What went wrong?

Attached: 1527652157502.png (362x336, 158K)

usb

"U"SB

Attached: s9dun6a1xmpz.png (1920x1080, 574K)

analog was alright, also spbp

>that 3.0 type B and Micro B

Why.

>5GB/s
why?

fuck usb and fuck you

Backwards compatibility with 2.0 while having teh required 9 pins?

>fuck usb and fuck you
*bricks all your external storage*

Attached: 03f11e5f9f0e91109201001fe224bb5d.jpg (600x800, 301K)

> Previously 3.0

All USB connectors except micro-B and C are inexcusable dogshit.

USB gives more than 4 buttons

>thunderbolt
I always found it funny that the thunderbolt standard took existing connectors and just increased throughput to make its own thing

I said GB/s, not Gbps

Thunderbolt proper is PCIe over external cables, which is pretty different from USB. The connector punning...yeah. Obtuse faggotry for dysfunctional laptops.

Don't forget usb c usb 2.0 on smartphones

>USB 3.1 Gen1 (Previously 3.0)

Attached: Why.jpg (281x480, 21K)

>superspeed
>Superspeed+
>Superspeed++
I thought thunderbolt was the one made by Intel.

The U means universal for all kinds of peripherals. In other words, there's not a "printer USB", a "keyboard USB", a "Mouse USB", etc. The name comes from the fact that the specifications are not of a proprietary nature and is not specific to one type of peripheral.

There's also USB2 Type-C cables just for extra fun

Good enough for phone chargers, I guess

Isn't it called USB 3.2 Gen 1 now? And USB 3.1 now USB 3.2 Gen 2 and the latest is USB 3.2 Gen 2x2? Shit's totally fucking retarded.

they looked at the HDMI format - where it's prohibited for cable makers to put what damn 'version' it is on the package - and thought whoa, cool, we should do that

it's literally, actively consumer-hostile. there's no fig leaf excuse its literally just 'fuck you you're going to buy whatever, good luck working out what your stuff does faggot'

i hate it, i hate them, i hate that there's no escape other than to use i dunno floppies or something fucking mind-bogglingly stupid like that. capitalism is fucking shit

'we want the smartphone market' only its usb cables instead. fuck's sake someone go fly a plane into that fucking ivory tower, then i'd be the one jumping up and down ululating and firing an ak-47 into the air

>superspeed+++++++++++++++++++

>Joystick
>plugs into sound card

Attached: 1550025947305.png (400x400, 33K)

Where is USB 3.2 Gen 2 4x4 Rev 2?

Has anyone EVER seen Mini-A or Mini-B connectors on anything?

*Mini-A or Micro-A

No, no, it's more retarded than that. USB 3.2 has a different 10gb mode that works with cheaper type C cables than 3.1. So a USB 3.2 Gen1x2 cable is inferior to a USB 3.1 Gen2 cable.

90s shit.

u wot m8? Late 90s shit was thick enough for full-sized ports on both mainboards and laptops, and there were no other host devices at the time.

The joystick is a MIDI device. The sound card handles MIDI devices.

Attached: 1554359889016.gif (164x188, 1.51M)

My sansa mini clip

PS3 and PS4 controllers switched connectors. I forget which is which, but one is mini and the other is micro, so I have two different cables.

Sorry, I was thinking of old MP3 players and input adapters with mini-B. Wikipedia tells me they were all 2000 and later.

marketing team autism