$5-$6K for this

>$5-$6K for this
why?

Attached: 1553214044825.png (587x559, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17Z-001F-00023
datacenterdynamics.com/news/nvidia-updates-geforce-eula-to-prohibit-data-center-use/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its P R O F E S S I O N A L

/thread

but it's slower than a 1080Ti

Not the point

there is no point when the hardware sucks.

>but muh gaymes
You're not paying for performance, you're paying for the extra effort in support they have to put. This is not the domestic level tech support that tells you you're SoL if Fortnite is crashing on you. This is meant for mission critical processes where you lose hundreds or thousands of dollars for every minute of downtime.

no one here mentioned games, so stop making shit up because you have no argument.
>dude support
there is practically none left for that card.

Thanks for proving my point. Now back to /v/ with you

>no argument
>make up your own point to argue against
>can't even
>cop out

Not quite right either. The support is one part of it, yes, but the drivers are the critical part. They put a ton of effort into programming and debugging them to make sure there are ZERO faults. It's not like the slapdash, bluescreen-inducing consumer drivers you tend to get.

>hundreds or thousands of dollars for every minute of downtime
It costs four hundred thousand dollars to run this computer... for twelve seconds

Titan V is also "professional" but not as overpriced (for the performance) as this

Probably for use in GPU clusters?

>company buys it
>OH SHUCKS. Business expense
>tax write off $6k

>but not as overpriced (for the performance) as this
Because it isn't about performance, you'll have racks full of these - running none-stop and if one does fail you get same or next day, no questioned asked delivery of the replacement part by their engineers to your data centre.

I already had driver stability in mind when I mentioned support as a whole, that's why I implied the minimum downtime possible, but yes, that's a good detailed way to put it.
>It costs four hundred thousand dollars to run this computer... for twelve seconds
Just making a point

the same can be said of Titan V....

Not to the same extent.

yes to the same extent.

>the /v/ kiddies discovers enterprise hardware
I have GPUs that perform like a GeForce 4000 MX while they costed twice as much as OPs card when they came out.

We can keep going back and fourth or you reasonably understand that they are different products, on a different scale, thus differently priced.

I was talking about it in the context of a Titan V which is also for professional use only.

>professional use only.
And for some reason you can't accept there are different tiers of professional usage.

If you don't know, you don't need it. It's for corporations that require either very specific drivers, hardware, redundancy, or reliability.
It's like asking why servers run ECC memory and it is 2-3x higher priced than consumer garbage RAM.

what places Tesla (so far) above Titan V? can you name anything specific other than magical support which Titan V has also?

where are you getting your price from???
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17Z-001F-00023
$800.....

That onus isn't on me, but do you deny the the fact they are different products, with different specifications, priced differently for a different scale of work?

Because Novidea forbids Gayforce in data centers
datacenterdynamics.com/news/nvidia-updates-geforce-eula-to-prohibit-data-center-use/

you will always be a dumb poorfag lol

cause they scale to be used in multi-card supercomputers (which you cant do with 2080ti)
and cause enterprise sector is willing to pay huge premium for maximum performance and scalability

So this is the power of /v/