Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: love.png (2209x1415, 1.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is it a bad idea to use CPU_OPT fan header for a case fan??

Need to convert a Saturn game mdf/mds to bin/cue in order for it to work on the emulator, what software (on Windows 7) do I use?

Recently tried out BitLocker and supposedly it used my laptop's TPM instead of asking me for a password.

But what exactly does it use to know it's me before decrypting then? My User Account login? If I made another account, is the whole drive unencrypted for them too?

How would i take a vertically shot phone video and crop the sides off after transposing it?
I've attempted to use ffmpeg but im just not getting it.
I'd like to rotate it landscape and then cut the excess off as to keep it a landscape video.
It is not pure black sections it has some text on it, so i havent been able to get autocrop to work due to this

How do I become a great programmer without typing a single line of code?

write programs for the KDE project
because then you're not writing code. You're writing kode.

In the last thread I asked a couple questions about going laptop only and getting rid of muh gayman rig to recondition myself to spend less time mindlessly playing games and more time reading/doing other things I enjoy, I guess the main question I should have asked is do people think its a good idea? has anyone in this thread done it?

Whats the difference between SDL2 and OpenGL? Are they orthogonal or complimentary? I know they deal with graphics in a cross platform way and opengl is implemented at the driver level, but not much else.

I have an external drive with lots of shows, movies, anime. I usually have it plugged into my old shitty laptop and it works great. However I wanted to use it at on my powerful desktop and it's so freaking slow. I'll open a folder of a 20 episode show, and it looks like file explorer is trying to load something else at the top bar. I guess it's attempting to generate video thumbnails? My laptop doesn't do that and I never set it not to. What am I missing here?

Attached: Untitled.png (1485x1089, 114K)

Is there a VPS that offers a couple terabytes storage space for off-site backup and network speeds for openvpn?

it just validates/unlocks using the tpm, so if the drive is removed (seperated from the tpm) it cant be read
use efs if you want user based encryption

Is there a reason that is a thing though then? If I lost the hard drive...most likely I lost my laptop/desktop it was in and it's just...all unencrypted?

Machine started to crash suddenly and I can't read the dump files since I can't install the Win 7 SDK with the debug tools, any suggestions anons?

Is there a FOSS android app that lets you use your devices camera as a usb webcam? Ive used ones from the playstore before but they're awful

Attached: 1440397962880.gif (480x480, 161K)

No, it will synch the same desu

Mdf2ido

You can just manually crop it? Use davinci

Self control is what you need. Selling your shit wont help

What anime is that girl from?

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei

Is it safe to leave a laptop bottom cover only partially screwed in? Like if I want quicker access instead of unscrewing 10 screws for 5 minutes, what am I really risking by keeping only one or two screws in? I know it's kind of an obvious thing but I don't know much about laptop engineering so I'm not sure if there's something like a heat issue to watch out for. Dell XPS 9560 if it matters

My wife constantly leaves her coffee cup here when she uses the computer. Is this okay or should I tell her off?

Attached: IMG_20190502_2001593.jpg (2704x4056, 638K)

>You can just manually crop it? Use davinci
It isnt just one video, but all the videos have shot the same and have the same dimensions and same excess parts when rotated
I've got the for loop waiting i just need a proper ffmpeg command

Thank you

tpm is more to do with making sure the hardware hasnt been tampered than other full disk encryption solutions
you can however have bitlocker also ask for a pin at boot (google that)

Just slap her in the mouth, problem solved

Get a divorce

I mean you can do a batch conversion in davinci as well. Famous g has always worked like shit for me

My SD card has become write protected I think, two folders have a lock icon when I connect it to my PC and can't format it either using Windows format tool. What do?

davinci is way off on the other end of the universe for what i need.

Has the read only clip moved?

No, it's not locked. I just tried with diskpart but says There is not enough usable space for this operation. What do I do?

>browsing on firefox
>blink
>all extensions are gone
>check add-ons menu
>they've all become unverified
what happened lads?

Attached: yiffing.png (745x509, 81K)

ah and now, after two hours, they have all come back. that was weird.

Watching a livestream

Artifacting like this isnt caused on my end right? Rather the bitrate is too low for person streaming it right?

Attached: file.png (1276x614, 1.63M)

Latter

Since when are ugly ass sideways cpu coolers the norm?
Every good cooler is tall as balls and the fan is facing a direction so all you see is the heat sink, instead of facing the window for maximum aesthetics.

Why is this?
Should i ask in /pcbg/?

alligator ;-)

I've seen the characters in a show wire a bunch of PS3s as an improvised large processor, and I had heard of similar things before in real life, so my question is what does one need to know to do such a thing? More specifically, is profound knowledge of electronics needed or is knowing your way around computer hardware, networks etc enough?

I have a 32GB eMMC laptop, can i grab a 32GB USB or SD to make a 64GB windows partition?

Since efficiency is more important than looks, if you want looks get a watercooler but it will be way more expensive and perform worse.

Why is chrome so dark now all of a sudden?
How do you change it back?

Attached: 1453208163478.png (233x245, 60K)

My external hard drive decided to shit itself (like a week after I had thought about moving my documents folder off of it but didn't). Weirdly, when connecting it via usb, it lights up, spins, shows up in windows (but as "unallocated", and can't run any SMART tests), but when connecting it via SATA it doesn't spin at all and doesn't show up in BIOS or windows. Thankfully the drive is still under warranty, but I do hope to get my shit off of it first. Is it salvageable enough that I could recover shit at home or do I just need to bite the bullet and use a data recovery service?

So let me get this right, with Sysrep i can create my own windows ISO? group policy, registry edits and programs installed will save for when i want to reinstall in a different computer?

Are there any good drag and drop converters for webm from gifs?

I am doing a bit of cleanup, and I am running into an issue where some gifs are 30+mb and could very easily convert down to 2-5mb of webm, but as far as i'm aware, there are no simple drag and drop converters.

any help here is appreciated.

Are there big search engines that disregard the robots.txt?

Dust

Webm for retards?
>Mass/folder converting
ffmpeg script.

Formatting a SD Card. Should I use exFAT or NTFS format?

It seems Twitter's API only accepts a generic report. Is that correct? Or is it a specific category?

Attached: D5h3KDgWsAI5fbe orig.jpg (1443x801, 103K)

care to help at all?
I get this suggest all the time, my understanding is without a ui its all command line, which while its not hard if you know the shit like the back of your hand, for me anything new goes completely over my head.

if possible, I want to be able to drag and drop specific ones onto the the script location and output to a specific folder, as the way things are managed I could not do full folder conversions.

if possible, can one be set up to give the highest quality possible one for about 75% and one for 50%

NTFS for the sake of compatibility.

They're both shit.

Move them into two directories, then batch encode them with different settings.

Ok, going into a bit more detail, i'm using hydrus to manage the files, just moving the files before conversion isn't happening. because of the advanced delete just got put in, I want to have tag the gifs with being deleted and 'converted to webm' so they never blight my hdd again with being retardedly large for no reason.

one of the gifs, is 112mb big for an 8 second loop.

I have 0 understanding how to make a ffmpeg script so that also won't happen without help.

say my laptop has a 2400 mhz of ddr4 ram, what will happen if i add a 2666 or 1333 mhz stick in it? will it run on 'average' clock speed? run on the faster speed and have the slower one as 'backup'?

Fastest common speed

how important are the timings to get the most optimized speed for it? or would i be better off just getting a stick that runs at identical clock speed and timings as the one i already have?

Identical sticks are nice, but if it's too expensive then just having more ram is fine.

Am I supposed to install Windows 10 LTSC N or not N?

Hi everybody. I want to build a component in react that displays a person's improvement over time. The problem is I don't know how to implement its back end and store user information in the database. Here's what I mean: In the web app, you the user can take a test and I record their score and the date. I want to show a graph using recharts, which will ultimately take in a score and a date.

How do I send the user their dates in a efficient manner? What if the user has taken 10,000 tests over their lifetime... Am I supposed to return 10,000 points for their browser to render? Is there a better way of handling this?

It could go either way. If it's this particular stream, and no other stream, it's almost certainly their end.

Tower coolers have more surface area to disperse heat from the proc, are oriented to pull cool air from the front of the case, and expel it toward the rear, so that your precious silicon doesn't burn up.

Rasbian or Ubuntu mate for my new pi and why?

Raspbian
pro:
>99% debian aka not gay
>official support
>most popular
con:
>99% debian (systemd, old software)

Is there a tool that can automatically capture and save screenshots with one button press from an active window? Greenshot works well but I don't want it to capture the borders of the window, just whatever's inside. Gonna be taking fucking hundreds of screenshots so manually editing them will be a pain, unless someone has a photoshop script to automatically crop hundreds of screenshots of identical size at once.

Attached: 2019-05-03 15_30_09-Untitled - Notepad.jpg (506x554, 59K)

Reminder the vols delete your posts if you talk shit about the pedo autist

Does CentOS officially support dual booting? If not, does Fedora? If Fedora does, it is just as fine to study for a Red Hat certification?

Does a Red Hat certification lead to any job when coupled with only a 2-year degree? Is it a dead-end sort of development gig, or can you use those skills to set out and produce something of your own?

If I wanted to make a highly interactive site with a functioning virtual economy and other such features, would Red Hat be useful at all, or would that be entirely fullstack development?

Feel free to answer as many or few of those as you feel like.

What's the best way to inspect executables in windows 10?

I need nothing fancy, just something which works. Preferably an application. I know ghidra would work but that just feels so overkill since I dont need to reverse engineer anything, just inspect the bytes for this project I'm working on.

Trying to setup pcsx2 but daemon tools wont allow me to mount anything. I'm getting the error 'windows cannot access this disk'

Never had this problem with pc games before, and I know the source of my roms are reliable. Apparently others have this same problem and they only eliminated the problem by an OS reinstall. I'm not prepared to do that. Anyone have any ideas? is there no free alternative to daemon lite?

Just tried mounting with wincdemu and that says my files are corrupted when they clearly aren't. Pls help bros.

i installed win10 on a somewhat old asus laptop (8 years maybe?) and now have driver problems with the audio controller.

windows keeps installing some generic driver that it thinks is "the best" but it doesnt work at all (The device cannot start. (Code 10)). i still have the win7 driver at hand, but as soon as i deinstall the ""best"" driver, it gets reinstalled instantly. i am not able to force windows to use the other driver. what do?

What Twitter client do you guys use on Android? I'm sick and tired of the default Twitter app just defaulting to my retweets after a while when I have it set to show newest timeline order.

So far I've tried twitlatte and like it so far. Bonus is that it actually has a decent tweet timeline and hides my retweets.

Any other Twitter apps you prefer?

did you try to access your files with e.g. a linux distribution?

i think once the thumbnails are created, they are saved in a cache to load them faster next time. maybe your desktop pc deletes the cache every now and then (on restart?). it then has to generate them again everytime. maybe your laptop just saves and recalls them, which is faster.

i've installed the lamp stack for trying to do a server for the first time but haven't gotten very far after that because i just have no idea what i want to try.

yes, i've read the wiki, but am not very interested in just streaming some media and such

Do you have any ideas for good webapps i could try out?

How can I hide all window panel/frames on every program? I only know how to do this on vlc but I'd like it to be the default. I'm on Windows 10.

Okay so I want to repair my windows but I'm stuck here

Attached: 20190503_044226.jpg (1144x616, 318K)

I click load drivers and this pops up

Attached: 20190503_044246.jpg (1057x656, 375K)

And I'm taken here but I do t know where to go from here

Attached: 20190503_044256.jpg (1420x828, 528K)

so i'm in college campus right now, and i cant ssh into my home server, those fuckers are probly blocking the ports.
now i cant rly change the server port to 443/80 since i'm not as home.
question:
is there any bridge/proxy that's free that i can use to jump thro it and connect to my home server?

Attached: 986r.jpg (192x263, 8K)

The only one with anything in it is My Computer... and.....

Attached: 20190503_045556.jpg (1561x964, 862K)

Only this mysterious F: drive has files in it.

But what do I do from this point? Which of these things do I choose?

Attached: 20190503_045606.jpg (1445x933, 645K)

either you manually download drivers, which it might not read, or you try another iso.

i've had trouble with something like this as well but don't quite recall the exact thing, but trying out some isos usually helps

yes it's called a VPN you dummy

the very mysterious f drive is just the bootrecord/-manager your computer reads to know what to boot up

IrfanView's screenshot function has an option to only capture the client area of a window.

Attached: client-area.png (503x419, 55K)

Actually the equally mysterious X: drive has stuff too, it just show anything initially

Do I choose one of these?

Attached: 20190503_050456.jpg (1617x935, 831K)

Can you guys redpill me on Chrome OS ? What is it exactly ? Is it based off Linux ? Can I do everything with it ? Does it support softwares such as Stata, R, Mathematica, Excel ? Can we read PDF on it ? etc

Attached: D5EKiViWsAEg5uU.jpg:large.jpg (1638x2048, 349K)

I'm new to smartphones. The only way a text message will be blocked is if you block the number, right ?

Can someone just text you out of the blue or do they have to have you as a contact first ?

I swear I've heard text notifications but I don't have one. I also keep hearing them in my sleep.

Is there there a program that would change my wallpaper at a certain hour?

Man, I'm stupid.

Rainmeter I think

think of it as the same as a phone call, they have your number they can contact you, blocking can only be done at the network level so you contact your provider and they can block nuisance numbers for you (with a good reason)

Thanks, but it won't accept single keypresses as a hotkey, I have to use Alt + a keypress. Any quick fix or do I have to use autohotkey or something?

Why cant i access HTTPS for ps3xploits.com from my PS3 Web Browser?

Error: 80710a06

I have it with auto network (ip dns etc) ive even tried putting the console in the DMZ and still nothing.

I can logon to psn and use the store, view other pages on the web browser, just the Ps3Xploit one doesnt work.

You can also block them manually. I don't know any modern phones that dont have built-in blocking capabilities

I was mostly worried that I was missing texts because I swear I've heard a notification a few times but I didn't have a message or anything new on my phone. I also keep hearing phantom texts in my sleep. Part of this triggered slight paranoia and I went a bit retarded and thought I had to have them as a contact first which I know is not how it works.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Maybe this will help you out

I went full autism and bought a pixelbook so I'll give you my thoughts

Yeah chrome OS is Linux based (although hardly the same). Because of this you'll get access to a shell when you put it in developer mode. And because I have shell access I can actually do a decent bit of development (e.g. gcc)

However, unless you maybe already have a pixel phone or don't need to do anything outside the browser and word processing, I'd recommended against chrome os. However I bought the laptop for school mainly to take notes and do homework and that's where it really shines. Nowadays you can also run Android apps (which is good but still not perfect, since a lot of those apps are made for touch screens in mind).

However even if you don't like/want chrome os, a lot of the cheaper models can unofficially run windows or Linux instead, which makes them really versitile especially for their price.

are you booting the repair tool from a usb stick or a recovery partition (so you just chose it without having made an install medium)?

x would be that normally hidden recovery partition, i'll quickly look into it

It wouldn't surprise me if I had a slight issue with it, I'm not even joking.

I actually have a weird issue with being around people and ..'pictures' appear in my head of hurting people as if someone brings them into my minds eye just for an instant. When I was a kid I dealt with intrusive thoughts and my mind wouldn't always listen to me, and the opposite would happen. If I told myself not to think of something then I'd think of it.