AdNauseam: can it destroy evil Google and FB?

Tell me about AdNauseam Jow Forums... can this adblocker be used to defeat evil Google and other ad-based "surveillance capitalism" companies like Facebook? Are you running it?

Attached: 1556718075556.png (225x224, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_fraud
adnauseam.io/
clickfraud.org)
github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam/wiki/FAQ#how-does-adnauseams-clicking-differ-from-click-fraud
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It would if it had way more development thrown into it
I do run it, unless I want things to just werk in which case I disable it and enable uBO

>I do run it, unless I want things to just werk in which case I disable it and enable uBO
What issues have you encountered?

Random ads slipping through all the time, annoying auto-closing pop-ups (this it's probably an Fx limitation though), cosmetic lists not working right, random breakage that doesn't happen with uBO, list updates that seem to never go through (haven't properly checked if the do update), and lists that can't be updated at all
I have never bothered to open a issue or check the issue tracker, since it works well enough for general browsing, most issues are annoyances

I'm running it now.
What sites should I visit to inflict maximum damage to G & FB?

>Thinking this actually hurts anyonr
If you want to hurt advertisers exclusively use Tor and load all tracker and ad scripts instead of making it easier for Google et al to detect AdNauseam usage

dunno', I just browse normally
You might want to look into TrackMeNot and the GNU+Terrorism threads on cripplechan, but afaik they never made anything good on those threads
TrackMeNot easily gets the captcha ban from Google so it stops working
Pretty much any tracker simply disregards anything that comes out of Tor exit nodes

>TrackMeNot
just installed it. very interesting extension!

is it a resource hog?

palemoon's furry hates it!

This is ad fraud which is a crime.

Blocking ads == not a crime
Deliberately downloading ads and clicking on them to sabotage ad providers == fraud, is a crime.

Of course, there will never be enough people using this for large corps to bother chasing them down.

>"blocks" ads... apart from the ones we chose to click on to subvert the advertisers ...and get money for.

Attached: nwa3.jpg (2086x2782, 1.04M)

>This is ad fraud which is a crime.
LOL'd. show me the law.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_fraud

LOL'd again. have you even looked at the page? How am I profiting from it?

Oh, I didn't knew this was illegal. Where can I download AdNauseam?

adnauseam.io/

Companies will go after people once they start losing money. They are either not being affected or they are benefiting from it.

>How am I profiting from it?
dev shill confirmed...

Attached: nwa2.jpg (2102x2802, 1.05M)

why are you spamming the same pic, mentally ill tranny?

>he doesn't have tranny pics saved for shill breads like this...

Is this your first time trying to get gibs out of 4chinz?

Attached: karenwfox_135864436_DSCN2892.JPG.jpg (768x1024, 391K)

>saving tranny pics
kys

You don't need to profit for it to be fraud, retard.

>Fraud is generally defined in the law as an intentional misrepresentation of material existing fact made by one person to another with knowledge of its falsity and for the purpose of inducing the other person to act, and upon which the other person relies with resulting injury or damage.

how is clicking on random ads fraud? you really are retarded af.

>how can doing random thing be a crime
t. user pretending to be a lawyer

t. Furrymeme developer who doesn't know the law

How does AdNauseam's clicking differ from 'click-fraud'?

We understand what click-fraud is and do not believe we are engaging in it (nor do the lawyers we have consulted). Turning the tables, we would like to hear why someone holds that AdNauseamdoescommit click fraud. Would they say the same of anyone who clicks on an Ad in which they are not really interested?
"Click Fraud is the practice of falsely clicking on advertiser’s sponsored links to gain credit for the publisher while charging fraudulent, invalid clicks to the advertiser." (fromclickfraud.org)
github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam/wiki/FAQ#how-does-adnauseams-clicking-differ-from-click-fraud

Because ad nauseam is intentionally trying to cause harm to advertisers. Usually in court you would have to prove someone was doing so intentionally, but ad nauseam has very helpfully confessed to willfully trying to cause harm on their website.

All that's left is for someone to try to take ad nau seam to court, and luckily for them that's not likely to happen because so few people use it that advertisers don't even notice. If somehow lots of people do start using it, better make sure you have a lawyer ready.

>not having tranny pics to contribute to a great bread like this one.

Attached: klarissakrass_34187123971_119H1L.jpg (1200x2000, 979K)

It’s great. I’m school IT consultant and have installed it on literally thousands of machines.

Oh noooo the ad police are gonna get me!

Attached: 83595B12-8C08-4F9D-B6E4-E67F964CA31E.jpg (681x384, 41K)

>2019
>being this cucked
Is this life?
T-Thanks god