign/Photoshop work.

>see VivoBook S15
>ASUS VivoBook S15 S530FN-BQ075 | 90NB0K46-M06950, 15.6" FHD, i5-8265U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, nVidia MX150
>1.8kg
>$790

...it makes me sad that's the only good option for around $800.

Has anyone ever used this piece of shit before? Share ASUS impressions

Attached: ASSus.jpg (1055x736, 327K)

Wtf, has nobody used an ASUS laptop around here?

Attached: SERIOUSLY.jpg (200x200, 12K)

>*light* laptop
Found your problem. You can get a E485/E585 CTO brand new for $150 to $200 less.

I've always used Asus and been happy. Though they've never been "light" laptops.

Asus is a shit company in general, dood. Not just laptops, thats never gonna change.

Ive got a Vivobook i think the year model down with the 8250U tho it's alright

That said its not my main machine

OP here, looking at this exact use case. Family member has a tower and needs something light to do casual graphic work on the go.

i5-8256U + MX150 and a 256 NVMe SSD should be fine, I think.

How's the build quality on yours holding up? Any hardware issues?

Ha, I wish; not available for that kinda money where I am. Good suggestion though, thanks.

... :)

Attached: assusss.jpg (1281x817, 84K)

no issues the screen is a bit bendy but ive thrown it in my bag for school without any virgin laptop cases for over a year and its held up fine

Cheers mate, good to hear. Hope their build quality has been significantly improved in the past 10 years

No worries champ

Macbook Air

Nice b8 m8 :) Appreciate the time you took to post that, tho.

Asus has terrible build quality.

The graph in the other thread apparently proves otherwise

I've had the same experience in the past, so I wonder how things have changed since 2008. What model have you used and when? What broke down for you?

Which thread, user?

I've been using one for two years now. Haven't had any issues with it, feels pretty solid desu

Im satisfied with my purebook. Thermals aren't the best tho, but that's the case with all thin laptops

I love how it says "our survey" with no link to follow up on. Hm.

Attached: 1556762601917.png (753x1492, 296K)

Around 2005, i had an amazing experience with an ASUS laptop (built like a brick shit house).. but then I went on to get a newer model for the wife. That new one was one of the most busted pieces of shit I've ever bought, To this day I stay the fuck away from that brand. They had a good thing going, and fucked it for more money with their chink shit quality. Lenovo or bust my dude.

Attached: 1555829672389s.jpg (250x121, 5K)

>I HAD BAD EXPERIENCE WITH 1 (SINGULAR) (ONE) UNIT
>ALL UNITS BAD
kys brainlet

Asus has lower quality control with their shit in my experience. It's either gonna be good and will last long or br broken after a year.

See, that's what I'm talking about and why I made the thread. QA is all over the place and Jow Forums's personal experiences follow accordingly.

I wish I could find a similarly specced Lenovo for the same amount of cash in the country of purchase, but so far no luck.

Regardless, thanks for the feedback. :)

Attached: stoned-cats-gif.gif (500x500, 433K)

Get a ThinkPad X220

ASUS have chinked me once too many.
Their laptops will have annoying things, like being made in 2019, and the card reader is USB2 for some reason. Or the audio trying to sell itself as premium, where in reality they will use the cheapest chinkiest Realtek solution they can find, and the cheapest ass speakers they can find.
I upgraded to a MacBook Pro.

ASUS sold me a defective GPU once and their RMA service was nonexistent yet somehow took up 2 months of my time and they never sent me a new one.

Had one, it was a throttling piece of shit with bad build quality. Had to manually configure fan controls just so it would run optimally.

Motherfuck, I hate that. Had a similar experience where the north bridge of the motherboard died and they refused to acknowledge it, dragging their feet until the warranty wore off. Cunts.

Which model, user?

Attached: waa.jpg (2048x1133, 319K)

me. one old U36SG, best deal ever, i5 2450m with 9 cell battery that runs even to this day, and a new UX410UA with i7 7500U, dual drives, 1080p matte display that I upgraded to 24GB. you gotta read reviews and don't get the first model that you see

Good advice, thanks, user!

Im posting from my asus transfomer from 2014.
this thing is still going strong and hasn't given me any issues.
Maybe you just had a lemon OP.
I've also used their mobos on multiple pc builds and never had any issues.

I have a K501LX. Apart from dead battery, scratched surface, cheap ass tn panel and crappy oem ssd (it died), it was a good deal for $700, considering it works almost 24/7

I have an asus r500jv that still runs perfectly to this day. Bought it back In 2012 for around $650. I don't know what their build quality is like now but I really like that old laptop.