What emerging technologies are you most excited about and why?

What emerging technologies are you most excited about and why?

Attached: 1556484382490.jpg (640x633, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

encode.ru/threads/2829-RAZOR-strong-LZ-based-archiver
encode.ru/threads/2078-List-of-Asymmetric-Numeral-Systems-implementations
dropbox.com/s/f13ylst1mghrje5/ANSsem_mat.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i haev an emerging technologies in my pants if you know what i mean lol

You mean you're big fat cock lmfao

I feel like folding oled screens going mainstream is unironically a pretty neat advancement in the right direction for mobile technology.

Attached: 4B102317-D220-4BF8-9B81-22BB51F40BBD.jpg (627x627, 22K)

Public suicide booths.

Attached: 2905B49F-B9E1-41D7-8830-7AA3F01BD85F.png (418x498, 253K)

The konosuba movie featuring Megumeme

I want to throw Megumin's tiny body around while I vigorously violate her cunny

Molten salt reactors
- Does basically everything fusion says it'll do
- Invented in the 1960s, many companies working on commercialization now
- Extremely cheap energy
- Inexhaustible fuel supply (Th or U from ocean)
- High operating temps means waste heat desalinates ocean water
- Process heat produces CO2 neutral gasoline at $1.60/gal
- Can't meltdown
- Construction costs around that of combined cycle natural gas plants

MicroLED because OLED can suck my dick I won't buy a TV or monitor with a fucking expiring date.
And Machine Learning / AI. Why? I work with ML in my free time and it's amazing. And if you don't believe me ask anyone that bothers to read further into it than the buzzword bullshit bingo and pulp science shit online.
Also it's pretty rewarding to see results when your ML shit does what you trained it for.

Let me guess this is the kinda tech that we know is perfectly possible but current materials don't allow widespread adoption yet

Not exactly. The materials science is questionable for *large* reactors, because those would need to operate for a long time, and high temperature salts even with Hastelloy-N or whatever doesn't play so nice. However the solution is simply to make smaller modules of 50 to 250 MWe that can be transported relatively simply, and have the entire reactor+heat exchanger+supercritical CO2 turbine be in a single can so you can pull it out and slot a fresh one in after 5-10 years or so. Both ThorCon and Terrestrial Energy have such plans, and because of high capacity factors of these plants (close to 100% with fuel co-generation irrespective of renewables) the economics come out extremely favourably still, against both coal and natural gas.

I hope (((they)))'ll call it teleportation booths.

I feel like folding screens is a bit of a a meme. I don't really understand the usefulness of it. I just can't picture myself folding my smartphone all the time

I feel like it's a dumb gimmick

God I fucking LOVE flat chests

For some reason, technology doesn't make me feel excited anymore... But I guess I like self driving cars

That is because you have peaked at optimizing your tech at home or you levelled down to normalfag level and became uninterested.

Attached: 1978165-n0.jpg (700x665, 149K)

I think it's because I've been working as a programmer for 15 years. I'm just tired because I realized that everything is more or less the same, and most of the tech we make and buy won't make anything better, sometimes making it worse

I'm having a good time and I'm a boomer:
>ryzen 3000
>TLS1.3
>helium drives
>Gigabit internet
>OLEDs
>handheld computers (dumbphones)

I don't see where we made it worse. Just avoid dumb consumerist products and social media and you have a blast.

>everything is more or less the same
Lmao, midlife crisis already? Yeah life is the same once you stop doing new stuff.

Attached: 1419256762889.jpg (720x720, 119K)

Minmaxing of food production. I like me a good slab o' meat, but honestly I also can't wait for hydroponic warehouse agriculture, insect flour and an insurgence of traditional food alternatives and resource effective cuisine. Land intensive, water intensive, pesticide laden, soil destroying traditional agriculture can pack its bags.

Attached: feb2d40a62fdb0090b6d7a92941e259c.jpg (649x365, 64K)

Powered Exoskeletons

This

WireGuard! It BTFOs silly OpenVPN and IPSec

Maybe you're right, although most tech you cited are minor iterations on stuff that already existed. I said that because of my CS background... Sometimes I feel that CS is already "solved" as much as it can be, we're only throwing more computing power at the same old methods, and there's nothing new to be discovered.

We made it worse by enabling exactly those things you told me to avoid. Nowadays, tech is filled with anti-consumer business models, and people love them! I miss the time when I could simply buy stuff

Also I'm really intrigued by the prospect of using wind or photovoltaic powered, closet sized hydrogen production stations to provide residential homes with offgrid energy storage and emissions-free power for hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.

Attached: honda-smart-home-system-2.jpg (1300x731, 148K)

A downsized, mobile application of the same principle is a hydrogen producing, hydrogen powered sailyacht. Was planned by some company, sadly remained a concept. Would've used excess electricity from PV cells and small wind turbines to create and store hydrogen, and then power its aux systems and trolling motor with a hydrogen fuel cell as opposed to current sailboats that still have aux diesel engines on board.

Attached: b388fc557f5e2b1315250b0786437795.gif (655x835, 48K)

Sadly you definitely levelled down due to constant exposure to tech and being forced to do repetitive tasks.

How is there nothing new to be discovered? HAMR and MAMR drives are coming, 7nm and 5nm is coming. You only have lived the technological era when you see it peak.

Cannot go smaller than the atom or more scientifically correct: the lattice constants of silicon.
Carbon nanotubes are vaporware, dead on arrival. Imagine placing millions of them and they break really fast.

No no, you've seen it when we cap with drives and processors. I call it the human dead end.

>Sometimes I feel that CS is already "solved" as much as it can be, [cut], and there's nothing new to be discovered.
Cannot be solved if cryptography still advances. Maybe you should study mathematics on top. There is endless use for this field of work. As is in compression algorithms. Not the meme crap like fake AI that is just bayesian statistics.

>We made it worse by enabling exactly those things you told me to avoid. Nowadays, tech is filled with anti-consumer business models, and people love them! I miss the time when I could simply buy stuff
I'm sorry you feel that way as well.

>we're only throwing more computing power at the same old methods
Demoscene coding? Minimalism? Hey I love that too, you are not alone. But we both can instinctively tell if a program is junk by looking at its framework, size and execution speed. You just feel it. Kek, if you have a laptop and it makes the fan spin you already know code is crap. Unless you run MATLAB and COMSOL for a physics simulation.

Attached: 3fab4652145f497bcdb01dc01b4e6dc1.png (1201x1600, 2.19M)

wee woo wee woo

Attached: fbi open up.png (460x283, 133K)

>Age: -1
That's almost too young.

that's a dash, not a hyphen

The point is, Megumeme is in the prime age for sex, and everyone rightfully want to destroy her cunhole and savor her whole body for hours.

>pesticide laden, soil destroying traditional agriculture can pack its bags
Organics was suppose to solve this, natural pesticides with soil that is living and always fertile but not everything is sustainable
Hydroponics if done correctly should be sustainable and even provide cleaner safer food provided the fertilizers are clean of heavy metals

This.

Attached: 1311010641509small.jpg (938x4167, 847K)

shit
meant for

Advances in AI (neural networks).

Reusable rockets + expandable space habitats.

Attached: RDH_8300.jpg (768x1211, 107K)

Good quality VR. We are getting there.

Organics don't yield enough to be viable from a commercial or even humanitarian perspective. We'd starve if we went all organic on fields.

VR is a meme gimmick fad that is already over.

Attached: 1545683299752s.jpg (125x70, 2K)

>already over
>a new quality headset was just released

Sure thing, buddy.

>already over
haha, I wish. new vive shit and valve sets released today for $999.

nah, VR will never die. it hibernates and returns every single fucking decade to scam people.

it is like communism:
>t-this time it will work

Attached: 36af0edf6529534426d3ad95cba8aa42.jpg (708x1000, 708K)

Sexbots. Not sorry to say it. They can do the programming currently, poorly but can be improved on moving from there. The issue is with the body materials are lacking.
Now dont get me wrong, I can get women pretty easily. They are just annoying and financially dangerous to be with. I've known women who got pregnant on purpose just to secure the guy. If they couldnt they then secured his funding through the kid. We've mostly all seen videos where women will hurt themselves, call the police and claim the male did it so they dont get kicked out of the house.
I am not putting myself at risk for that bullshit. Call me a freak but many of you would do the same if the chance became available.

Wrong

Sure, I'll give it to you hardware is still advancing. I didn't see this aspect of evolution when I wrote my initial post.
I have a degree in EE and my master's is in Mathematics (heuristics for the resource-constrained project scheduling problem), so it shouldn't be lack of studying math.
You mentioned crypto and compression, and these might be the less boring areas of CS, but still, what can actually change from that? Google will save a few server bucks with better compression, we will maintain the current level of maximum security (which is pretty good) for a few more years as hardware advances... That's it.

Well this time it actually works. Vive is pretty good.

3DTV.

Hmm tough case with you. Lot's of advancements in compression software are made by hobbyists:

encode.ru/threads/2829-RAZOR-strong-LZ-based-archiver
encode.ru/threads/2078-List-of-Asymmetric-Numeral-Systems-implementations

Attached: ANS_general_picture.png (1773x841, 138K)

dropbox.com/s/f13ylst1mghrje5/ANSsem_mat.pdf

Attached: ANSexample.png (1216x1127, 117K)

Sorry, maybe I've expressed myself poorly. I didn't mean Google controls research on compression. There a lot of people on academia (or even outside it) making great stuff. The thing is: what can possibly come out of that? I don't think we can go that much further in lossless compression, and lossy is mostly useful for media (from where comes the cost cut).

I don't see compression giving birth to new business models. And since most of "change" comes from new businesses...

Something that will inadvertently somehow kill at least 3 billion people. Please

As long as those 3 billion people are 3rd-worlders