IBM

Has this POS company actually contributed anything of value to society? Why are they bringing Red Hat, and thus all of Linux and Open Source, down with them?

Attached: ibm.png (580x307, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust
researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/files/us-bennetc/BB84highest.pdf
spectrum.ieee.org/biomedical/diagnostics/how-ibm-watson-overpromised-and-underdelivered-on-ai-health-care
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Quantum computing
>Watson
Is that not enough for you?

Better IBM buys redhat than any of the silicon valley tech companies

IBM did not invent quantum computing.
Watson is shit. I have yet to see any useful applications of it other than fucking jeopardy.

They basically invented commercial computers in the 19th century.

>any useful applications of it
>it

WATSON IS REAL AND ALIVE DIPSHIT
WATSON HAS A CONSCIOUS

IBM invented the ATM, the magnetic strip, the hard drive, and a countless number of different technologies you’ve probably benefited from your life. Fuck off you stupid zoomer.

This. Imagine not knowing a basic fact of computer history and being someone who frequents Jow Forums

>Watson is shit
Name a better AI

ibm is the cool dude at work that carries the entire team and doesnt even care about if its recognized and in fact probably doesnt even realize it
even the layout of your keyboard is an innovation by ibm
Everything involving computers has been heavily influenced and innovated by ibm and ibm doesnt even care
Bios is also a relic of ibm
ibm also helped out with the holocaust
ibm is a based company

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust

>IBM helped with the Holocaust
Sauce?

POWER9 is a pretty neat architecture, 8 way multithreading per core is nice.

They created a computer that was stupidly easy to clone and used their power to make this the defacto computer for all work related applications, thus opening the door to microsoft to cuck em and create the first intercompatible computer standard.

It's real

Attached: 1462051149076.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Attached: shimapan.png (720x320, 48K)

>IBM was based all along

Attached: 8149841.jpg (900x677, 55K)

ok, but has it done anything of note in the 21st century?

IBM punchcard systems were used to categorize degenerates
see

They designed the mechanical computers that indexed and tracked jewish prisoners in nazi Germany so that they could be efficiently exterminated.

They invented all of Jow Forums's favorite fashion accessories and inspired them to read Wikipedia some more to better misinform themselves of all the trivia they are regurgitating to you in this thread.

IBM's entire business plan is to win lucrative contracts from government agencies, pay a bunch of college grads 3x more than the government workers to do less work, and stretch the contract and move the goal posts indefinitely so everyone gets a sip of those sweet sweet tax dollars. Then when they don't provide a finished product, they point at an expertly crafted contract forcing the agency to extend it further.

Everyone wins but the taxpayer.

>"contributed anything"
>"t-t-they didn't invent it!"
faggot

Henry Ford did not invent the fucking car but can you honestly say that he didn't contribute anything of value to society

>dshfrhuurrr dudrrr
>bigg companyy
>sfsdurfr huhh
>bad

>commercial computers
>19th century
>19th

You're just going to deny arguments with your "but that was long ago" bullshit. So please just tell us what companies you think are the good ones.

Watson is shit? You obviously don't work with or have anything to do with machine learning or AI.

atm's
dram memory
floppy disks
actual hard drives
ars system for booking seats
the very sense of a VM
watson
the crypto anchor
the very being of a PC
lasik surgery

and many others that i cant remember

I almost got a job with them. Did I dodge a bullet?

>ITT: ignorant OP getting BTFO

You don't see useful applications because you are just a lowly consumer. IBM positions Watson for enterprise, instead of making doodads to spy on you, they sell Watson to companies like auto makers to add AI and an assistant to your car. IBM values enabling businesses to get things done, Google just wanted to sell your data

Based blue company

Isn't IBM just a professional tax payer swindler these days by "winning" lucrative and obnoxiously overfunded contracts to do pretty much nothing

You're thinking of Elon musk

Attached: ibm.png (2400x900, 29K)

based ibm counting those jews for adolf one punch card at a time

They basically invented magnetic disks, the PC architecture you're actually using, Power architecture along with motorola. Also they're the one supplying the mainframes that are the core of many businesses' IT infrastructure.
>Why are they bringing Red Hat, and thus all of Linux and Open Source, down with them?
Bringing linux down? Good riddance! Linux is a cancer to the Unix world. AT&T and BSD are the one that contributed the most.
Also redhat is now pajeet central.
Tabulating machines aren't really computers, back then it was the guy operating mechanical calculators that was called a computer.

>AT&T and BSD are the one that contributed the most.
He says as he's benefitting from Red Hat's work, post your setup and I'll point out which of them are Red Hat's contribution

Watson

I work at IBM. AMA

Attached: pajeet.jpg (456x580, 45K)

>ATM, the magnetic strip, the hard drive,
I just realized couldn't you hack together a system to read magnetic tape with a pos card machine rather than spending $5000 on a tape machine?
Might help out archiveteam

Thinkpads were good machines, albeit lock down to all hell and back when IBM made them.

My first computer was an ibm ps/2. So I will always have a bit of nostalgia for them in that regard.

I broke off one wire from T42 charging port.
are they just 2x minus and 2x plus?

>IBM did not invent quantum computing
researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/files/us-bennetc/BB84highest.pdf
I challenge you to find an article written on quantum algorithms earlier than 1984.
Oh wait.
You can't.

based

I said "of note." Its cool that it can play jeopardy but all of the claims made about this fucking thing have been hot air.

spectrum.ieee.org/biomedical/diagnostics/how-ibm-watson-overpromised-and-underdelivered-on-ai-health-care

holy fucking based

It's notable enough to have its own wikipedia article