Mpv - the Jow Forumsreatest media player

mpv is a project based on mplayer2. The aim of this tool is to provide a simple way of viewing media files.

Wiki:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki

Download:
mpv.io/installation/

Manual:
Stable: mpv.io/manual/stable/
Git: mpv.io/manual/master/

User Scripts & Shaders:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Front-ends:
Windows Builds: mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/
Mac Builds: iina.io/
Linux Builds: celluloid-player.github.io/

News:
>libplacebo is here
>mpvnet has a portable version now
>Jeeb keeps merging mac shit

Attached: mpv.png (586x314, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/7rEOIQFstzOZ_1984MonacoGrandPrix-Highlights.m3u8
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/6438
a.uguu.se/fvAsBsiiAsZt_MainFeed.m3u8
tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-08
mpv.io/manual/master
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ffplay is better

>mpvnet
No one cares.

Can I use FSRCNNX, auto-profiles, or other scripts with it? Can you set up custom keybinds as easily?

Apparently you do user.

Can ravu-chroma upscale to arbitrary resolutions? Or it upscales only to RGB( 444 chroma).
For example if I have my 4K TV hooked up to my pc on the YCC 422 chroma mode, meaning it has a chroma resolution of 1920*2160, can ravu-chroma upscale a 960*540 chroma video(1080p luma) to exactly 1920*2160 or it will upscale it to RGB/YCC 444 anyways?

Attached: 1472996928154.png (650x698, 491K)

*ravu-zoom

That's for luma, I want a chroma scaler that can upscale to arbitrary resolutions, like 1920*2160.
I wonder if KrigBilateral is able to do it.

Attached: 1472996780291.png (534x550, 481K)

>exactly
Ravu doubles, triples or quadruples, depending on the one you choose. If it were to upscale to a resolution that does not equal the resolution you're playing video at, I believe the cscale compensates for the difference.
>ravu-zoom
ravu-zoom does arbitrary resolutions, but I'm not sure if there are chroma variants.

hwdec broken for anyone else? w10

Which api are you using?

d3d11va

Yeah, but what --gpu-context and --gpu-api?

how is this not advertising? consider killing yourself.

It is working for me with:
gpu-api=d3d11
gpu-context=d3d11
hwdec=d3d11va

Latest shinchiro build.

Attached: 00000.m2ts_00_02_30.567.png (1280x720, 1.27M)

dosent matter man. it used to work with just hwdec=d3d11va but after updating to the newest build no hwdec works at all

>Open source project which doesn't even ask for donations
>advertising
Considering ending yourself retard.

Attached: 1470359123473.jpg (748x780, 74K)

i highly doubt its gonna make a difference but gonna try that once the video encodi g is done

>dosent matter man
It matters. Set both to d3d11 to test. If it fails, backup your mpv.conf and remove everything but the 3 lines.
How are you not a faggot? Politely consider coping somewhere else.

If ravu can’t directly upscale to your windows resolution because it’s not a power of 2, it upscales to the nearest possible resolution and the scaler specified by *dscale* (or if that isn’t set, *scale*) scales it back down to windows size again.

Not supporting bloat is a feature.

I guess a worse experience is also a feature based on your logic

worse experience for a low IQ subhuman nigger like you maybe

What scalers do you use? Do you manually change settings without auto-profiles?

Are you expecting a legit answer from that monkey?

No, just more shitposting.

Maybe this is more of a ffmpeg question, but why is it necessary to open all the available streams before playing a .m3u8?

this is the file a.uguu.se/7rEOIQFstzOZ_1984MonacoGrandPrix-Highlights.m3u8

Attached: ZNJ8z34.png (1881x343, 109K)

H-Haasn senpai, when will you fix libplacebo?!

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 02 [1080p].mkv_00_15_08.700.png (1280x720, 972K)

how to change font on .mkv ass subs?

Set a sub font and press u to override it, or set mpv to override it by default.

neutron is better

there is a flag --no-sub-ass although it wrecks the placing of subtitles

>no-sub-ass
Like the manual says, this usually breaks sub rendering. What you're looking for is --sub-ass-override, this is toggled with the u key by default.

yeah, im a brainlet
thx lad

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm just now getting back into Linux after jumping ship for a while
How exactly is this better than VLC? What is the benefit here? After playing with it for 2 minutes all I see is it does all the things VLC does except it has no easy graphical interface and breaks some of my window effects when in full screen (VLC doesn't do this)
Am I missing something or is this just a meme? not bait, am genuinely curious.

Attached: pp.jpg (640x640, 37K)

Better output quality, less prone to corrupted playback, better streaming capabilities, highly extensible via scripts, etc.

>Am I missing something or is this just a meme?
A lot, yeah. That being said, the rest of your post indicates that mpv might not be for you.

Why should I use this instead of vlc or mpc

someone pls respond, this can take ages and is annoying.

It's a lot easier to customize, to use different scalers and such on the fly.

>Ravu doubles, triples or quadruples, depending on the one you choose. If it were to upscale to a resolution that does not equal the resolution you're playing video at, I believe the cscale compensates for the difference.

So if I play a video with a chroma of 960*540 with ravu-chroma+haasnsoft on a screen with a chroma resolution of 1920*2160, ravu would upscale the chroma to 2x, meaning 1920*1080 and haasnsoft would finish the rest of the scaling to 1920*2160?

Attached: 1472997117795.jpg (600x680, 103K)

>1920*2160
You mean 3840x2160? If so, you're correct. ravu4 would upscale the 540 chroma to 2160, if you want that instead. You might also be interested in krig.

My 4K TV is connected to my PC in the YCbCr 422 colorspace+10-bit, in other words, 3840*2160 luma and 1920*2160 chroma.

>If so, you're correct. ravu4 would upscale the 540 chroma to 2160,
But that's not what he's saying.

>3840*2160 luma and 1920*2160 chroma.
Wouldn't the chroma in this case be 1920x1080?
There's a period in there. Also
>if you want that instead

can someone recommend me a nice sub font?
please dont meme me anons!

thanks a lot, I'll play around with it some more.
Except for you. You should choke on a bag of dicks

>422
Nevermind, I missread.

>Wouldn't the chroma in this case be 1920x1080?
That would be 4:2:0
4:2:2 is half horizontal resolution, full vertical resolution, so with a luma of 3840*2160 the chroma would be 1920*2160.

>There's a period in there. Also
>>if you want that instead
That should be in front of the sentence, not after it. It's still not correct though. 960x540 to 3840x2160 is just quadrupling, it wouldn't scale to 1920x1080 and then let the normal scaler do the rest.

>shilling ANY other player when VLC exists.
Pathetic.

/thread

>This shill seething so much to the point of not being able to fit the defeat and disguise himself as a normal patrician mpv user. Completely disgusting.

>mpvnet
What a disgusting jew

Attached: 1542695175269.jpg (670x503, 29K)

desu the guy is really something, only a weeaboo could shill this hard for days

mpvnet killed mpv

No.

Attached: 1392523435524.gif (351x263, 1005K)

then explain all this toxic comments

Yeah those mpvnet shitpost threads really last. How many posts did the last one manage to get before dropping off the board?

>toxic
Please leave

kys retard

Whoa, what's with these toxic comments, user?

Jeeb merge my PRs pls

>celluloid-player
literally what is this garbage

ffmpeg wants to be able to show you the details (codec, resolution, bitrate, ...) of each stream

ok
which ones?

but the relevant metadata is in the master.m3u8 already

Attached: KvuPWXy.png (1745x592, 127K)

took about 5 seconds to open for me

I want this locale shit to finally work again with libarchive. I'm tired of keeping a local copy just to merge some super basic bitch shit.
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/6438

ffmpeg doesn't read this and I don't think it's standardized either

this takes 20-30 seconds to load for me
a.uguu.se/fvAsBsiiAsZt_MainFeed.m3u8

It can take even longer for live streams when the servers are under load.
My program uses MPV and I've had users think it is broken because it takes so long.

Good?

it is standardized tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-08

How do I unbind the OS play next pause prev keys?

ok it seem to be some fucking autistic music player, how the hell configure it for normal user for best music experience?

It's primarily a video player, but you can certainly use it to play video files as well.

Open some file in the terminal with the --input-test command. You can then press the buttons and the the terminal output should tell you what they're called. You can then rebind them or set them to be ignored in input.conf, for example stop ignore.

aha, ok, so this is some autistic shit, kys, will stay to pot player at least it have ton of options and boost the video sound by default

Attached: 80c.png (645x729, 58K)

and yes, if you have some vhs or something video then pot player is boosting it to high levels and it still sound good, amazing software

Thank you user, very cool!

Rebranded Gnome-mpv. Literally a Front-end based on mpv for linux.

It is a media player. I suggest you try the mpvnet front-end since its more closer to the experience of using potplayer on Windows.

Attached: Menu.png (1764x1417, 1.27M)

>mpvnet

Attached: 1528765740682.jpg (385x383, 30K)

Keep bumping the tread, dear ;)

bump :^)

I for once welcome our new overlord.

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 7K)

So how is it that I'm supposed to point the config to the shaders? relative or absolute paths?

You can do either one. Using "~~" at the front will go to mpv's config directory so that might be the easiest thing to do.

Daily reminder that rgba32f is not a meme.

Attached: [Kantai] Date A Live III - 08 (1920x1080 AAC) [B452E727].mkv_00_07_39.626.png (1280x720, 945K)

spoonfeed me config stuff pls

Attached: 1554736601143.png (682x682, 444K)

specs?

Attached: 1472996861977.jpg (576x720, 114K)

using the gnome frontend, any quality improving stuff would be amazing. my animu looks choppy sometimes and the show i just started has screen tearing. already tried enabling profile=gpu-hq but maybe i didn't do it properly

Attached: specs.png (298x70, 23K)

>frontend,
Don't.
I assume all drivers are set up correctly, right? Are you running an up to date version or the "stable" one?

if you are on a rather recent version try
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation=yes
tscale=box
tscale-window=sphinx
tscale-radius=1.0
tscale-clamp=0.0

Is "mistimed" and "delayed" bad when using video-sync=display-resample?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-02_22-47-15.png (822x126, 184K)

Thank you. I decided to try installing mpv again but get this error on the last step when trying to sudo ./install like it says on the guide on the mpv-build github page.

Attached: 2019-05-03_01-49.png (531x19, 14K)

profile=gpu-hq
icc-profile-auto

linear-downscaling=no
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
tscale=oversample
hr-seek=yes
glsl-shader="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_16-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/KrigBilateral.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/SSimDownscaler.glsl"

video-sync=display-resample
interpolation

screenshot-high-bit-depth=yes
screenshot-format=png
screenshot-tag-colorspace=yes
screenshot-png-compression=9

ignore meme posts and ctrl+F mpv.io/manual/master before adding shit to your config to see what it actually does

>interpolation

Attached: 1430159275853.jpg (300x300, 35K)

Android when

Can you elaborate, I'm genuinely curious about it but it can kill performance

Prove it.