>Do not remind me again
the horror
if you use automatic updates your OS probably has telemetry AIDS anyway

>after 10 years
>its not even oct 2019 yet
fucking ms pajeets cant get anything right

Lenovo should sue them for portraying Thinkpads as ancient machinery

YES WHAT WE NEED IS MORE OUTRAGE THREADS ABOUT THINGS DISCUSSED TO DEATH

I don't understand what the problem is. Obviously they have to stop supporting software at some point and focus on the future.

Just go over to linux instead. I did the jump from 7 to linux and I don't feel bad about it.

Welcome to the internet

Can't wait for the day you faggots will cry about 1809 not being supported anymore and having to update.

Attached: 507p6ayp91w01.jpg (576x552, 47K)

Because it sucks. Install Parabola GNU/Linux-Libre instead

I saw that message a couple of weeks ago when I turned my dad's computer on to use his printer. The phrasing is pretty funny. "We know change can be difficult" and "We want to help you prepare for what's next" sound like things you might say to a 98 year old who doesn't remember why he's in a nursing home.

Well they certainly know their userbase.

I have SP1, all legit bug fixing updates downloaded as installers, and AIK. Why would I care about them stopping updates?

>Why would I care about them stopping updates?
Why do you come to Jow Forums?

but they are

>the laptop isn't a Thinkpad anymore
Did Lenovo sue them?

Get off my lawn, tourist.

I love how Microsoft uses a T400 to convey the "this shit is ancient" feeling.

It still is a Thinkpad, the image has just been altered to make it slightly less recognizable. They were also using an L420.

user... you're implying that they are not.

>year of our lord
>he doesn't have windows 7 pro/enterprise
SAD!

Because the retards who say Windows 10 is shit and Windows 7 is not (imagine thinking any Windows is "not shit"), are more afraid of change than a 80-year-old evangelical white priest in a rural town in Texas.

here’s your attention

7 is slightly less shit, that's all that matters.

I'll use it until 2023 (extended support), unless 10 somehow magically improves first (not likely).

7 and 10 are literally the same shit you nigger. What's so different about 10 that makes it that worse?

I literally used 10 for a year and consciously switched back. It's not about being "afraid of change". It's about 10 being a shitty product.

10 gets in the way of me using my computer how I want to, 7 does not. Simple as that.

The half assed spastic UI, multiple control panel programs, ads by default both in bundled programs and in the fucking start menu, and that's without going into telemetry and botnet memes.

7 doesn't have ads

They aren't.

It's a more polished product all around. It's a complete/finished product, while 10 is not. Also
1. No big feature updates twice a year that mess things up (at best they only reset some settings).
2. Smaller updates generally install very fast and with no hassles, whereas on 10 they usually take a minute or two longer for some reason.
3. The GUI isn't ugly as fuck. Basically 10 is all the bad of 7, plus a flat no CSS GUI in addition to that, with settings scattered all over. I know my way around, but it's still an abomination to look at.
4. No adware/spyware, or at least less of it.
5. Easier to install updates (select only what you need), especially relevant for Office. On 10 you need to use wushowhide.

I could go on, but fuck it, I probably won't convince anyone anyway. It's many little things that end up annoying me.

You should use Simplix Update Pack on 7.

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

neither does 10 if you're not a brainlet

This lmao
Windows 10 just werks of you're not a moron

read further than the headline :)

Retard

fucking this

>just spend more time fighting your OS
Yeah, no thanks. I'll rather just use an OS that wasn't designed by incompetent pajeets and marketeers.

>just spend more time fighting your OS
like what, 2 minutes?

Doesn't POSReady 7 get updates till almost 2022 or something? IIRC it accepts the same updates as regular Windows 7 anyway and behaves pretty much the same after install

The only ads I've seen were suggested apps from the store. Two clicks and they're gone.

good luck finding an ISO that isn't russian ransomware

There are many other little annoyances that you have to turn off, like asking you to rate the fucking calculator when you open it (not making it up). Or Edge ads in the task bar...
It's a fucking clown OS.

>what is SHA1

What the fuck.
I've never had this.
Are you burgers getting fucked this hard?

>There are many other little annoyances that you have to turn off, like asking you to rate the fucking calculator when you open it (not making it up). Or Edge ads in the task bar...
>It's a fucking clown OS.
I've used it since release and I literally don't know what you're talking about

Tits or GTFO, Andrei.

>it dunt happen to me
Like fucking clockwork. Bing it if you don't believe me, you god damn pajeets.

>wuhhh why aren’t you freaking out about windows 10 shill FUD like I am
Why do you come to Jow Forums?

>pull shit out of your ass
>"HOW DARE THEY NOT BELIEVE ME?!"

I'm being dead fucking serious. Never had that shit. Try setting the region to some 3rd world country.

>128 gb of ram
what motherboard supports that

Why install the Piece Of Shit version when regular embedded works just fine and doesn’t remind you that you’re running a cash register OS on your desktop?

just use windows 10
not as bad as every autistic fuck on here say's it is

who here remember pirating Ultimate 64x like a month after it came out

Attached: fn.jpg (600x600, 33K)

There are still motherboards that don’t? My workstation from fucking 2006 can run that much.

a lot of them do like TR4 (Threadripper) and some LGA1151 boards

That is X99 in that pic. LGA2011

>Click on Windows 10 search bar at bottom of screen
>Start typing
>R
>E
>G
>E
>D
>I
All the while, it's sitting at 'no matches'
>T
We've found what you were looking for. Who the fuck would have guessed that someone who types REGEDI was looking for the registry editor?
Windows 10 is literally broken, in that native basic features do not work.

my name's Regedi, fuck you

u wot

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (783x641, 73K)

>Windows 10 search bar at bottom of screen
nigga disable that shit, just hit the windose key and type away, works the same

I have that problem on LTSB but not on LTSC. It apparently got fixed in some version between them. I ended up using Open-Shell on LTSB because of it

yep OP is dumb

Attached: Untitled.png (753x676, 41K)

Attached: regedi.png (397x641, 14K)

u wot v2

Attached: Screenshot_4.png (786x681, 86K)

>It works on my machine

Are you a developer by any chance?

>I love how Microsoft uses a T400 to convey the "this shit is ancient" feeling.
Came here to say this.

No

not him but it probably caches results and applications

install GNU/Linux and stop crying about your street shitter OS and its shitty filesystem.

F

That picture brings me so much happiness. Reminds me of my computer back in 2010 in uni.

Why do people still use Windows in 2019? Even Linux can do gaming now thanks to Proton.

/thread

>Russian botnet

>not having a day 0 pirated copy

STOP POSTING THIS FUCKING THREAD WE KNOW.
JUST INSTALL GENTOO AND QUIT POLLUTING THIS BOARD

Attached: ange.png (748x1080, 96K)

>Year of the Windows desktop.
>Doesn't even have a usable search function.
Submit.

Do you think there will be a group of die hard luddites who think windows 8 is the superior windows and hold out till windows 10 or that everyone will switch to windows 10?

there will be Windows 7 retards that fall for the FUD and begrudgingly move to 8, using such bullshit to rationalize their decision, and they'll even be partially correct, because Windows 8 lacks a lot of the things that made 10 so shit, though it is the beginning of the end of Windows for sure.

Outside of people who only get a new OS when they buy a computer and are simultaneously too poor to buy a computer, no.

I don't get the Windows 10 hate. By far the smoothest running Windows for me. Windows 8 was absolute shit. XP, Vista, and 7 were all better than 8. What I didn't like about XP were the constant updates when it took a long time back then. Vista was more visually appealing but I'd get random errors and not really supported anymore. 7 and 10 I hold in equal footing, and 10 feels like an improved version to me. This could have all been due to the machines I used at the time but this was my experience.

>spend more time fighting your os
vs
>spend more time ricing and fixing your os
Why are all OS shit

lol

Attached: 1543540154132.png (900x648, 44K)

Thinkpad internals are not but the design is

Good job exposed all the 10 fags lol.

Literally no one uses 1809 though.

I've been using WES7 for years now and it really is the best embedded.

Where/how are people getting these EOL popups?
I'm using windows 7 and haven't gotten any of these messages

Why are you still using Windows? I installed my first Distro the very day that the "upgrade" notice popped up, because fuck paying for a license just to get ads.

They're both shit, but Windows 7 is less than 2GB if you install the right version, it's a completely unjustifiable waste of space installing Windows 10 in a VM.

thinkpad is finally obsolete
thanks microshart

WINTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: itoddlers.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

Install xenserver.
Have your windows machine run as vm.
Snapshots allow you to roll back if Microsoft fucks up

the update isnt offered for pro or enterprise editions

>1. No big feature updates twice a year that mess things up (at best they only reset some settings).
Indeed, because you're using a deprecated, now security-hole ridden system.
>2. Smaller updates generally install very fast and with no hassles, whereas on 10 they usually take a minute or two longer for some reason.
A precious WHOLE minute
>3. The GUI isn't ugly as fuck. Basically 10 is all the bad of 7, plus a flat no CSS GUI in addition to that, with settings scattered all over. I know my way around, but it's still an abomination to look at.
HAHHAHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA
>4. No adware/spyware, or at least less of it.
WINDOWS HAS SPYWARE SINCE FUCKING 98 LOL
>5. Easier to install updates (select only what you need), especially relevant for Office. On 10 you need to use wushowhide.
The fuck is wushowhide

>The fuck is wushowhide
Yeah that just about sums up your lack of clue, you stupid nigger. Don't ever post again.