Tools are technology

Tools are technology.
Bought recently pic related, as a toy... Ended up using it more than my Makita cordless drill.
What is really amazing that this thing can drive in wood no problem.
What tools does Jow Forums use?

Attached: Без названия.jpg (236x214, 7K)

And yeah, dragon dildo is not a tool

>/diy

>>DIY

>Бeз нaзвaния.jpg
Greetings, Comrade.

Too big.
Are there any electric screwdrivers for small electronics? Like, limited to a couple Nm and working on a single 18650 or smaller battery?

If you don't own everything you don't own anything, you always need more tools. Still half mine are shitty chink versions from harbor freight.

Get a good dremel for projects, dremel is great for any PC work. Need to alter a case? Need to adjust something? Need a new mount point? Dremel.

Fuck off, retard

I'm interested in Jow Forums tools.
This has 5 nm (electronically adjustable) and uses one 18650 probably.
There are smaller ones, but you can kinda get 1/4 ph000 bits from usual scumbags.

Buying Bosch and not Metabo. You sir are an idiot.

>Electric screwdriver

Attached: 1517874038899.png (466x469, 236K)

Yes. I need a hammer drill (rotary one) and impact driver to get all screwing tools.
I think chinks bought metaboo recently... Anyway, they don't have such toys. Bosch is still Bosch, btw.

Yes, electric screwdriver, for precise poking.

Lemme guess... And you use gloves and prootection glasses just to adjust one fucking screw, right?

No.
I usually strip screws with cordless drill, idk, I'm hard on trigger I guess.

Oh wait, that was Skill...

>I think chinks bought metaboo recently
Didn't know that. Turns out Hitachi bought them which is not bad but I found out now they have factory in china.
Now only power tools company I trust is Fein

Drago-
Oh

Can confirm, this thing is powerful for its size.
But I think button actuation would be better

Recommend me a soldering iron

Attached: 510f3tXSywL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 17K)

When you drive screws you're supposed to put the torque all the way down to the lowest setting. If the drill stops driving screws move it up to the next setting and so on. If you try to drive screws at the highest setting right away as soon as the screw gives any resistance it will strip it. Alternatively you can use an impact driver which is just a better tool for driving screws.

Hakko or Weller. Get one with a temperature adjustment and not one like your picture.

Weller WLC100 has an adjustment, but I assume it's not as good at holding temperature as the WE1010 or the Hakko FX-888D. Hakko also has an iron with temperature control on the handle. But these lack ESD protection. How big a deal is that?

>When you drive screws you're supposed to put the torque all the way down to the lowest setting.
I know, but when it comes to electronics and stuff, even lowest torque setting is too much.
Wait, pic related doesn't have temperature regulation?
>Hakko
Expensive.
>Weller
Expensive, and they fucked up with fuse once, so no, thanks.

I had CXG 60W with hakko-900 tips, but I moved to other country, and last thing I want is TSA doing cavity search with that iron.
What about T12 irons?

Check this guy out:
Aoyue 968A+ SMD

And yeah, no nicrome meme, only keramic or whatever new stuff is.
Looks like something I would DIY...
Which hot airs are better: fan or pumps?

>even lowest torque setting is too much.
Get a torque driver. The money is worth it.

I can't work with it on Saturdays. Sabbath.
And I already have Go-yim driver

Your loss.

>I know, but when it comes to electronics and stuff, even lowest torque setting is too much.
The best advice I heard regarding driving screws is to only use a drill or impact driver for stuff that isn't delicate. Like driving screws into into wood. When driving screws into something delicate like plastic the screws will usually rip the threads out if you go too fast anyway so I always go slow and careful, or at least use a ratcheting screw driver.

>The best advice I heard regarding driving screws is to only use a drill or impact driver for stuff that isn't delicate
I know. This is why I got an Bosch electric screwdriver.
And yeah, Makita has relatively low torque limit on clutch, which is kinda OK for electronics, but especially shitty screws get stripped anyway. Electric screwdriver has even lower torque limit, and I haven't tripped any screw yet.
>so I always go slow and careful, or at least use a ratcheting screw driver.
Working with hands is too slow.

I don't know if the WLC100 is any good, it doesn't seem to have a real temperature adjustment, the knob is apparently just for the wattage. It doesn't seem to mention whether its ESD protected either.

If you're working with fairly modern electronics with things like a microprocessor or even just MOSFETs the lack of ESD protection would be a deal breaker since it could short out those parts. You can use irons like that to work on older devices that aren't very complex or to solder wires but I'd recommend against it for a real iron.