How much would a 8GB stick of SRAM cost?

How much would a 8GB stick of SRAM cost?

Attached: 211125.jpg (620x334, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s?k=8gb sdram
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

'bout three fiddy

amazon.com/s?k=8gb sdram

8GB? probably 5-figure.
but why tho

Depends. If you wanted the absolute cheapest, you could probably buy a big lot of old CPU cards for scrap (think Pentium II or Pentium III), harvest their burst pipeline cache chips and slap them on some custom PCBs with glue logic for address decoding. It'd probably still be in the $800 to $2k range, though.

sdram != sram

We will never know the output of the != operator.... It's sad to be alive these days

So not only are you too mentally incapable of searching the web for 8 GB SRAM, you're also too retarded to correct a one-letter mistake in a URL?

There's no 8GB SRAM you can buy you absolute mouth breather. SRAM is the stuff used in L1 and L2 caches. It's ridiculously expensive, hence the question in the OP.

Now go and fuck off as your retardation physically hurts everyone else in this thread

Just multiply the price of DRAM by 8.
And as 8GB DDR4 are going for around 50 bucks, that means 400 dollars for an SRAM stick.
But as it's a very niche market, i bet they would sell it for 600.

>Just multiply the price of DRAM by 8.
I don't think it works like that, it's not a linear calculation. I'm pretty sure anyway

Each bit on SRAM is 8 times bigger than DRAM.
So the very basic math is this.
Of course, there's the extra costs of making bigger dies or a bigger PCB for the memory module, but the gist of it is just *8

the RAM is parallel addressed
you cannot increase RAM stick size without increasing the number of pins
thats why you cannot have sticks of 16GB DDR1
72pin SIMM has 12 pins to select the address so this give you a max of 2^12 words of data

This

He's not talking about SDRAM, he's talking SRAM.
You know, that kind of memory made out of pure digital logic and is freaking fast but use 8 times more space.

SRAM was never sold on sticks
what OP shows is a SIMM with DRAM, but he's most likely a millennial which has no idea about it
SRAM advantage isn't the speed, the advantage is that it works without needing to refresh it, which made it accessible for low speed CPU's.

You can find all this with literally 2 second search.
If you produce large SRAM modules you look at easily 20 times+ the production cost per bit vs normal RAM.
There are little to no relaible sources for SRAM cost estimates for CPUs specifically say 1000$+ per GB but the average seems to be 5000$+ per GB. But that is for very small modules, you'd need big ones though. So applying the 20x to the price you'd be at probably 20k+ per GB since yields are absolute dogshit at that size. Let's be nice though and say that 5k$/GB is realistic per module, pure production costs would be 40k$ assuming everything works out fine with no problems. Some basic business calculations I had to learn in my first semester business lecture tells me no one would sell this below 60k$ minimum. Probably far more considering engineering costs, yields, the extremely small market for such large modules etc.

tl;dr nothing you could ever buy because there is no market and no one makes modules that big.

It DO have speed advantage as well, which is why we use SRAM as caches on CPUs.
Also high end oscilloscopes also use SRAM to store the samples due the fast.

But SRAM sticks probably wouln't give any advantage, as it's the motherboard/CPU bus speed that would dictate how fast you can run it.

true

Bout tree fiddy.

The earth is bipolar and so am I!