IPv6 fun fact

IPv6 was designed to make it exponentially easier to track you, since it contains an almost infinite amount of addresses (in the undecillions). Because it has so many addresses, there's no need to have separate private and public IP addresses that IPv4 has. Prove me wrong.

Attached: internet-ipv6.jpg (402x292, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.webernetz.net/why-nat-has-nothing-to-do-with-security/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thinking that you are untrackable without at least hiding your IP is rarted anyway. And IPv6 would be nice for P2P, since there is no need for NAT passthrough fuckery.

IPv4 running out of addresses is the global warming scam of networking
I remember when 14 years ago I heard that IPv6 was right around the corner because there were like 10 addresses left in the world.
And to date, it's still just an extra nuisance.

ipv6 is a meme, it was trying to fight for so long that it's outdated now

>ping ::/0

Attached: 6e8734dfe00c1b1d.jpg (2500x1250, 348K)

enjoy your CGNAT

I am, thank you.

fun fact: i fucked your mom, you dumb boomer

So we're forever stuck with v4?

No, IoT devices are simply too numerous for us to actually continue using IPv4.

While IPv4 will likely still be in use for MANY MANY years, IPv6 is already being used by most cell carriers and many other ISPs have switched to dual stack IPv4/IPv6 solutions.

>I make it 500% harder to use my computer to make it 20% less easy for companies to track the absolutely uneventful shit I do on the computer and this is reasonable
>Companies are sitting there looking at profiles going "lol what a huge faggot" as they dig through search histories
This is what Jow Forums actually believes

This

Also, OP, learn how deep packet inspection works. You're not anonymous simply because you're hiding behind a public IP.

>I don't understand how tracking cookies are - the post
Your IP is irrelevant, Facebook and Google will always know its you regardless of which network you connect to.

>IPv6 was designed to make it exponentially easier to track you
>Prove me wrong
the rfcs that spell out the ipv6 standard were published before there were anything resembling trends toward tracking people on the internet

With IPv4 you are using TURN or similar for a lot of stuff due to the NAT ... I'm pretty sure that completely removes any security and privacy benefits that a NAT offers

On ipv4 you have more users and devices under the same global ip offered by your ISP.

On ipv6 every device will have an address composed from a prefix assigned by the isp and the rest of the address being the mac address of the NIC of that device.

So yeah, you could not hide anymore under a public free wi-fi if you are traced by the glowing ones bechause your device is now unique on the internet.

You seem to believe you're required to use the machine's mac for the last four blocks of your IPv6 address (after the /64 prefix). You're not. You can put whatever the hell you want there. GNU/Linux has had a privacy mode for IPv6 since forever.

Not that it .. matters that much. You can pretty much know what building it's from whether it's a IPv4 IP and someone's behind NAT or it's a /64 prefix.

On the more practical side of things: I've been using IPv6, mostly with tunnels, for almost two decades. Having a accessible IP for everything and no NAT to deal with has some really clear advantages.

what is mac spoofing for 500 alex?

>the rest of the address being the mac address of the NIC
That was changed long ago.

>implying every single person is already being tracked
okbro

The real question is when will torrent trackers start accepting ipv6?

windows actually has a pre-enabled setting when you use ipv6. it creates for you a temporary address to make you untrackable.

Attached: Temp IPv6 address.png (677x342, 16K)

That's Facebook, you mong.

FYI you can also NAT IPv6 if you want so much, even through there is no such thing in the RFCs.

Hmm bump

No

Attached: no_faggot.png (636x118, 22K)

Kek'd

>IPv6 was designed to make it exponentially easier to track you, since it contains an almost infinite amount of addresses
I think you're confusing cause with effect. A tinfoil hat can get heavy on the brain, eh?

There is literally nothing wrong with that.

blog.webernetz.net/why-nat-has-nothing-to-do-with-security/

>he allows Jewberg and Jewgle cookies in his browser
>he doesn't block Jewberg and Jewgle in his hosts files
The absolute state

>NAT does not add any real security to a network while it breaks almost any good concepts of a structured network design
Works on my machine

NAT only works because your ISP knows how to modify headers for common protocols. Try creating a new protocol and you're fucked.

>Global warming
>Scam
Kill yourself

>provided no proof to backup insane claim
>we're supposed to prove you wrong
that's not how it works, you dense motherfucker. you're like 90% of the fucking idiots that shit up this board. make wild claims, provide no proof, when proven wrong you all lose your shit or move goal posts. my advice for you would be to put a shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger if you can't give us any shred of evidence to support your retarded compulsive lying.

>insane claim

Attached: 1552483837419.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

How exactly security works in IPv6? My ISP provides IPv6, and the router it gave me supports it aswell, so PCs in my local network receive unique-global v6 addresses, and I can even ping them directly outside of network. But how do I block/unblock connections to tcp/udp ports from outside? Firewall rules are nonexistent in this shitty router, it only has conventional NAT port forwarding settings

>But how do I block/unblock connections to tcp/udp ports from outside?
Software firewall on the devices.

>>Global warming
>>Scam
>Kill yourself
kys

I'm pretty sure your router blocks incoming TCP connections and UDP packets by default, but if your router doesn't then devices definitively do.

I'm sorry if you're too much of a brainlet to do highschool level calculations.

I bet you suck a mean dick too,faggot.

>there is no need for NAT passthrough fuckery
FUCKING THIS
In the early 2000s, I was able to host a website on my parents PC because my ISP wasn't a motherfucking kike.
Now I decide to try to host a website a couple of months back and guess what? CGNAT. Double NAT. I cannot receive incoming connections because my ISP is a motherfucking jew bastard who won't upgrade to IPv6 so that they can provide _ACTUAL_ internet access to their customers instead of all the smokes and mirror bullshit.

The consumers really need to push harder for IPv6, ISP are born motherfuckers and the only way they learn is by the stick, right in their faces

the only difference is that we actually are running out of ipv4 address space.

kkekk

This.

I'm more interested in why you'd ever need to use it in the first place.

Who cares? Just do a ticket system and wait in line to be issued an IP when one is free.

Not the point.

That is beyond retarded. Why should i have to wait to use the internet?

>he doesn't have a /48 at home
How does it feel to be an IPlet?

>>being so faggot not knowing that router has MAC
>>being so nigger you don't know what MAC is
the absolute state of Jow Forums

I don't care for v6 either OP, but don't spread fud. For me, v6 means a hosts file twice as large, the need to filter ten times as many IP addresses on my router (bogons mostly), more rules in my firewalls, more issues with the myriad applications that are buggy when IPv6 is enabled (believe it not, many up-to-date torrent clients and file sharing apps in general still struggly with IPv6), and therefore a larger attack vector for me to be constantly aware of. Therefore I leave it disabled on my devices and at the router level as well. If I bought a better router, and I felt like setting aside a couple of days to make 100% sure that my configs are good from a security perspective for IPv6, I'd use the protocol. Until then, definitely not.

>Don't allow jewgle cookies
>Have to solve 8 captchas per post

The exact same thing happened to me

It took me 3 days to figure it out

I just wanted to host a chan

It's OK: no one actually uses IPv6. It got betamaxed.

Just use a temporary address. Since your prefix is most likely at least /64 you can have as many addresses as you want and nobody can track you. The only thing they can track is your subnet, which is not really different to your public IPv4 your ISP gives you. NetworkManager can do this.

Lack of NAT is absolutely based and I'm absolutely loving not having to deal with NAT traversal and CGNAT blocking my ports.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-04 01-20-28.png (526x502, 36K)

We've run out of ipv4 adresses a long time ago. ISPs have started implementing CGNAT which is basically a life support system for IPv4 and makes hosting anything on your own network practically impossible.

>exponentially easier to track you
what the fuck is that even supposed to mean when there are only two different values being compared?

Reminder: The NSA wants your nudes.