Linux is great because of its security and customization features

>Linux is great because of its security and customization features
>Windows is great because "jsut werks" and gaymes
>mfw about to give in to the loonix bandwagon and join the turbonerds side of the force

Attached: giphy.gif (500x281, 585K)

Games is literally the only legitimate reason left to still use windows.

But if you're over 25 you should really get over that gaming addiction anyway.

Games are nothing else than "movies that you can interact with" -- and there's nothing immature in that.

Tfw finally kicked my gaming addiction at 25. It was harder then quitting smoking.

Even if you are a "casual" gaymer proton + windows VM is best way

Movies aren't psychologically addictive like games are.

nice

Attached: received_10210690416117415.jpg (480x480, 18K)

>Games are nothing else than "movies that you can interact with"
That's fucking retarded. Unless you're a game journalist playing on walking simulator mode. Or maybe you're one of those people who thinks watching streamers play is the same as having played it yourself?

Also, it's more addictive than movies. There is nothing wrong with the occasional game, just like there is nothing wrong with the occasional beer. But if you're playing games everyday that's a clear sign of addiction. It's unhealthy in many ways.
There are more and more games that are playable on Linux, so you still can play the occasional game if you want. It's still a hassle but that is a good thing.

Botching my dual boot install forcing me to run Linux as my main was the best thing that happened to me. I was finally able to quit my vidya addiction and spend my time on more productive things.

Yeah, time to get real addictions like substance abuse and gambling

So you are telling me that if someone drinks beer, uses drugs or uses anything that may be addictive -- that person is immature?
That is something an immature person would say, friendo.

>So you are telling me that if someone drinks beer, uses drugs or uses anything that may be addictive -- that person is immature?
No.

>implies gaming is immature because its addictive
>ends up denying everything
'kay

Most druggies and lushes don't start using before puberty. It's also not the same kind of addiction, hard drugs and alcohol have physical complications while games can fuck up your personal development if played excessively.

>just like there is nothing wrong with the occasional beer
>, so you still can play the occasional game if you want

But nice strawman though. Perhaps you're insecure because you're addicted and deep down inside you know it?
It's just a conjecture though.

Most adults don't watch movies every week let alone every day

Yeah because Microsoft Office, Adobe shit, or really any relevant enterprise software doesn't exist right?

...and projecting won't make you more mature, either.

What's up with that immaturity thing you keep talking about? You just keep bringing it up, it's no wonder I start assuming you have some massive insecurities about it.

was my first post itt, just pointing out that your comparison is inherently flawed user. No stake in this maturity debate, it's gay

>ahahah i was only pretending

Attached: 1348764844816.png (244x226, 2K)

Sadly it looks like you're not playing pretend.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-03_19-47-53.png (57x119, 2K)

>windows just werks
gave me a chuckle

>Microsoft office is the best reason wintoddlers can come up with to use their malware in 2019

Attached: 41c.png (449x1197, 55K)

Get a job, dipshit

If you're looking at an OS for security purposes, you're better off with BSD

Unless you have a GPU with SR-IOV that VM is going to need its own GPU.

>security through lack of features

>>Microsoft office is the best reason wintoddlers can come up with to use their malware in 2019
You'd be surprised how much truth there is to that. I have windows installed solely because my employer requires their documents to be made in Office formats using some obscure features that only M$ Office supports correctly. This is a fuckin' nightmare.

>loonixtard cherrypicks one example and excludes the rest of the software user posted

Attached: 1555900283923.png (233x314, 96K)

>>mfw about to give in to the loonix bandwagon and join the turbonerds side of the force
Have fun user.

>not kaiku OS

I'm actually thinking of using Arch Linux -- it's complete and safe enough as it is.

Don't, just dual boot and keep your sanity.

>Install linux
>play factorio for the rest of your life

win-win

And music creation, and video editing, etc.. Any sort of high powered creative software runs better on its native platform.
Linux has Blender though, which is nice.

Doesn't most creative software run better on macs?

MS Office 2007 (even with the ribbon) is better than all the other shit I've been so unlucky to use. Don't ever use anything newer than 2007 though or it will be high order shit. I use Adobe Photoshop every day. I've also used it on Ubuntu 19.x via VM'd Win7. It was "okay" and usable for general things, but it couldn't be used for the type of tif and focus stacking work I do, due specifically to the VM. I have to use a dedicated scratch disk for Ps and give it all the RAM in the world to get some projects done.

Good for you. Now just remove all debt or stay out of it.

Just run a Windows HVM in QEMU.

I'm pretty sure that's a meme. People using Macs for creative work is due to a tradition that dates back 25 years. E.g. Photoshop was originally developed for a Mac and people who were designers back then got comfortable using that platform. Now some of those people are running design companies and exclusively hiring Mac users.

>I can't have video game escapism anymore
>so I'm going to turn to drugs and gambling

Oh alright, I figured that Macs would at least have that going for them. Truly a useless and overpriced platform.

it's a crapshoot on wifi working out of box. just a heads up

Don’t expect loonix fags to have any investment in a medium they were barred from up until recently. It’s just cope at this point.

If your employer forces you to use paid proprietary garbage for tech illiterates and children on your home computer, you should get a new job wagecuck.

>not using useful work programs at home to maintain proficiency so you don't get outsourced

>Install Linux years ago because of win10
>Stop playing games because linux
>More free time and money because don't need powerful PC to shitpost
Bless you stallman

You can always keep a console for gaming.

ah, but what do you do with that free time? is it as satisfying as playing games was?

jack off to lolicon

based

linux has ardour for music

that shouldn't be your face. come to the gnu side ,user. once you go yacc you never go back.

Hardware overpriced yes.
But if all your gadgets are apple, all those integrations work out of the box, it's unbelievable.
And they are all well made. Other brands might have one type of product better made, but not for every kind of thing apple sells.
But you should only buy apple if you are really rich to keep upgrading or you are pretty dumb to spend so much in gloryfied toys.

now try kicking your habit of using "then" incorrectly

>mfw I discovered the existence of oldversion.com
eff that, im going in

Using products that will lead to avoidance of duties is pretty irresponsible
Even worse if those products provide quick gratification and can generate dependency

>sample size n=1
Thanks for your statistically significant conclusion about a post made under slee deprivation.

linux is not to be used outside of virtual machines and servers/embedded

>GOT image
yikesies

>giving a fuck about your employer
I learn on their time, not mine.

Hey man, you seem like you are sure of linux. I have spent the last few weeks trying to get into linux. I installed void linux using i3 as desktop environment and trying to figure things out as I go but it is all really arduous and tiresome. It should be easier. Will my life get better if I just use a proper DE instead of i3? I liked the idea of i3, that's all, but getting everything neatly integrated is a nightmare it seems. I can't even post images here by pasting an internet link into the upload field, I have to drag and drop or download the image. Stuff like this and many similar problems are what plague me. (and the fact I am using a 1GB RAM netbook for this shit).