Firefox DISABLED Ublock Origin and isn't letting me DL it. WTF

Firefox DISABLED Ublock Origin and isn't letting me DL it. WTF

Attached: afdsfads.png (1074x841, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Archive/Add-ons/Legacy_add_ons
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/
zdnet.com/article/mozilla-announces-ban-on-firefox-extensions-containing-obfuscated-code/
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/AMO/Policy/Reviews-2019-05
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1548973
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Same here, went out to buy a couple of things and this shit happened when i came back.

It's affecting all my addons not just ublock. Firefox fucked up something.

I am just now realizing how many ads are on the internet holy shit why the fuck wont these niggers let me use adblockers now

>LEGACY EXTENSIONS
Remove and reinstall from AMO, pinhead. uBO works fine on modern releases.

Works for me on Firefox Developer Edition with uBlock Origin 1.18.16

what do you mean?
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Archive/Add-ons/Legacy_add_ons

LMAO everyone is dealing with this it seems
every firefox user

fucking niggers, now I can't even use 4chaX because greasemonkey is a legacy addon, I fucking hate to post like this

I literally can’t use my pc right now cause I don’t want a botnet from all the ads on the web.

toggle xpinstall.signatures.required in about:config

I mean STOP USING THE LEGACY BUILD. Just reinstall regular uBlock Origin.

use the new webextension grease monkey

firefox just niggered itself across the planet

>go to addon browser
>click ublock origin
>DOWNLOAD FAILED
ok what next

its only on firefox beta
these niggers think they are developers

Neither build works.

nope

it's live

First remove the addon and restart firefox. Then manually install 1.18.16 from addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/
The only thing that could explain this bug is if Mozilla is incorrectly trying to serve you the legacy version of the add-on. In this case, you should manually chose the correct version.

Google Chrome doesn't have this problem.

Attached: file.png (2560x1410, 360K)

At least it still works in the developer edition.

This has got to be a boicot from some insider shitter.

it works on beta

Attached: fx.png (1366x1987, 351K)

try toggling your system time, seems to work for some

oh nonononono

Attached: aobaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (560x560, 316K)

>IBA opt-out
>uBlock Origin
>Opting out of ads that you never see
What did he meme by this?

Attached: confused cheating slut.jpg (206x423, 30K)

can't download any of them

Attached: fug.png (808x746, 75K)

literally just did this to me too and it didn't even give any kind of popup or dialog or option to update now or later

nope

>doesn't have this problem that doesn't even affect everyone
>has a fuck ton of other issues
Kys, jordan.

zdnet.com/article/mozilla-announces-ban-on-firefox-extensions-containing-obfuscated-code/

What firefox dev is responsible for this? Might it be someone with a @google.com email address?

i've NEVER opted into the beta because firefox is janky enough on its mainline releases

I REFUSE to browse the internet without an adblocker and umatrix. I'll have to use the developer edition until they fix whatever BS they caused.

Then try right clicking the button and saving the addon to your hard drive before installing it? Jesus Christ how much do I have to spoonfeed you.

this could be legit but holy fucking fuck why would they initiate it liuke this

This or the ESR release. It seems to work on both if you disable xpinstall signatures.

I use beta and didn't have to disable that

IT
DOESN'T
WORK

>The ban will enter into effect on June 10
uBlock is also GPL and won't be affected.
What doesn't work? Right clicking and saving the addon? Dragging the saved xpi file to firefox?

>firefox just niggered itself across the planet
lol

Your only option, then, is to download the ESR or developer editions, import your stuff, and re-download the addons after you disable xpinstall.signatures.enabled.

firefox esr here works on my machine

>verified for use
meaningless

Bless you user

Attached: 1530680302211.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Excuse my retardation, but where do I find about:config?

is there an options flag to enable unverified code/addons perpetually?

Just happened to me

did (((they))) finally get to mozilla?

Go where you normally type in a URL, and type in about:config. It'll send you to your advanced settings. Click past the screen that says "it'll void your warranty." it's just a scare screen to keep kids from messing with it.

see

type it into the URL bar. like it's a website, but without http. you can also type in about:support for some information (there's other about: pages too)

Try setting your computer back a day, that fixed it for me.

>Dragging the saved xpi file to firefox
This. It gives the same "file is corrupted" message.

yeah but then what about tomorrow?

All of my fucking addons are fucking disabled. Even the goddamn theme

Holy shit Jow Forums without an addon is archaic

Attached: Christ alive what the fuck.png (725x690, 96K)

Oh, I see it now.
Unfortunately, it didn't work. Toggled to False and all my shit is still nonfunctioning.

>mfw I been telling everyone on this board for years to not trust Firefox.

Attached: 1555465726973.png (1280x769, 307K)

>legacy
No fucking wonder. Just install the current version which SHOULD have been installed months ago.

Didn't they disable this a while ago? It's doing nothing for me.

user, read the fucking thread prior to exhaling literal shit from your mouth hole.

Yeah well what better alternative is there?

what the FUCkK is happening?!

Firefox has been pozzed for a while now. All their fucking (((Pocket))) news propaganda that they won't let you disable and their gay ass little messages at the bottom of the window every time you open firefox.

Waterfox or Icecat

Then you need to download ESR or the developer edition. I can verify that all my addons still work with them.

Firefox needs to unfuck this mess and fast.

Facebook bought Mozilla

It has nothing to do with legacy extensions you moron. The 57 update happened ages ago.

If you can, set your date to a day before and they'll all work again.

F'ing botnet-fox and its required external verification to run addons EVEN FOR THOSE downloaded off of their store.

Everything I was running was definitely not legacy and was for the post 57 update.

I consider this an absolute failure of a "feature."

>Firefox DISABLED Ublock Origin
Using Firefox 66 on Fedora I've still got NoScript and UBlock Origin working just fine. However, if I click update (there's an update for both) the download fails and I can't install the updated version.

So there's clearly a problem. But.. they didn't disable the versions I have. I'm actually a bit shocked that they have the ability to just disable people's extensions willy nilly like lots of you have experiencing. I'm also curious as to why I don't have that problem.

Furrycucks BTFO

Attached: 10 - 9qt0Ms5.jpg (517x705, 67K)

I JIST WENT ON A WEBSITE AND A VIDEO POPPED UP AND STARTED PLAYING FULL VOLUME HOW THE FUCK DO NORMIES LIVE LIKE THIS

nothing to do with legacy, or beta installs. it's happening on mobile too. can't even reinstall the addons. fucking obnoxious. mozilla is a nigger.

just curious, what version/OS are you using? as I wrote in downloading updates or new extensions is broken right now but the ones I have still work.

I DON'T KNOW I GUESS THEY LIKE THIS SHIT

Maybe that's why superbowl ads go viral

Just opened Firefox to check.Same here.

>Even rolling my computer clock back a day does nothing
Fuck.

It's version 65 on Windows 7. No updates enabled for anything, including the addons. It just decided "nope, I'm not going to let you run those extensions you've had running no issues for several weeks."

If they're too retarded to install an adblocker, they're exactly the demographic the ads are made for.

This does nothing. FF 66.0.3 here.

FIREKEKS BTFO

Attached: 1556211174103.jpg (712x719, 102K)

Just install Firefox Developer Edition, it's faster.

I rolled back to about a week old profile backup, FIrefox is up-to-date (66.0.3,) but the issue is fixed. What the fuck did Mozilla do?

time to install vivaldi i guess

Tried to download Ghostery add-on. Doesn't work.

>post yfw you're comfy in Chromium

Attached: øl.jpg (635x600, 97K)

based

Well, I downloaded it.
And it doesn't work.

Attached: Untitled.png (732x422, 29K)

thanks mozilla corp for letting everyone get a full-scoop tracking list update on me. this is definitely the best way to protect my privacy

bruhs

ONE

JOB

This some type of bug, someone at Mozilla messed up big time and Firefox is will lose a ton of it's user base. Average user will just get Chrome for adblock after being frustrated for 10 minutes.

The code obfuscation stuff isn't supposed to hit until June 10, this seemed to come with no noticed and people who are affected are unable to download any extensions period.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/AMO/Policy/Reviews-2019-05

Maybe sometime related with time/date set wrong.

Attached: bug.jpg (900x600, 360K)

Works for me, no idea what the fuck Mozilla did. You can install unsigned add-ons as long as xpinstall.signatures.required is false.

So this is a Windows problem, Mozilla has the ability to disable already installed extensions on Windows?

I can't say I like that they are able to do this. At all.

Reminder that gab's dissenter extension was removed from both firefox and chrome's addon stores at the same time. Reading makes it sound like Mozilla is going to crack down on more extensions based on "security" and $reasons. Of course, the banning of dissenter showed us that them removing something doesn't need to have anything to do with security, they can just randomly decide they don't like whatever and ban it

Firefox users on the right

Attached: 1540831606459.png (1024x768, 366K)

It's not that, it's something even more retarded.
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1548973

Chrome is a botnet. REEEEE

Attached: 1303677566772.jpg (295x422, 34K)

no it's a "mozilla literally too retarded to keep their own certs up to date" issue