Is this the most based man on earth?

youtube.com/watch?v=vkUwT9U1GzA
>programs in DOS
>writes this in under an hour

Attached: 1527714636804.png (1280x720, 931K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bisqwit.iki.fi/jutut/kuvat/programming_examples/opengl-example-FAQ.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=Poms9dZ8wBM&feature=youtu.be
europathelastbattle.wordpress.com/watch/
youtube.com/watch?v=wrwwa68JXNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do I acquire this kind of power?

Could never work on period hardware.

he has more than25 years of experience

Woah, whatever this is I'm I'm impressed.

Attached: 1556837438751.jpg (410x410, 21K)

>type up code in macro program
>hit play macro and record it with a program to impress retards
kys

i like bisqwit. he is very talented and is he does things ive never seen. he is the reason why im learning opengl actually.

Being a weeaboo and calling someone else based
is just retarded and hypocritical.

Cool but it doesn't look like the code is being written from scratch, probably typed up from a previously tested version. Nobody writes code line-by-line, they go up and down and side to side, and usually don't write comments as they're going along.

>bisqwit.iki.fi/jutut/kuvat/programming_examples/opengl-example-FAQ.txt

>Q) Is the video sped up? Or, is that your real typing speed? A) No, it's not sped up. But the input is pre-choreographed. The computer implements the choreography, as well as designs a part of it. It is a TAS, except I'm not speedrunning; I'm just aiming for 15 minutes and to utilize it in the most entertaining manner. My typing speed is not the focus of that video; it is not even being presented. The focus is in the source code. This is not an impromptu coding session. I designed and tested this program very carefully for days before I began recording the video, in order to avoid consuming video-time in debugging and in other uninteresting activities. Within the video, I just retrace the steps of creating the program in a natural and a structural manner, with mistakes mostly removed. The order of source code entry is optimized for presentation; for human-to-human communication of an algorithm

tl;dr he didn't speed up the video, but he did plan the code beforehand.

OOPS

>#include
That's a full software OpenGL stack, the same one as on modern Linux, just rendering to memory buffers so it can be frame blitted to VGA. You also have the nice tools DOS gives you (via DPMI for using it in a 32 bit binary) for keyboard and screen I/O and mode setting. This is why the 90s were basically the golden age of PCs - you could boot into DOS, have essentially the fastest 80s home micros ever made (by two orders of magnitude on a P3 Tualatin) with a full GCC toolchain (DJGPP), OpenGL, network drivers, etc. for gaming with total control of hardware. Then you just run LOADLIN.EXE and you can boot straight from DOS into a Linux kernel for unixy workloads, so you didn't need a separate "unix machine" to dial into. Desktop and laptop x86 PCs today lost that old DOS machine simplicity in their pursuit of power, ease of use, etc., and so they're losing ground to mobileshit, consoles, embedded, and server hardware.

Totally could. This is basically how Quake 3D works with software graphics mode.

bisqwit is like the yngwie malmsteen of coding.

nobody can deny he's highly skilled, but it just seems like he's sucking himself off and creating amazing things with no soul.

Attached: 19-05-02_18.16.51 Humble.png (461x422, 289K)

Jewish Finns are the next step of human evolution. Pray he gene edits you.

cope \G\
you can't do it with python in 1(one) year.
bunch of ngmi

youtube.com/watch?v=Poms9dZ8wBM&feature=youtu.be

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 6K)

I once did a DOS 3D rasterizer, but took me like 3 days and was not as good looking.
But it didn't used any sort of 3D api and is fast enough to run with a pentium class CPU.

Attached: dosfunf.jpg (1040x678, 104K)

This guy basically imported the entire Linux OpenGL stack, he's not writing that from scratch.

where's the javascript tho

I know.
But the raytrace bit is quite impressive.

>Bisqwit
His videos are top comfy

Attached: 963516f71d3f66289e348904e2750229b385f9ee3a9be71dc1cd518c8292993e.jpg (620x792, 180K)

this, he said the videos aren't made in real time, he use some kind of script to save all the inputs and then play them at a fast speed.

then who's the polyphia of coding

Attached: Polyphia-Header-Money02_1.jpg (1920x800, 643K)

This Bisqwit character is Jewish, giving him a popularity boost among some fans, in addition to being talented. That's why Jow Forums discusses him isn't it... :/

>small coding team
>all very talented
>gay vibe
>creates awful but impressive software
Denuvo?

No, the ubuntu team

>a jew
>based
thanks for the laugh user.

OK yeah that's pretty neat.

Afaik hes christian.

fuck off retard

Doesn't this guy not even program professionally? I wouldn't blame him honestly. It would be like an MLB player being invited to play for the retiree beer league.

>Nobody writes code line-by-line
yeah I usually write half the line then I write new lines, then I finish the other half after

except it doesn't, quake has its own cpu renderer and doesn't at all use anything even close to resembling opengl when rendering on cpu alone

>This Bisqwit character is Jewish
>Afaik hes christian.
who gives a fuck? on fucking Jow Forums of all things

who's the Tony Iommi of coding?

Attached: 7b013f782b85b7ea594ce48b71c38fdb--guitar-riffs-tony-iommi.jpg (530x668, 90K)

Yea, he's a busdriver

he looks like hes 25 at most

recompile your genome against finnish libs

He was a busdriver. He is working as a programmer again, now.

me, i am

Attached: 1555949075823.jpg (1080x1080, 73K)

vigilance and awareness is necessary

Christianity is a Jewish religion.
He is a much better and more coherent Christian than 99% of self-proclaimed "Christians".

It's a man, isn't it?
Fucking Internet, burn in hell.

>software graphics mode
it's OpenGL

I believe he's in his 40s by now, that video is from 2011 so 8 years ago he'd be in his early 30s.

Who's the ZUN of programming?

Attached: __morichika_rinnosuke_alice_margatroid_kirisame_marisa_hakurei_reimu_konpaku_youmu_and_etc_touhou_dr (1280x960, 531K)

pol is leaking out again

>being on the carbon copy of Jow Forums and not realizing it
Retard

Attached: 1544908429812.jpg (818x693, 91K)

literally zun

Jow Forums is slightly less retardedly allergic to capitalism.

Fuck off back to Pol, stupid faggot, who gives a fuck

europathelastbattle.wordpress.com/watch/

He has like 30 years of programming experience.

some of his shorter videos on C++ are really good
youtube.com/watch?v=wrwwa68JXNk

>runs on modern hardware
yawn