Calling all CRT hipsterfags:

Calling all CRT hipsterfags:

What analog-digtal converter do you guys use? My Dell adapter displays the image incorrectly at anything at or above 1600x1200. Also, would it be worth it to just get a DVI-I capable graphics card?

Attached: giphy.gif (400x267, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SW9JI9A/ref=psdcmw_14570285011_t1_B07BKYBKGP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>CRT hipsterfags

This isn't a thing. Please tell me this isn't a thing. The world can only bear so much autism.

>ADC
>CRT

wat

>What analog-digtal converter do you guys use?
Computer has one builtin.
I think he has a computer without VGA port, he's probably a gamer kid who bought a CRT because "muh no latency"

>analog-digtal converter
You mean RAMDAC

>I think he has a computer without VGA port

yeah and? A CRT should be able to take a digital input. It should have signal processing circuitry on board to take digital input and generate an analog sweep as an output. I guess if it's a really old CRT then perhaps it might not be able to do that and it'd need an analog input and and amplifier instead.

you do realize VGA was still the only real standard when CRTs stopped being manufactured, right?

some CRTs had DVI inputs

welcome to Jow Forums

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SW9JI9A/ref=psdcmw_14570285011_t1_B07BKYBKGP

they mostly were dvi-i inputs with a few exceptions

yes get an appropriate gpu, maxwell or earlier

Better advise on this topic can be found in CRT general on

I got it for free and it was better than my current monitor, why wouldn’t I be using it?
Mine only carries an analog signal over its single VGA output. Besides, I’m pretty sure VGA only carries an analog signal.

Noted, thanks.
Didn’t know about that, thank you for letting me know.

>I got it for free and it was better than my current monitor, why wouldn’t I be using it?
nah nah, I own a CRT too and love it, much better than most LCDs.
Problem is that if your GPU doesn't have a native VGA port you're probably a gamer kid or suffer from upgraditis.

gpu compatibility will become a legitimate problem in just a few years. for now a 980 ti can play any game at high settings, but soon something 1080-class will become the low bar when the ps5 comes out. at some point there will be no modern gpus with vga anymore, so those who want to use older equipment with new software will have to use some kind of low latency gpu passthrough with old, or eventually, botique ramdac-enabled gpus.

Displayport is designed to be convertible to VGA.

Correct, I played pc games a lot when I first bought my gaming gpu, but then I got tired of it. I still want a dedicated gpu for photoshop and premiere, though.

Also, yeah, I noticed that AMD and Nvidia killed analog support a few years ago. I tried to find some gpu passthrough software earlier, but no dice. It’s such a shame, I think it’s being killed due to analog not supporting DRM bullshit. Shit ruins everything.

Huh. Isn’t DisplayPort digital only, though? How’s performance?

I don't know if it is on older versions of windows, but there is something on win10 which allows you to render on one gpu and display on another. i think it is only enabled for laptops unless you do some config fuckery but the latency and performance is apparently decent. nvidia's 'render opgenl on gpu' option is not so good, at least not on win7, since it only works on gl, is noticeably laggy, performance drops 50% and so on

yes, you need an asic to do the conversion. i have one of the dongles, and it has good image quality but noticeable latency. i would guess like 1/8th of a second.

they mostly reside on /vr/

>i would guess like 1/8th of a second.
That's atrocious.

Yeah it is, thats like having 125 ping always, on top of your actual ping.

God nu-Jow Forums is fucking retarded

Are CRT users literally deaf?
Whenever I'm close to tube TV I either turn it off or evacuate because that 15,625 Hz freq noise is ripping through my brain.
Hell, sometimes when I'm watching old rips (on led display) it has that shit as well and I can't proceed to watch it.

Attached: 1496699605687.jpg (460x276, 28K)

i can hear it but don't mind. also when you use pc monitors, you can use higher refresh rates. i can't hear it at 120 hz.

I usually have a fan on or headphones.

Good post, I hope you continue to expend energy towards things you don’t like and become even more pathetic and bitter in the future

>Hell, sometimes when I'm watching old rips (on led display) it has that shit as well and I can't proceed to watch it.

You sound Schizophrenic.

CRT's are unironically superior technology.

>Hell, sometimes when I'm watching old rips (on led display) it has that shit as well and I can't proceed to watch it.
How in the fuck would a rip have crt whine in it?

last dvi-i capable cards are nvidia 900 series

Attached: 1snapshot_00.36.png (1920x1080, 2.87M)

>Whenever I'm close to tube TV I either turn it off or evacuate because that 15,625 Hz freq noise is ripping through my brain.
If that's the case then you can just use a simple low pass filter DSP on it to filter the high frequency.