Name bigger overreaction

name bigger overreaction

Attached: file.png (2458x629, 795K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5280#section-4.1.2.5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's actually worse on reddit. I miss the pre-Facebook/Twitter/Reddit internet. Everyone is a total cunt these days.

>STILL NO FIX
>expect your users to clean up your shit or say yes to some dogshit tracking study no one wants

Just let firefox die

It didn't warrant all those threads, but it was a big deal that they broke. The internet is almost entirely unbrowseable without privacy add-ons. Not to mention the ones that just add customization and convenience

>some dogshit tracking study no one wants
Versus built in tracking that can't be disabled in the "other" alternative? Sure.Why not? Over react much?

>The internet is almost entirely unbrowseable without privacy add-ons.
Thanks to Google.

The apple bendgate.

>Let die the sole remaining alternative to Chromium.

Attached: 1498343801586.jpg (600x663, 62K)

This is not an overreaction. What has happened today is the very proof that firefox is a spyware software since it checks back at firefox servers with whatever installed in your browser to make sure it's """legitimate""". Mozilla have the power to make your browsing experience harder on their whim. And their userbase doesn't have such power over software they're using.
I just hope more people will grow aware of this and will turn to more privacy-respecting browsers like Pale Moon, which respects their freedom and can't shit it's pants like this even if it wanted to.

This. All of the faggots using this to shit on Firefox are the same one using Chrome or worst still Brave lmao

Palememe has some parts of it's code on a closed-source licence but you expect me to place a blind trust in it like you do.

Attached: 1555785411069.jpg (445x503, 41K)

I love how the users of the botnets shit on Firefox users, and imply they are SJW's, then try to convince them to join them in using their shitty browsers. The desperation and need to convince themselves that they are right, is pathetic. Seriously, you're going to try to use peer pressure on anonymous strangers? Jesus Christ (I'm sorry, Lord) , get a fucking life, this isn't Twitter.

Learn the basics about digital signatures and signing authorities and it won't be that surprising. Do you also use HTTP instead of HTTPS to connect to web sites? Because it's the exact same thing.

Your post

Checking authenticity during the installation is one thing. Making regular home calls to check """authenticity""" is another.
This is an obvious difference and I don't think I should explain it more to you.

Where are the binary blobs in Pale Moon?

mine never broke

Attached: 1542515038884.png (1907x989, 285K)

Certificates come with an expiry date, it doesn't require phoning home to check.

your certs take within 24 hours to expire it will happen today

Yes it does since not all of the users are affected at once.

I'm not sure how that's evidence of phoning home. If it was phoning home then wouldn't it all happen at the same time? Obviously the certificate is not being validated all the time, but rather only occasionally, probably at intervals of at least several hours (and not every user would be synchronized), since the expiry times are so long that you don't need high fidelity.

They are not affected all at once because of different time zones and clock settings.

>not using nightly, or dev edition
>ever

cry harder tranny shill

Attached: .png (470x233, 8K)

Time zones you fucking retard. Stop talking about shit you know nothing about.

Okay, then look at it this way.
Every addon has it's signature. Every addon's signature, as we know of now, has to be renewed by mozilla before it expires in order to not get deleted by mozilla. Why do addons need to get renewed in the first place if they were accepted during the initial installation? Why do mozilla devs have the power to manage whatever there is installed in your browser? Isn't it how backdoors work?

9/11

>Why do addons need to get renewed in the first place if they were accepted during the initial installation?
Because that's how the X.509 certificate standard works. Certificates have expiration dates, end of.
>Why do mozilla devs have the power to manage whatever there is installed in your browser? Isn't it how backdoors work?
They don't, aside from the studies program, which you can easily disable. It's questionable that the studies program is the only (or best) way to quickly send out new certificates, but that's beside the point. You can simply disable add-on certification if you wish. The add-ons weren't uninstalled or anything, just disabled while you had certification enabled and while there wasn't a valid certificate.

>Certificates have expiration dates, end of.
They SHOULD have them. They don't have to have them.
>You can simply disable add-on certification if you wish.
It doesn't work. You'd know if you tried it.
I already posted about it in another thread .

some people had to be called into work last night because firefox being broken affected productivity. this is actually a pretty serious fuckup, don't dismiss it as NEETs going into a rage due to a slight inconvenience

>They SHOULD have them. They don't have to have them.
A valid X.509 certificate has an expiration date. If it doesn't, it is not valid.
>It doesn't work. You'd know if you tried it.
I was already in the studies program and wasn't using my computer during the original ruckus so I never gave it a shot, no. But many other people are saying it worked. I have no idea why you were having issues with it, but it's not because the feature straight up doesn't work.

Of course it's a serious fuckup to forget to renew certificates that are about to expire, but you and I both know that the vast majority of complaints on here have nothing to do with that.

This really is a serious fuck up.
I'm hoping they'll fix their shit until monday, because job of accounting department at my work heavily relies on some firefox addons and I have a day off on monday.

JUST
FUCKING
USE
CHROME
YOU
FUCKING
FAGGOTS

>CHROME
That's a funny way of spelling Opera with Opera Turbo and Opera Free VPN

Okay, you made me check that. Look at this:
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5280#section-4.1.2.5
>To indicate that a certificate has no well-defined expiration date, the notAfter SHOULD be assigned the GeneralizedTime value of 99991231235959Z.
That date is the end of year 9999, which would technically make certificates indefinite. What is stopping mozilla from serving certificates valid for this long?

One important reason to add expiry dates to certificates is because increasing computational power means it's easier to break the cryptography behind those certificates. In theory, an attacker with such power could reuse a certificate for a malicious add-on that it was never intended for, and distribute it themselves while claiming that Mozilla endorses it as safe. Choosing an expiry date sometime before that is expected to be feasible is a good countermeasure.

I reckon, though, that it was a certificate for the add-ons site which expired. Like you said, the site was down for a while. Certificates for web sites have expiration dates for the same reason. Imagine an attacker that reused that master certificate to send out a malicious update to one or more widely used add-ons while pretending to be that web site!

Linux CoC

Attached: coc.png (764x478, 36K)

I forgot to make the important point that just because the certificate in question is part of a web site's security doesn't mean that there's any online communication involved. Just like the individual certificates, the master certificate would be stored on your computer and validated offline before enabling any add-ons. That's called a certificate chain.

> Mfw I updated thinking it would solve the issue.
Fucc.
My addons only got disabled an hour ago; At least I think none of them require an spefically older version of Firefox to work.