Is there a way to create self detructing files over a period of time? Like binding a...

Is there a way to create self detructing files over a period of time? Like binding a .jpg image with a script that triggers a countdown when you open it and then deletes the file 5 days later?

Attached: 1555163691219m.jpg (1024x573, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ykZmG0Wq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's no way to make this work in the face of someone who cares about getting around it, as can be demonstrated by all the nudes you see from snapchat.

I know but let me clarify. Suppose you have an ebook store and you want to prevent refund fraud. Couldn't you just bind the script or even a lightweight byte editor and a script that corrupts the file after a while unless you insert a password before the deadline? The person will never know that his ebook is 18mb instead of 14mb unless he is really autistic but then again he wouldn't be using windows in the first place

No, moron. Go back to school

I kinda found something. What if it's an Image and I open it with a hex editor and have the script delete all 0's , making the image corrupt? I wonder if it can be done with a countdown

Yes it is called a cron job. Make it check the last update time of the file once and hour and when its < 5 days of the current date delete it. Shouldnt be hard to make

Oh you want a jpg to do it without a scrip? Impossible

only if the filename is image.jpg.exe

*blocks your path*

Attached: aid848732-v4-728px-Print-Screen-on-Windows-7-Step-1-Version-7.jpg (728x546, 42K)

Attached: PieckSmile.png (520x319, 168K)

Dumbest thread I've seen so far in 2019 OP
Congrats on this, seriously

what makes you think your DRM scheme will work when there are groups out there stripping Denuvo off AAA games before they're even released?

Only with local files. But if I send that file via mail the command is useless

People dont take that extra precaution you know. Specially if they are unaware of a self destruct sequence on their own computer

Because it's just an extra layer of security. I don't expect it to be impossible to figure it out

Why? Because it's not possible or because you consider it dumb?

Of course it's possible to write a program that self-destructs if you try to open it on a certain date.
But the problem with self-destructive programs is that they can be backupped.

Any source or keywords so I can research how? I thought about javascript or php injecting but that's nasty and maybe there is a cleaner way to do it

no because you'd need something to run that ''''script'''' or you'll need people to view your ebooks through your software that manages that
the first option is retarded and immoral while the 2nd is just retarded because you're forcing people to use your shitty software to view their ebooks

it doesn't work that way, you can't just attach a script to a file and expect it to work, how is it supposed to run?
What you're basically trying to do is letting 'customers' download ebooks and trying to get those customers to run a program that'll delete that ebook after a certain period of time? I might as well call this malware if you're trying to push it into some standard file.
Your first problem: how are you planning on running that script? There are plenty of ebook viewers you can use and all of them will just read and display the document, basically none will run your script unless you exploit them (retarded idea). Are you going to nicely ask your customers to run the additional plsrunthis.exe you provided with your ebook?
2nd problem: how are you going to keep track of that file if the customer changes the name or moves it somewhere else? It's already clear that you can't just carry that script along with the file and expect it to magically work everywhere, so even if you do get it to run on the customer's computer he can just move it elsewhere off of it.
As I said, your options are:
>make your own software which must be used for reading the ebooks you provided
This is dumb because good luck being a competition with this inconvenient service. Also can be cracked depending how much you're willing to invest into it.
>make your service online only and people can read shit only on your site
Dumb for the same reasons as previous point
and finally
>stop giving a shit and implement some sane check to see if customers are abusing the refund system and ban them if they are

what about injecting javascript into the metadata, it can be easily disabled but most people can't figure it out and they already have js installed on their systems so you wouldn't really need extra software

>A lock does no more than keep an honest man honest.
Never heard that saying mate?

again, what's supposed to run that script, my fucking sumatra viewer or a browser? Go on and try it, if that works then you've just uncovered a massive exploit, congrats.
Give up and stop thinking like a scummy nigger, you nigger. Read a book

>what about injecting javascript into the metadata
lmao this reads like something from an episode of NCIS

You need to factor for rotational velocidensity when converting from a raw bitmap to your self-destructive format.

powerful.....

Had fun writing this, thanks OP!
pastebin.com/ykZmG0Wq

How do they even do it? It's mind-boggling.

then is pointless for the people who actually want to damage your bussiness.
Fucking retard.

I won't help you make a botnet.
Use a non-reversible payment system.

Will this work if i paste it on the hex editor or in the metadata? Or is it a good meme of yours just for the lulz

Paypal protects only the buyer every time. It doesn't have a good system for digital products

Yes, it is called, "DRM." The problem is you need to convince everyone to support it, for it to work the way you want it to work.

I don't want a botnet. I want a file with self destruct, I don't want access to it

No, it's something completely unrelated to your problem.

>the absolute state of Jow Forums