BTFO vim

Attached: 9537AAA9-9FF5-4827-8FE8-E2846A576FBF.jpg (1204x1071, 617K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vim.fandom.com/wiki/Editing_remote_files_via_scp_in_vim
emacswiki.org/emacs/TrampMode
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what is ssh also

vim.fandom.com/wiki/Editing_remote_files_via_scp_in_vim

Attached: 1556821502126.jpg (563x651, 226K)

that's cool i guess, but when will they fix the noticeable keyboard input delay issue?

tfw when they did this because windows filesystem is so terrible it shits itself on long pathnames i.e. node_modules.

Can someone give me some sample use cases for remote development? I haven't used it myself.
Is it for when you want to build/run your code on a more powerful machine more easily?

>500 GB extension
based

Emacs has had this in the form of TRAMP for aeons.
Emacs wins yet again.

Debug in server or native platform, hotfix

Hey, user, you need to fix this on production immediately.
OK, starts remote development

They've never heard of ssh?
SFTP?
Or how about sshfs which abstracts over SFTP and makes your remote directories into properly mountable drives?

retard

Attached: chrome_eKXCgqaWt1.png (146x51, 5K)

lol, all other editors playing catch up as always
emacswiki.org/emacs/TrampMode

>not just using KIO or GVFS

so... it can open network shares? and work on projects over ssh? how exactly is this impressive?

>writing code inside a full-fledged web browser

Attached: trash.png (1200x675, 836K)

you are still a child if you use anything other than Vim

Emacs isn't even an editor anymore and hasn't been for a while. It has a fucking e-mail client. The devs are just pissed their kernel never worked out and are expressing their want through Emacs. Like a mother who had an abortion and then kidnaps another baby to mother it.

linux tards desperately seek validation, a feeling of power and a sense of belonging to an elite hacker community, and are deeply hurt when someone questions their use of archaic terminal garbage

windows explorer literary unironically cannot do sftp or mount sshfs shares (without some hacky 3rd party implementation) so they offer it through Chrome

WE FOUND HIM! Everyone gather around and laugh at the loser nigger who cant use Vim and thinks its outdated. Kid is probably 18 and will never succeed. Such a shame.

>archaic terminal garbage
I hate zoomers so goddamn much.

Attached: 1532866597467.png (672x787, 979K)

Your psychiatrist needs to fix that for you

This. Command line vim or die!

>look ma, we've reinvented TRAMP!

>Actually using a bloated, inconsistent, slow, buggy shit heap of an IDE in 2019.
kys faggot.

Attached: oopjeet.jpg (640x660, 67K)

Vim manages to fuck up something as basic as indentation, unlike Emacs.

>Visual Studio Code

Attached: 1514653620200.jpg (665x800, 157K)

>bloated
yeah
>inconsistent, slow, buggy
you've never used it before, huh?

>vim
Why they take it personal. Psychologically they are a willing sub/slave. They had to give up the way they do everything, change themselves. Conform to vim, submit to vim.

Input delay is a trademark MS feature, user.

vim is niggerware, use ed

Your nigger tier web-browser-pretending-to-be-an-editor will be replaced by the next meme in 10 years while vim will most likely outlive you.

terry, is that you?

that fucking drill nig on vim.org is there to provoke you so they can lock you away

Nano

Nope. We use tools because it just works and it's easy/fast to use. There has been many times when I had to ssh into a box and I can't use some gui stuff from there well not easily so might as well use the text editor that comes with the distro 90% of the time. If you end up having to use something anyway and you know it has many other use cases then why not just make that thing a main tool in your workspace instead of having something else to learn. I use vi everyday and I don't feel leet nor raped.

Just tried it - I work with a multi-GPU server in GCP due to Memechine Learning. Slower than plain SSH but seeing the filesystem directly maybe was a plus.

At the end of the day, if I want something done quick I'll ssh+emacs, if it's something substantial I'll write locally and sync. The only way this could be useful was if it also could somehow magically forward matplotlib shit without any effor on my end so that I could replace jupyter

BLOAT.

Just use sshfs like a normal fucking person.

"Emacs is an editor extensible in Lisp. Nothing more. Just like Autocad is a cad program extensible in Lisp. Autocad is also no Lisp OS. Just like Quicksilver is a publishing program extensible in Lisp".
Emacs just happens to have a interpreter of the same language it is written on. If a text editor was 2written on Python and it included a Python interpreter, then you could write as many email clients in it as you wanted. But it still would be an editor at its core.

Python noob here.

Why do I code so much better on a white background?

Am I never going to make it?

>writing code

Attached: 1535691715146.jpg (720x405, 23K)

I just use sshfs or something and mount a remote dir and work in it. Why is this some revolutionary bullshit?

wow.
I didn't know that was possible.
thanks, user.