Why is Plex still the best media server?

Why is Plex still the best media server?

Attached: emby vs plex.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

the only negative with plex is that it requires a login, but you can easily just use a throwaway email, its not used for anything really.

plex is easier to set up, it works better, I never have plex on my local network stream less than 1080, emby just doesnt work as well, and its harder to setup, plex is brainlet tier to setup and install, and to add new files you just have to have them in the right direcotory, I have my plex server setup with a torrent client I can access remotely and just download what I want right into plex without having to worry about anything.

emby just isnt there yet, its like internet explorer vs firefox.

Or you can simply use jellyfin.
Don't be a faggot user, why you're going to pay 5 USD monthly to use an garbage media server that isn't capable of doing nvenc or vaapi transcoding, and you also need to create an account with email just to login.
>Harder to setup
you literally need to be autistic to not be capable of setting up it.

You are literally retarded.

jellyfin is the best

>no app
>not even a kodi plugin
>same shitty ui as emby
Discard.

Given that both can be started with one docker command, what makes Emby harder to set up?

emby apps work just fine

>emby app
Discard.

>the docker fruitcakes show up right on cue
I bet you think you're really knowledgeable about computers too.

Attached: 1554422533184.jpg (1016x727, 174K)

So you don't have any real arguments?

Fucking yawn.

Emby Jewed themselves out of contention. They were open sauce and had a lot of community involvement and goodwill, but then started to nickel and dime everyone for basic features and hide their source. Fuck em

top brainlet

jellyfin

There already is an android app and kodi plugin, but of course you're too autistic to search for it.
Just go to jellyfin git and you will find everything there, they even have precompiled apk to download.

I don't understand the need a dlna server when most device now can decode h.264 off an SMB shared drive. I used to set one up for the psp which is picky on the mp4 profiles it accepts.

There's no need to argue with someone who's happy to eat literal shit. I'll never use Emby/Jellyshit because their UI was designed by retards.

I rather have literal shit UI than pay $5/mo for access to my media.

Jellyfin/Emby UI is actually good, it always amaze me seeing retards who pay $5/mo just to access their own media.
Literally autism.

What happened to kodi?
Everyone used to use kodi for streaming but nowadays no one even mentions it and people just spam plex.
How is it better than kodi and does it have multiple ways to stream TV channels and movies?

Why would you use either over Kodi?

Why not both?
t. jellyfin + kodi

The only reason to use Plex/Emby/Jellyfin is for when you use a Chromecast or a Smart TV that can't transcode shit, or when you want to share your library with people across the internet. The main selling point of these programs is that the transcoding happens on the server so toasters can play all sorts of videos.

Otherwise Kodi will always be the better option.

Then you have these autists that just want to brag that they host things they have no use for.

What the hell are you talking about?
I use kodi on my media center PC. I use jellyfin on everything else.

>than pay $5/mo for access to my media.
Idiot.

>Otherwise Kodi will always be the better option.
Kodi is absolute dogshit on PC. That program is designed specifically for TVs.

>With a Plex Pass, an antenna, and a tuner, you can stop paying for cable, and still enjoy great television. Watch, pause, and record your favorite free HD broadcast channels, including local news and sports, on any device, anywhere in the world. You can even skip commercials!

Idiot

What's the deal using these programs?

Jow Forums should make a media server and name it kino.
I got the logo.

>missing the point of a program like plex
You're literally as dumb as they come.

>missing the point of a program like plex
You're literally as dumb as they come.

Ex plex user. Jellyfin works fine for me.

Has Emby become irrelevant with the advent of Jellyfin?

They became irrelevant to me when they made Live TV premiere feature.

the main selling point of dlna server is the one place plex happens to beat out all the rest. content management. you get a pretty grid of covers that's organized practically any way you like, along with synopsis, previews, etc...

y'do know plex is free right? the pay tier is only if you want to access your shit from outside your home network

half the addons for kodi are broken

I want my PVR

seriously though, what addons do you really need?
scudlee anime-lists and what else?

nope, the streaming tv addons are pretty much all broken and I don't feel like installing and uninstalling all of them to find one that works

I use it on a Shield.

this
if you wanna use kodi then use it on your endpoints and a compatible backend on your pc

I convert my files and just watch them. I can watch them from a web browser, or using mpv. How hard is this to do? Why do people use Plex? Sonarr/Radarr already organizes everything for me.

>Why do people use Plex?

Because it does it automatically and in real time, retard.

Are you retarded? There is a fucking kodi app. I use it all the time and it's literally the best. Develop is crazy and it's only going to get better. Use Jellyfin unless you're retarded

Attached: [ CONTEMPLATIVE JAZZ MUSIC ].gif (500x418, 885K)

>I don't know what docker is for
big cringe I bet you think we all run our containers as root too.

And on plex they work?
Like if I want to stream latest movies or tv series or even live channels, do they work?

it's not, the player is fucking trash
shit can't even take a screenshot

So does the conversion routine hooked into sonarr/radarr. And because I'm not doing shitty realtime conversation on the fly, I can do it at slow preset. It just seems like an extra thing for little benefit. You get a flashy interface for normies to use, but that's it, and people pay for this closed source shit?