Can I get used to working with PHP or is it shit?

Can I get used to working with PHP or is it shit?
Got a job offer but i heard its cancer
How bad is it?

Attached: download (2).jpg (1600x900, 97K)

If you're going to turn down a job because of what Jow Forums says, then I feel more sad for you than what I do for people who suffer being PHP developers.

I ask myself the same question about Java.

I'm supposed to be a pro PHP dev but technically barely wrote some Symfony for 6 months in 2 years.

If it's your first programming job then I guess it's ok. You can do "real" OOP with it, composer is nice to use. It's not tedious, it's just boring, and that's why I'm reluctant to answer the job offers I got involving PHP.

I had to do some maintenance work for a legacy PHP codebase and it was horrendous though.

Php doesn't have real oop just like python

Define "real OOP"

You got a job offer for a position involving languages you dont know? This is what you get for lying on your resume retard.

>Python
>real OOP
pick one

Do you mean python has fake oop?

What city do you live in OP?

I used it once. It was fine. Didn't get all the hate train around it.
So far the only language I truly disliked was Ruby. The language itself has some syntax I dislike, but Rails is something I refuse to work with again.

PHP is supreme in poor areas like East-EU and Africa but nobody uses it for mature things anymore : Rust or Kotlin are more robust and modern for this job.

How does Python not have "real" OOP? Whatever that is.

I mean something less cosmetic than Python OOP implementation : Encapsulation, interfaces, abstract classes, etc. We could argue that properties in Python make up for the lack of strict encapsulation but my idea was that it's easier to implement OOP patterns and construct with PHP than Python

Who knows. Python isnt a *pure* OOP language, I guess, but that's a good thing.

>Python isnt a *pure* OOP language
What language is in 2019? Almost all languages are multi paradigm.

Attached: 1538728576208.png (521x459, 376K)

Pure OOP:
Java, .NET

Fake OOP:
Python, PHP

imagine being this retarded? fucking hilarious. shut the fuck up, retard. most internet services run off of php.
> rust
ahahahahahah keep shilling your shit-tier garbage. nobody wants to use it.

Wrong

Java 8 incorporates stuff from functional programming, while C# has done that for ages. C# also has stuff inspired by Erlang and has some "design by contract".

Also, define "real" and "fake" OOP.

Attached: wrong.gif (498x451, 3M)

i don't get why ms doesn't just make c# fully object oriented. they have f# which should be used for functional autism.

not opposite. just research your shit.

No I got an email from my CS professor to recruit me to his company.
he plans to train me for 2-3 months and then give me a junior dev job
he said they mostly use php and mysql
So learning it isn't a problem but my mental health is if its a shit language

Not OP, but my first full time job was as a C++ developer without knowing C++ in beforehand. I had a firm grasp on C and knew a lot about networking, which impressed them. The CTO basically said that it didn't matter, I'd learn that on the job.

I live in the Balkans

Take the job, until you find a better one.
At least you won't be a neet.

Attached: 1556145850237.jpg (356x436, 67K)

The hate is because of PHP programmers. The language makes really easy to shit out unreadable, insecure and buggy stuff, which attracts bad programmers, which makes working with PHP a living nightmare

That is a dumb way to think about it.

A language is a language. Just say yes. Any other job requires 5 years experience anyway. And a CS professor might teach you fun things even as a boss.

php stdlib is full of stuff no one should ever use and should be deprecated. 95% of stackoverflow answers for php are by retards. but the language has cool features, is easy to get started with, and fast af after php7. also check out ReactPHP for nonblocking php if you need it.

stick with postgres. learn with SlimPHP and then from there move onto Symfony or Laravel if you find Slim to be lacking. for most small to medium projects Slim is probably all you need though.

Attached: 1551357715730.jpg (960x960, 161K)

also read and reference PHPTheRightWay, and use Composer

First part of this answer pretty much. I like PHP but if you get tasked to fix some legacy or pajeet code stay far away, but that's common sense no matter the language.

Dogs can sense mentally ill people and try and stay away.

this but slimphp 4 is much more complicated than slim3.
after php basics you should straight to laravel if you want a job quickly

PHP is based OP. Jow Forums is wrong about a lot of things

Depends. If it's somewhat of a new project, it can be pretty comfy. If it's some legacy shitfest, stay the fuck away.