Doors are technology

Doors are technology.
Are door knobs or door levers better? Explain your reasoning.

Attached: defiant-entry-door-levers-lg600b-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rnmcRTnTNC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Levers are objectively better. They allow you to open even if your hands are holding something, or even if you don't have hands at all.

Donald Norman wrote about the design challenges of doors. Very interesting subject.

You might want to read this.

Attached: file.png (334x500, 183K)

Under door tool. Door levers are better ergonomically for sure, but they are vulnerable.

Levers are considered better because they're just easier for people to use. People with poor dexterity may struggle with knobs.

Fun fact about Donald Norman, is you can spell the word 'door' with his name.

I will definitely read this one day

I think I have seen a rotating door knob in my life exactly once. Why do people use these things? They seem obviously inferior to levers.

a really complex puzzle so brainlets can't get through doors and are forced to live as primitive humans in the outdoors as nature intended.
The majority of people don't have the IQ to live inside so let them be free in nature and actually enjoy life.

Knobs because my dog knows how to open a lever and so do the bears in my area

Vulnerable? To what?

They also allow you to open doors with your elbows if you have OCD.

t. OCD haver

If you care about security, you lock them. If you're concerned about under door attacks, there are countermeasures. See: youtube.com/watch?v=rnmcRTnTNC8

He's saying someone with something like a coat hanger that they bent into shape could reach under the door and pull the handle down to open the door.

Some levers will unlock automatically if you pull them from the side with the thumb turn, so you can open locked doors by sticking a tool under them and manipulating the handle or just turning the thumb turn. Knobs are round so you can't grip them easily.

Knobs. I don't want people with arthritis breaking into my house.

Based, everyone should take the arthritis pill.

Knobs are better for lawyers, since they'll make a killing out of suing you for disability access shit.

don't mind me, just Jow Forumsing this thread up

Attached: DUEVeyj.jpg (955x1400, 232K)

Just don't use this insecure kind of lever if you care about security.

You can also use countermeasures such as security door bottoms, or a simple plastic shroud. None of those solutions compromise the usability of lever handles.

Attached: file.png (592x443, 207K)

Levers are better unless you live in an area with bears.

Not sure if you'd call it OCD but I used to clean my shit for 2-3 hours if someone even touched my things and and wash my hands every 10-20 minutes.
Glad I'm not that kinda cunt anymore, made me miserable.

>shrouding the handle
>not just shrouding the letterbox

If you're not a caveman, you'd go for the magnetic sliding doors with magnetic fail secure lock.

Attached: sketch-1556902350633.png (1440x2111, 2.23M)

Depends on individual use case. I preferred levers for ease of use until I got pets which have figured out how to use them.

Attached: 1554946294607.jpg (533x619, 89K)

I think this attests to how superior lever handles are, since even animals can use them.