Is Jow Forums still using ipod touch? what do you use it for?

Being a poor bastard I have a 5g 16gb. Use it everyday mainly for podcasts, random pictures, light web surfing and reading. wondering if others still use those [old[ devices on a daily basis.

Attached: o0768102414289011497.jpg (768x1024, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kenrockwell.com/apple/ipod-touch-5g/audio-quality.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not an iPod but I'm still using my iPhone 3G S as my only phone. It copes better than you might think. The iPod Touch equivalent is the 3rd gen. but only the 32GB model, IIRC.

awesome. I had an iphone 4 on ios 6, same as 3gs and with telegram bots I had push gmail, music and whatever I wanted. 3gs is a beautiful device.

I had an iPod Touch 3g and an iPod Touch 5g (I still have it, but its completely broken). Great devices for their price and the closest thing to a "cheap iPhone" Apple was offering at that time.
A shame smartphones ate the mp3/iPod market.

i have one of the first releases of the 32gb ipod touch. it's awesome. jailbroken too. I customized the hell out of it and use it often. the headphone port is a little thrashed and needs a repair but still works wonderfully.

Attached: 1552092781349.png (1114x1214, 828K)

I had an ipod touch 4th Gen and I only stopped using it last year when I finally stopped being a neet and got a good job. It could barely hold a charge and now it sits in my box of old electronics.

Attached: 1554354766999.gif (1200x1200, 2.7M)

close the door

Attached: 1550904427588.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

Is it still working well? My ipad 2 is really slow and unreliable to use, can't even install anything anymore. Such a shame, those devices were great back in the day

But I have an essential ph1 now.
t. Pajeet

That's not how Satania works. You're only making her look bad.

Attached: 1544112434997.png (859x1098, 345K)

depending on the version of ipad 2 you have, I think that you can downgrade to ios 8 so you can get a little perforance boost.

newfag detected

its funny how newfags cant make up their mind on what platforms you lads use.
>apple
xDDDD typical pajeet
>windows
xDDDD typical pajeet
>android
xDDDD typical pajeet

Attached: HOjbEaOZ.jpg (227x222, 8K)

Im very sentimental and just incase of doomsday / emp event i still have my
- ipod 5g
- ipod touch 1g
- iphone 1g
- iphone 4 on 6
- iphone 4s JB on 8 ( camping / mtb phone)
- iphone 5 (parts phone)
- iphone 5 on 10.33 (main burner phone)
- iphone 6 JB on 9.2.1 ( main phone ) (gonnna update and break JB soon)
- iphone 7 plus (GF phone)

i use the ipod touch occasionally as a music timecapsule. They playlists are precious to me. Sadly just the audio output circuitry sounds like shit and i just prefer my modern chink DAP

iphone 3 3gs were just utter dogshit and the 4s was the pinacle of design and utility. I still use it with my BT buds 10 years later. Its so based.

Attached: IMG_4639.jpg (3264x2448, 794K)

awesome collection

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: 1537156786810.png (400x1650, 367K)

if its a burner phone, that iphone 5 needs a downgrade to Ios 8. maybe less app support, but better performance.

>the NEET says whilst gripping his pajeet android and thinkpad

exactly

sameifag and cringe

stupid newfag nigger

Attached: d17ea02f8892c83846407f1d2fc14efe.png (521x355, 15K)

>implying the Ipod Touch 4g isn't objectively the best portable music player available
Common sense tells you to ditch Itunes and music app cancer for some Cydia file manager or FLAC-supporting Foobar2000. Toggle volume buttons if needed.

Otherwise, enjoy your 6" brick of chinese botnet.

I use mine almost daily since its original release. Oought to change the battery, though with minimal display usage it still runs for a day or two.

Attached: perfection.jpg (540x507, 117K)

>iShit
Nice botnet iToddler.

Yeah I'm not even a pajeet but it's not worth the time to argue with a retard on Jow Forums.

>Ipod Touch 4th generation
>Best portable DAP available
Really, really wrong. Even buying used (instead of NOS) you can get better sound quality for the money.

>mandroid
Nice botnet pajeet

nope not happening bud i need at least IOS 10 for my VPN just so i can shitpost on eight-chan

t. accelerated australian

> Common sense
> FLAC-supporting Foobar2000.

The only use case for an old ipod touch is to cram as much music you can onto it. For that you need opus. Foobar 2k is great and supports opus but foobar doesnt run on anything under iOS 8. That means you cant do it on ipod 1g and 2g they are pretty boring DESU

I admit its drive is short of power, but sound quality is totally enjoyable for mortals. Are you some audiophile faggot that jerks off to the fact that you listen to your 96kHz/24 bit vinyl rips over a $70 DAC in the metro or what?

Attached: hires_iem.png (800x480, 42K)

interesting

Morelike I know that even a $30 DAP can offer better sound quality. You had me worried for a moment there with that chart, I thought the ipod touch was even worse than I thought, but most other shit shows it having a far more flat base response curve which makes more sense.
Still, even a $30 DAP shits all over it, at least from my subjective standpoing of swapping back and forth between them when testing.

so this thread is about ipod touches but ill diverge a little bit and talk about get modern day top tier audio performance out of old apple gear. What you want is at least iOS8 so you can run Foobar 2k with Opus Support and you want Bluetooth. Pictured is my Iphone 4s 64gb. I did a Large FLAC -> 96kbps Opus transcode and just filled it up. I then play to my Tin Audio T2 with a 6$ airoha BT MMCX cable. It sounds amazing near transparent in my book. In 2019 this is my expendable set up what i take to the beach / mountain biking / nigg hoods etc

yep the audio output is shit and chink DAPs just stomp them (they just lack the UI)

Attached: IMG_7634.jpg (3264x2448, 971K)

>squeeze your whole music library in that thing and have the patience and time for file conversation
Alright, if you intend that, opus is indeed preferable. But I go well with 32GB and regular deleting and replacing.

>foobar doesnt run on anything under iOS 8
Blame Apple for making their older products unusable and the developer for not providing a supported version. I run foobar2000 version 1.0.33 on Ios 6.1.6

Attached: foobar2000_ios_version_history.jpg (996x354, 86K)

>not buying a cheap as living fuck prepaid plan android, not activating it, and using that for your shitty touch replacement without having an old as shit incompatible with everything touch

> not just buying an 3 button autism cube that happens to play DSD 128

Attached: z2.jpg (3264x2448, 1.24M)

Tfw the Z3 has a fucking ruined design

What do you mean ? the little oled screen is pretty good its great value for money. The Z2 is a fun little toy but the blind navigation can induce seizures. The AK DACs are solid. They are great for getting peoples feet wet in the world of Hi-Res

Attached: IMG_0155.jpg (3264x2448, 2.07M)

Fake sataniaposters are faggots trying to run the meme down to the ground so we can hate actual sataniaposters

Attached: 1556854812743.gif (434x250, 482K)

I just don't like the look of it, nothing against the screen. It just looks a bit toylike to me. I agree that the blind navigation on the Z2 is seizure inducing though

I didn't understand anything this guy said, but he seems to like the way iPod Touch plays sounds.
kenrockwell.com/apple/ipod-touch-5g/audio-quality.htm
How true is what he says? This thread made me want to repair my old iPod Touch to use it as a dedicated music player.

i used to quote that ken rockwell guy audio performance all the time all the time. Now i feel like an idiot. He is a fucking not doing his job because anyone who uses their ears can hear the difference between an ipod and a modern DAP / DAC the difference is nite and day.

The circuity in an ipod iphone that drives the audio output is incredibly small and low power and not discrete in any fashion

>Ken rockwell
>Ken "I put the saturation on my photos so high it makes your eyeballs fucking bleed" Rockwell
>Ken "Superzooms are great lenses" Rockwell
Holy fuck he is retarded in areas other than photography as well?

No, I still use real iPods though

Photographers who are really into glass like that Ken dude simply cant into Audio. Seen it countless times. Sad.

kek your "real ipods" sound "real" shitty and having bought one new 15 years ago i just laugh at you fashion victims. Particularly the fags who get near a TB of flash.

The thing is that Ken has horrendously bad opinions on glass as well. He's right about 30% of the time.

My 5th gen's got a Wolfson DAC, I run line-out to an external amp. Even so, I'm not an audiophile, so I really don't care if it's not perfect.

word. Ken is an absolute knob. DONATE !

FEED
MY
GROWING
FAMILY

Is there anything interesting that can be done with ipod touch 1G? Have one in drawer, just charged it. I guess it's on os 3.1.1

i had one of the very first ipod touches (16gb) on the day of release in 2007 because iphone was not available at the time. It was wicked future tech. I had a 3g wifi router in the car and just blew people away with it when it had proper internet on this sliver of a device. Good Times. Jailbreaking was like the wild west and fun and it was my primary music player till iphone 4.

Sadly after this thread looking at it mine today its just so pathetic. It works fine. But there are no volume buttons no bluetooth and all you can do with it is basically fill it up with .m4a and use the stock music app :/ most of the cydia repos and tweaks are fully depreciated, its just so meh.... doesn't sound particularly good either it just uses the arm SOC stock dac out.... its gimped

tldr the best use for a ipod touch 1G in 2019 is a network remote control for a media centre or something :/

I have a 4th gen I picked up for no reason than I found it cheap. Just have music loaded on it since virtually nothing will install via the app store.

Used an original iPhone up until a few years ago. As sluggish as Safari was, and more and more apps became incompatible, the phone app was rock solid. That never failed.

Currently using a 4s.

> and more and more apps became incompatible
> Currently using a 4s.
got news for you pall try and pick up a 6 or an SE. Apple is comming down on all 32bit devices and apps like a hammer.

I still use my iphone 3GS as an ipod, works gr8.

I used one in college almost exclusively back in 06-09.
With the entire campus blanketed with WiFi I basically used it as a phone. Texted via Google Voice. Didn't even use my dumbphone except the occasional call from mom.

Wouldn't use one now. I can't be arsed to manage my own music anymore since Spotify is fucking FREE and has everything good from the 90s and 00s.

Yep, I use a 4th Gen 32gb still daily. Bought it about four or five years ago when my old one had its headphone jack get all fucked up. I use it mostly for podcasts, and music when I cooking/in the car. I use the default OS (5.1.1 I think) because it's my favourite. When the day comes that I need to replace it I'll just buy another 4th Gen likely.

fuck I miss my 3gs thing was great once jailbroken and loaded with tweaks

1G Touch had a really good Wolfson DAC. Not sure about the others but I miss that little fucker for that alone. Don't miss the lack of volume buttons, tho.

iPhone SE is the best and most aesthetic smartphone.

Why do you never post the one with Windows, winjeet?

truth and i can buy one at my local post office new anytime for like 250... incredible

I have a 3rd gen iPod Touch that I still use as a music player

also for Taiko no Tatsujin+

Attached: 1555391534659.jpg (630x630, 72K)

Imagine being this much of a permavirgin loser. How many times a day you jerk it to your framed portrait of BlowJobs incel?

Attached: 1554613228963.jpg (324x291, 28K)

>still seething that Steve designed the most aesthetic and best smartphones in history

Keep using your McDonald's phone.

> jerk it ?
my GF does for me with gloves incel

6g 32GB.
I use it for listening to music, watching videos, reading RSS feeds, and managing my CalDAV.
The size is really comfy, and the sound isn't so bad.

I have one of those, still in my home country.
I kinda feel like I should have bought it over. Maybe I can get someone to send it to me or bring it over.

Is there ever an mp3 general up?

I had an ipod which lasted me years and was always convenient as my family had a lot of CDs from over the years so I never had to download albums online, should I opt for another mp3 or just stick with getting another ipod? I want something 32gb but relatively smaller that can just download all the crap off my itunes.

/iemg/ is technically also /pmp/ and where the potable discussion is at. And sorry to inform you pal but the chinese have captured the market.

>ask Verizon how much trade-in value my SE is worth
>$31
poorfag bros..

Attached: 1527766133679.jpg (800x1133, 150K)

I have this AGPTek rocker v1 collecting dust, i never go out so no reason to use it.
But it's pretty good an can use rockbox too.

Attached: 4209701[1].jpg (417x500, 17K)

Androids are the McDonalds of phones.

Original slate black iPhone 5 Looks better