How do I stop being fucking shit at programming and math?

How do I stop being fucking shit at programming and math?

Attached: katie-bouman.jpg (780x438, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!oIAHzaaa!DJnf5N66teUEAXhE5I6F8fCmZaJ-VKIyvH72xH8riI4
mega.nz/#!AZAllSyY!vlwBywF4734m-9-Lyo34rJ4cfZcuOSfQ9tUpQ-sNZgk
mega.nz/#!JFQXQIJa!UMa-mHWCCipWOBGXhfoBcx-Onc1cjZUXLTyQRj8p4lI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have sex

Find Jesus.

How would that help?

Math and programming aren't hard but they take lots of time to get into. Especially math needs time. There's no shortcut or a special learning technique, you'll have to sit down and solve mathematically problems 8 hours a day and you'll sooner or later get it.

Practice, practice, practice.

Faith gives you strength and mental composure, everything is possible with the help of God.

Practice my dude, I did a shitload of calculus as uni and just git gud by brute force, even after sucking ass at highschool math
If you're starting out programming then Codecademy has lots of nice free courses, would recommend
Incidentally I've done , is proving much more difficult

Attached: 1556665888780.jpg (1600x1982, 253K)

Practice what though? Everyone keeps saying that, but I don't know what it means.

I want to understand math on Wikipedia, but I don't have a clue what symbols and words like the upside down triangle and 'meromorphic function' mean, and don't even know how to search their meaning when Wikipedia would just yield more confusing terms on their respective pages. There is no tutorial, and I don't even know where to begin, or what "knowing math" even means.

Programming OTOH has the opposite problem. There are plenty tutorials everywhere that teach you the basics and ONlY the basics. Yes. Thank you very much, but I know how to write a 'for' loop. Now what? How do I make something like, idk, Firefox? Or a video game? *crickets* I guess I'll go fuck myself. I don't know what practicing fizzbuzz over and over is going to get me, but hooray.

Attached: 1fe.png (658x662, 59K)

Practice exercises, what do you mean? And if you know the basics you should move on to structures and algos, why do you need your fucking hand held so much?

Practice from the beginning.
Mathematics: multiplication, division, addition, substraction. Every day for 1 hour. Go from there right up to whatever topics you need to be good at.
Programming. Start with Basic, Work you way up to whatever language you need to be good at.

Learn haskell

Oh, not to mention there is nobody to ask for help.

Yahoo Answers and Jow Forums used to be my go to ten years ago, but I'm not giving my phone number to Yahoo and Jow Forums is so shitty now that's virtually useful for nothing but shitposting. No, I'm not going to bloat-ridden pajeet-infested Quora either lol. Forums died several years ago and Stackoverflow despises casual 'hey, can you help me out here?' questions, as they're trying to be a Wiki. And don't get me started on pseudo-intellectual faggotry on reddit.

Argh, I just wish I had a senpai to teach me everything and whom I could ask whatever and whenever I want.

>Practice exercises
I'm not in school lol. Where do I find the 'exercises'? How do they look like?

>And if you know the basics you should move on to structures and algos
Guess what? I know those already. Still can't build shit.
For the sake of it, let's say I want to build Firefox. Where would I start? See, I don't know. The curve of going from printf("Lol a number: %d", x) to anything even remotely practical just seems like a vertical edge to me

>why do you need your fucking hand held so much?
Because I really haven't got a clue.

Programming and math are completely different. Try learning elementary school math really well with Youtube videos made for kids.

dont do this

have you tried actually enrolling in some university courses? learning maths is difficult on your own, you need a good teacher

Get a fucking book dude. You don't need to be in school to learn it. And as far as your question, granted I've never tried but I have heard/read that building a browser is incredibly hard, so I dunno how you would do that.

>Practice from the beginning.
>Mathematics: multiplication, division, addition, substraction.
Yeah, no. That is a total waste of time.

>don't do this
>suggest nothing
Alright, keep your secrets lads.

Attached: 1450659778746.png (640x974, 305K)

this, have someone explain things to you, if youre not at uni at least pick up some good basic books or watch educational videos.

For programming, get down the basics. THEN ask yourself what do you want to do with programming. Find a library/API and read the documentation...extensively or follow a tutorial on a blog or YT video. Try to go through these slowly and not try to just copy code. Understand the code and why something is being used. yes this this will take a while but it pays off. Eventually, everything will come together. Its a process, take your god damn time.

>How do I stop being fucking shit at programming and math?
First
>math
You need a phd to be just decent at math. If by good at math you mean not being a total jackass, read good calculus, linear algebra and discrete math books.
>programming
Read good compsci books and practice a lot

>upside down triangle
Is it a gradient :)

it's obvious that going back to learn the rudiments would be a retarded idea. the best way would be to ideally take some maths courses at a university, or to at least watch full lecture series online. learning from textbooks is difficult if you're already shit at a subject. it's worthwhile too, since if you have a solid grounding in maths you can basically learn anything else you want easily.

Math is one of the easiest for things to learn. I unironically don't understand why it's so hard for people. It feels like people call everything that they doesn't after the first reading hard

>You need a phd to be just decent at math
Please tell me this is bait

Have you ever seen an actual mathematician and the shit they do? Solving some differential equations or a somewhat difficult integral doesn't actually make you good at math. Math is a very long rabbit hole and the only way to go is do proof after proof, theorem after theorem.

Go out and start having friends

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I got a question
Is Ritchie's book bad (you know the one)? Recently I've seen it's less and less popular

>I want to understand math on Wikipedia, but I don't have a clue what symbols and words like the upside down triangle and 'meromorphic function' mean, and don't even know how to search their meaning when Wikipedia would just yield more confusing terms on their respective pages. There is no tutorial, and I don't even know where to begin, or what "knowing math" even means.
Go on /sci/, look for the website on their sticky. Buy some of the entry level textbooks recommended there and study them. High level math is one of the hardest things for most people to learn, you aren't going to get anywhere just looking at Wikipedia. You have to learn things in the right order for them to make sense, because each new topic in math builds on previous things.

>Math is one of the easiest for things to learn.
Tell me user, what's your major and profession?

Read books. Do not go on stackoverflow or google your problems

>people are so reliant on the internet now that they can't even think to learn from another resource
what went wrong?

The internet becoming the main source of entertainment and media, that's what
It should've stayed as a communication service, like telephones

what's wrong with using the internet to learn?

1. Read textbooks or watch videos about the chosen subject. Write down notes in a notebook, copy the examples you're given and answer all practice questions to the best of your ability.
2. If and when you've reached a critical point, (usually the end of a chapter for a textbook,) apply the knowledge you learned in some way. You can do this by creating related practice questions/small projects for yourself or by teaching others what you've learned.
3. Repeat 1 and 2 at regular intervals. Don't try and learn everything in one sitting though - taking breaks between each learning period is helpful in retaining that knowledge. A few hours per day should be fine.
Don't be disheartened if you feel like you are progressing slowly, everyone learns differently and has their strengths and weaknesses in that regard. More important than how fast you can learn is how well you can apply the concepts you've learned. A slow learner is indisputably better than a shitty learner.

Nice pic of blackhole but now it has cooties

Learn math.
Learn Russian.

Get Proskuryakov, Demidovich, Beklemyshev taskbooks on Linear algebra, Calculus and similar.

Solve them. All of them.

Achieve greatness and nirvana.

Problem with the industry is that with abundance of resources, it usually boils down to shitty soulcrushing webdev. Programming has stopped being a form of art.

Stop browsing Jow Forums and find a place that isn't filled with retards. Jow Forums can't teach you anything.

we can teach how to not miss by 1

The internet is useful, but you can't learn everything on the internet. In fact most things worth learning are in books. This is OP's problem.

>Get Proskuryakov, Demidovich, Beklemyshev taskbooks on Linear algebra, Calculus and similar.

Actually, if everyone interested, I could drop the books somewhere.

pls

you don't.

you let it flow through you.

mega.nz/#!oIAHzaaa!DJnf5N66teUEAXhE5I6F8fCmZaJ-VKIyvH72xH8riI4
mega.nz/#!AZAllSyY!vlwBywF4734m-9-Lyo34rJ4cfZcuOSfQ9tUpQ-sNZgk
mega.nz/#!JFQXQIJa!UMa-mHWCCipWOBGXhfoBcx-Onc1cjZUXLTyQRj8p4lI

They are in Russian, but if you need to ask the translation, I'll try to give my best.

Write down your goals, what you think you need to achieve them, and what you learn over time. In the end it should read almost like a guide, and you can look back on it later if you forget anything. Re-learning is easier than the initial learning, too.

>Argh, I just wish I had a senpai to teach me everything and whom I could ask whatever and whenever I want.
Same. God that sounds nice. You should try your hand at IRC. There are some friendly autists there. Sounds awkward to recommend a channel I'm in myself, but just look around rizon and freenode a bit.

Download a fun language like freebasic or C with SDL, have fun, Take chances,make mistakes, get messy

Attached: ms_frizzle.png (400x300, 157K)

this

Can you translate them? I need to get better at math

Too lazy to do it.
There were chinkbooks on demidovich, though.

Use or lose it.
Make programs that use the math you need to get good on and you will learn em easier.

>math
The "secret" is in the proofs. If you don't know the proofs, how can you say you really understand math.
>programming
Deepen your understanding of computer science, software engineering, and design. Experience is important, but knowledge is even better.
Also this. If you take a look at Jow Forums you worlds realize the vast majority here are fucking retards.

Math textbooks.

Go back in time and ask your mother to stop drinking while pregnant.

I am good at math and I have a job where I do math and programming a lot. During college I spent hours on homework for a single class; you were usually assigned a problem a week with two or three hard courses. So 20 to 30 hours a week on the 2 to 3 hard classes plus doing stuff for other classes was the norm. Sometimes I spent hours just working on solving just one problem. Programming also required me spending hours on it to solve a single thing. You have to work your brain and put actual effort into it. Like thinking until your brain hurts and you get hungry just because you are using up energy by thinking. It's fucking hard and I don't think a lot of people actually work their brains as much as they think they can, and I don't think a lot of people even know that they are not working their brain as much as they truly can. What I said might sound kind of weird but it's what I think but don't say irl.

Okay faggot here's the deal, I was in the same boat as you before university.

When it comes to math, you will first have to watch TONS of videos on just the basics to wrap your head around. Try Discrete Math 1 and Discrete Math 2 on youtube. Second thing is Math analysis I, II, III, IV. You can google this shit and find various good tutorials on what it is about. Now the thing is, the fucking examples you do in exercises and exams at uni are one pure fuckery. It's not meant to teach you shit, just go over as much shit as they can, while you learn some of it. There are people who remember everything, but even they don't know the bigger picture, since you get crammed up your shit even more stuff your brains can't wait to forget. You learn 10 new subjects and concepts every week and they expect you to knownit by heart.

When it comes to programming, geeksforgeeks has a lot of good exercises. Do a lot of exercises with loops, arrays, multiD arrqys, pointers, passing by value/reference, recursion...understand difference between dynamic arrays and static arrays. Then start with OOP and learn about vector arrays, look at few UML diagrams for OOP and write a profram for it. Leadn everything about OOP (constructors, copy constructors, destructors, writting methods and so on and up to virtual functions, etc..).

Then learn about Data Structures and Algorithms and start implementing them on your own, there's plenty of exercises on this on geeksforgeeks.

After this realize you don't wanna sit like a retard in a room watching sun go up and down and go study bussines and managment and become a chad. CS people are robots with no character to them, introverts, tfw no gf people, social outcasts.

Attached: 1556385538213.jpg (720x695, 60K)

Amen!

>CS people are robots with no character to them, introverts, tfw no gf people, social outcasts.
have you entered a CS class the past year? CS departments nowadays are filled with chads and stacies

Sex gives you strength and mental composure, everything is possible with the help of aids

You don't. Humans aren't good at math - or programming for that matter.

Good mathematicians/programmers just have patience and like figuring out problems.