IceCat vs. Ungoogled Chromium

Now that Firefox shit the bed, it's time to find another browser. Which browser does Jow Forums recommend?
I'm hesitant to trust anything based off of chrome and I have a feeling a browser modified by GNUtards is completely broken and never receives updates

Attached: 45637465637.png (1920x1080, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bumping for interest

Neither. Stick with Firefox. It's the best of a bunch of really bad actual options and low effort sparsely maintained forks.

edge with chromiun ez

>Now that Firefox shit the bed
>Now
that already happened a while ago

good goy
go back to the one who beats you so good

Based goy

>modified by GNUtards is completely broken and never receives updates
Mobile icecat on fdroid is only 2 months old and has worked flawlessly on every website
tprb is bundled in and is basically a simplified umatrix
prolly gonna swap my desktop to it when I can be arsed to backup my history, bookmarks & saved login shit

can someone give me a tldr on what happened to firefox. are they in for good or is this something temporarily?

Attached: 40131366_14749309862250_rId8.jpg (407x355, 20K)

There's no reason not to try the alternatives when they're just a click away, but you'll soon come to the same realization. Or at the very least try your very hardest to convince yourself that I'm not right. Or who knows, maybe you're just naturally stupid or gullible and you'll be perfectly happy with your 0.01% browser. But for the rest of you, you can hear me now, but you'll believe me later.

>tl:dr
every extension certificate has been fucked up because mozilla is completely retarded and now literally every single extension on firefox (forks are safe) doesnt work unless you load it into debug and they said that the fix will come out in 5 fucking days last i checked

>meritocracy is a male construct
they declared war on being useful

Attached: RZq7elP.jpg (562x490, 41K)

mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/

The certificate that controls the extensions expired and all add-ons and themes installed were disabled as a consequence.
This shit happens because Firefox automatically disables any add-on that can't be verified, and since the verification system got fucked everything was disabled.

Neither have the addons I like, so why should I use them instead of Firefox?

Have you used both the browsers in the OP? Why do you think they aren't worth using?

because mozilla is trying to be google, but offering a slower browser WITH NO EXTENSIONS LOL

Ungoogled Chromium for Windows, Icecat (without LibreJS) on Linux.
Waterfox or Palemoon are also fine. Do the recommend config changes for Waterfox.

Just disable the verification and you are good to go.

>icecat
Behind the ESR branch by 3 fucking versions. It would be good if it wasn't for the unpatched open vulnerabilities. Hurry the fuck up GNUtards.

>ungoogled-chromium
Okay since they removed the botnet, but it's still chromium-based which is shit.

>just keep your head down
no

Nice spyware guys.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>Neither have the addons I like
How? Icecat is just Firefox minus the botnet and some extra GNU/autism. All add-ons compatible with Firefox should work just fine on Icecat.

You're correct, I'll amend my post.

Ungoogled Chromium for Windows, Icecat (without LibreJS) on GNU/Linux.
Waterfox or Palemoon are also fine. Do the recommend config changes for Waterfox.

>Neither have the addons I like
Icecat can use all Firefox addons. Why are all these Firefox shills so tech illiterate?

>recommend config changes
?

Icecat. Then jump ship to furrymoon in the future if sorosfox shits the bed and brings icecat down with it. Anything Chromium based is on suicide watch since in a couple of months uBO and uMatrix will stop working unless you stay on the older versions, so you'll have to give up on blocking ads and spyware if you want to stay on the latest releases.

spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

works on Waterfox also, but Waterfox won't disable your addons or remove legacy addons or be run by SJW mozillatards

>Anything Chromium based is on suicide watch since in a couple of months uBO and uMatrix will stop working
I thought google backed off of that API change for now. Or did I miss something?

I'm terribly sorry, but I would like to interject for yet another moment. What I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system, "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU needed, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really just distributions of Linux.

How da fack do you install ice cat on Parrot OS?

Man I miss kali
Kali had a tutorial for everything

good goy

Attached: jew_basic.jpg (600x600, 42K)

download it from one of the GNU mirrors, extract it to /opt/ or /usr/local/bin and create a desktop file for it in ~/.local/share/applications.

How do you actually install the patches for ungoogled chromium? I see all these posts and the documentation saying just install the patches lmao with no actual info on how to do this

this, this fellow goy- guy knows.

Great, do you know where it stores it's config/temp files? Is it all self contained in the install directory?

>now that firefox shit the bed
it shat the bed a long time ago, it's just that it's been getting progressively worse because barely anybody left when they should've

Go on old man
I'm listening