$3 PERSONAL COMPUTER

CAN BE OBTAINED FOR FREE
github.com/uli/basicengine-firmware
THE firmware POSIBLE TO COMPILE IN EMULATION MODE TO RUN ON PC
Run make for instructions on how to compile the firmware for various targets.

Attached: BASIC_ENGINE_ESP8266.jpg (800x736, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hG6xg1ClYfg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

EVERY SINGLE DAY
FUCK OFF SHILL

THE NEW VIDEO:
youtube.com/watch?v=hG6xg1ClYfg

kys

Attached: 1556553650668.jpg (359x478, 36K)

>not compatible with any existing software save for barebones BASIC programs
>composite output

Why? If I wanted a nostalgia trip, I'd rather build a ZX Spectrum or something.

Attached: EEPROM the non-volatile spider.jpg (600x600, 54K)

I want to build my own sexbot. Is this possible my man?

$3

I can buy a paperweight for less. So what's the point?

>So what's the point?
$3 PERSONAL COMPUTER

Do you honestly and truly believe that more than 40% of Jow Forums will give a shit?

A Raspberry Pi Zero costs two dollars more and is several orders of magnitude more powerful.

Take your caps, take your garbage piece of shit microcontroller, shove them deep in your urethra, then fuck out of /g, you worthless heap of trash.

>personal computer
It's just a cheap ESP microcontroller in a fancy board.

and has composite video out.

Still, i see the appeal

>$5 computer
>limit 1 per person
>requires in $15 extra accessories

Attached: Raspberry-Pi-Zero-1-1755x1080.jpg (1755x1080, 162K)

>5$ plus shipping unless you're lucky enough to live near a microcenter
>Composite video but no audio out except through HDMI
>oh yeah you need a mini HDMI to regular HDMI adapter
>want to SSH? Gonna be another 5$ for wireless because no network port
I love the Zero but it's more frustrating than anything. You need a dedicated workspace because every change you make to something is a crapshoot whether it even boots or not.

>>want to SSH? Gonna be another 5$ for wireless because no network port
The Zero W has wifi and bluetooth.

does it run fortnite?

thats what i meant. the Zero W is $10 opposed to $5
I have a Pi 3 that I move my microSD card to when i need to SSH.
Like i said, i love the Zero, but it's a hassle to work with the >{$5 computer}< gimmick.

My intel core i9 with hyperthreading technology doesnt have this issue

The pi zero is the most pointless product. The pi zero w is different and it's only $10.

GIven how common mini-HDMI was a while ago, you really should still have an adapter around somewhere

lie

for $10 i can buy a Nokia phone

why does it have a super nintendo controller port

connectors cost $15 each

>requires in $15 extra accessories
Well, so does the board in OP, and more.

>$3
That's a straight-up lie. $3 is the bare BOM, it does not include PCB manufacture, shipping and soldering. With everything taken into account, even a Pi Zero W is going to be cheaper (especially if you don't have soldering tools)

It's a PSX controller port. Probably because it's the most advanced controller you can use without too much hassle with the protocol.

Attached: Lukket-50s-computer-HOAX.jpg (800x600, 97K)

>PCB manufacture
NOT REALY NEED

Attached: BASIC_ENGINE_ESP32.jpg (1024x881, 355K)

how come that thing in your pic has a ps2 controller port

This is the most disappointing still attempt I've seen here and I've seen them admit to shilling before
OP please leave until you improve your English

>component made to allow small form factor projects
>create an emulator that runs on a large format system
>mfw

Attached: 1553290545546.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

>has usb
botnet

it is PS/2 ,but with USB connector

BUMP

Nigerians who build computers out of the West’s electronic waste have better setups than this.

for $10 i can buy a 15kg of rice

for £15 i can buy an android

it cost $20

>wifi and not ethernet
>no port for a display

>uses fucking HDMI the worst display interface

Don't forget the gluten powder for your protein, the multivitamins for your micronutrients (or vegetables which you pickle, but those are more expensive per day), and amino acid liquid for those unless you can find a powder that's fortified like protein powders are.

>protein
shells from rice fields
>multivitamins
Mango tree gives for free

I have fucked up dietary requirements due to genetic problems, basically needing a 1:10 protein:calorie ratio. Gluten powder is the cheap way to help me achieve this since, per gram of protein, it's far cheaper than any other source here that is better than 1:10.

BUMP

bump

i see theres free schematics and parts list and a build guide for it..but is there anywhere that sells premades? as he said in the video, if someone bulk buys the parts it will bring costs right down

>NOT REALY NEED

Oh sure, let me just poof the PCB out of thin air.

But cann it run Half Life 2?

No. That's why the price is misleading.

The minimum prices to build a single board for yourself are:
- PCB: minimum order from JLCPCB is $2
- Video chip: $5.1
- ESP8266: $1.2
- Connectors, logic, crystal, resistors and capacitors: Aliexpress links are provided for bulk orders; I'd say no less than $5 in total if you need a single board.
- $6.33 shipping for PCB + whatever shipping costs from aliexpress

That adds up to
>$20 USELESS COMPUTER
plus you have to solder everything yourself - if you don't have soldering equipment, double or triple that price.

It becomes cheaper if you build a lot of of them at once since ordering small parts in tens or more makes them way cheaper.
However, the video chip alone can be bought for under $3 only when you order a batch of 1000 or more; so the $3 price for the whole board is theoretical based on production numbers at least in thousands and free labor, which is a pipe dream because nobody wants thousands of a board that can only run a shitty incompatible BASIC dialect.

Attached: AMAZING LIFEHACKS #54.jpg (800x600, 151K)

thats what i was thinking... may as well get an arduino and have the same thing but black and white and only $2-$3

Arduino lacks a display controller and has a pittance of memory, so you'll have to do video output in software, Atari 2600 style.
There is no direct modern equivalent to OP board if you for some reason want specifically BASIC and specifically composite out, but I guess you can get an old Pi 1 for next to nothing and install a BASIC interpreter on it.

there has been a similar device to the OP based on atmega328.. it uses software to generate low res BW image. Using the video out library, ps2 keyboard library (modified pin since both libraries share a pin) and finally tinyBasic. It is true there is limited space left after all of this, but an sd reader could be added for very little cost.
(Ebay prices)
arduino nano - $2.09 USD
arduino compatible SD reader - $0.74 USD

you will also need 2 resistors which can either be had for free if salvaged, or 99c USD for 100.
add $1.50 USD for a set of av cables and ps2 port

you can build a very similar product (black and white instead of color) for under $6, and you dont need to manufacture any pcbs

Attached: _____.jpg (640x275, 59K)

And this is supposed to show what?

NO SOLDERING

Attached: ESP8266-OLED-preflashed-development-board-Screen-0-96-inch-OLED-version-ESP8266-18650-0-96-inch.jpg (1000x1000, 121K)

Wrong. You still have to solder the display chip, there's no way around that.

Why so specific?

no any display chip:

>wifi chip with garbage microcontroller glued to it
>video and audio has to be generated by the crappy microcontroller since there's no dedicated hardware for any of those
>"personal computer"

HATERS GONA HATE

That's the wrong board, pal.

HAVE 2 RIGHTONE BOARDS
THIS ONE OF THEM

ESP8266/8285 isn't a garbage microcontroller, it's extremely capable for its price. Using it as a base for a personal computer and generating composite video in software is fucking retarded though.

>Due to hardware limitations, it is not possible to generate a fully standards-compliant signal using this approach. The Shuttle therefore does not work with all PAL TVs; issues observed include a lack of color, flashing colors, and complete failure to detect the signal. It is also not possible to produce a usable NTSC signal.
>The software video generation puts a high load on the ESP32, and has very strict timing requirements. This makes it impossible to use networking or the flash memory built into the ESP-WROOM-32 module without causing severe display glitches.

Attached: mie.png (400x419, 46K)

Wrong. The Shuttle board is nearly unusable since it only works with specific PAL TVs, it's more or less a proof of concept. And it still costs $15+ to build, since while it does eliminate the video chip, it also replaces the $1 ESP8266 module with a $4 ESP32 one.

have ESP32 modules with all rewuired power elements, just wireup it to connectors

Yes, and? It's unusable. See

usable FOR ME

>if you don't have soldering equipment, double or triple that price.
While I agree with the rest of your post, this is a retarded complaint. Stop being a consumerist whore and get yourself a fucking soldering iron.

I'm currently building an alarm clock.

That was for the comparison to the likes of Pi Zero W that come pre-assembled. I can easily solder a board like that, but I recognize that some people just want to tinker with programming or retro vidya without assembling hardware themselves.

I doubt you even have one.

>I'm currently building an alarm clock.

Hello Achmed

>That was for the comparison to the likes of Pi Zero W that come pre-assembled. I can easily solder a board like that, but I recognize that some people just want to tinker with programming or retro vidya without assembling hardware themselves.
I guess that makes sense.

The comparison to a Pi Zero is interesting, though. I recently got a Pi Zero W and, while I'd say that everyone should solder when they do electronics, a Pi Zero is certainly not a soldering project for a beginner.
You need some experience to realize that the solder blob needs to draw itself into the pad, not just surround the pin as it will thanks to the Pi Zero's affinity for just sucking up all of the heat.

You only have to solder to use the GPIO header. If you want to write stuff in BASIC or emulate an old 8-bit computer, that's not necessary.

And soldering pin headers isn't that hard even with thick copper planes as long as you use an appropriate soldering iron and decent cored solder wire. It's definitely easier than soldering QFP chips and PCB edge connectors.

Why does it have a PlayStation port?

My guess is that it's the most advanced controller they could use without implementing a complex communication protocol.