Other urls found in this thread:

storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/[email protected]
shysecurity.com/post/20190504-Manually Fix Firefox Addons
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

only trannies, pedos, sjws and tinfoil autists use firefox

Spyware. Install IceCat.

good thing i use chrome hahaha xd

Can someone just clear this up as to what the best alternative is.
>Currently trying brave, it has issues, but the extensions work. Idk how secure it is, it depends on who you ask but nobody has real examples.
>Waterfox - you can only get it from some sketchy PPA. You can download the .deb but it won't automatically update. Who knows how secure it it.
>Icecat- Its Gnu so its prob. trustworthy, but it doesn't seem like it is updated to often for security and apparently most addons don't work.
>Palemoon - good, but addons don't work.
>Wait until firefox is fixed - It seems like this is a ruse and they are going to block certain addons, Also its resource hungry.

Literally just use what werks for you.

Mark the checkbox to participate in Firefox studies, restart the browser and will work again after 1 or 2 minutes. It's more secure than all those alternatives and will work as before. Once this is taken care of, you can change the configuration back.

i dont understand why they dont just update us to the last working version and THEN take their time to fix the issues.

Boy am I glad this is the new standard of posts thanks to Jow Forums tourists

hey it's all thanks to you and your kind this shit got fucked up!

FUCK FIREFOX
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GIVE ME MY EXTENSIONS BACK YOU FUCKING GLOW IN THE DARK JEW NIGGERS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1428562266341.jpg (901x901, 115K)

>change date to may, 1
>install all extension again
WTF?

I just spent 45 minutes installing and setting up this shitshow Chrome spyware and I'm not sorry.

It works!

FUCKING THIS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spoonfeed me daddies. What has happened this time that got Jow Forums's tranny socks in a bunch?

Attached: tgirl.png (3640x2140, 1.87M)

Mozilla pulled an oopsy woopsy fucky wucky that disabled addons for everyone. Jow Forums trannies working overtime for damage control.

I seen a buncha threads about this hear allday.Fucking tranneys broke firefox fuck firefox. Pol alway write.

Kek, you mean people aren't using Debian Stable?

Nobody actually uses Linux on Jow Forums

how can I install icecat in windows?

Firefox. Go to about:config and set xpinstall.signatures.required to false. Then set app.normandy.enabled to false too because fuck give them a back door they don't need and don't deserve.

What the fuck, why did they just fucking perma disable all my extensions? I didn't even get an update or anything

It affects everyone regardless of the browser version.
Just turn the requirements for signatures off in about:config.

umm sweety

>waterfox just giving me unlimited captchas
>try firefox, a slightly older version
>suddenly tells me le ublock doesn't work any more out of fucking nowhere
hfpa9w8ehfpAYFGPAWE8HGPAEW8HGIHA

I JUST WANT TO LIVE FREE

How do I undo that stupid googleapis jewish kike nigger shit i just installed out of desperation i know moot is spying on me RIGHT NOW because of it.

>Tried basilisk
>Constant full on freezing and not responding
>Trying palemoon right now
>"k seems pretty good"
>Constantly freezing every ten seconds
send help I hate having to constantly start over like this.

VM doesn't count

All of firefox is compromised. Fuck firefox and fuck mozilla.

Attached: 33.jpg (601x601, 36K)

storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/[email protected]

fix signed by mozilla without the telemetry crap

Attached: 1556878644780.jpg (640x480, 40K)

Thank you

I'm curious, if it's a certificate issue, why not just address that?

Setting signatures required to false didn't work, gonna wait for confirmation on

>implying any of those things are bad
fuck off redditor scum

What do I do this file?

this shit doesn't work on my machine

They fixed it yet?

open in new tab, refresh so it can see it, and install
That said: I'm still not sure where this came from or what it does and most of all: How to uninstall it. I think it's a carbon copy of the one released by Mozille studies, but I'm not sure.

Fix this shit reeeeeeeeee

Oh, it's just an addon that injects a new cert. You can remove it in your profiles folder.
My mistake, paranoia was unjustified

>I think it's a carbon copy of the one released by Mozille studies, but I'm not sure.
That's the legit URL from Mozilla.
I don't know why you wouldn't trust an anonymous user in a Cambodian finger painting forum, but you can follow these steps and get it manually
shysecurity.com/post/20190504-Manually Fix Firefox Addons

Why is the addons shit not fixed yet?

Tranny devs too busy dilating

> blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

Samuel Vuorela gib me the best answer.

Don't forget to set " xpinstall.signatures.required" to false.

Attached: 1474604386518.jpg (200x252, 10K)

>literally don't use the computer all day because of this shit
>come home at 8 pm
>it's still not fixed

Attached: radius.jpg (839x474, 21K)

I disabled it and it's doing fucking nothing

The addons are back for me.
Don't forget to activate studies because they roll out the fix over that.

Sleipnir

Attached: 123575167bb.png (630x630, 359K)

>only trannies, pedos, sjws and tinfoil autists use firefox
(un)ironically you named most of Jow Forums anons

Attached: smug anime girls.jpg (320x320, 23K)

My shit is back bois, enable studies and disable it once your stuff returns

Are you on windows? It works for me on 3 linux computers
Dont ask too many questions goy just enable telemetry and studies :)

>do malwarebytes scan
>it quarantines a mozille file
>some bing adware shit
Well I caved in and enabled studies. I didn't want to but fuck.

The update logic will disabled any add-on whose certificate has expired until it is manually reinstalled
Still, the hotfix was a fix easily doable and tested within an hour, it took them 10 hours to push it out and there's no real fix yet

What's studies? And why should I do anything about it

It doesn't work on Mozilla's stable build, only on some distro builds (like Ubuntu/Debian) or on the other channels (Dev,nightly)

I've had studies enabled for the past 3 hours with no change. I hope your happy, mozilla devs.

When I enabled studies it brought all my extensions back almost instantly. Still a little freaked out by the Bing PUP but it's probably nothing.

It can take up to 6 hours for Fx to check for studies, you're better off disabling then and installing the fix manually

>Setting signatures required to false didn't work
If you used gentoo this wouldn't have been a problem

more like shitfox
more like enablethatbackdoorforhotfixfox
more like spyonyoufox

>enable that backdoor, it's totally safe

fuck off shill

This doesn't seem to work
Anything I have to do after setting the key to false?

Attached: ss (2019-05-05 at 02.44.37).png (1129x711, 115K)

Obligatory alternatives post, you're welcome

Attached: Browsers.jpg (1274x2802, 1.87M)

>top tier
>based on chrome

who are you trying to fool?

Open browser console with ctrl-shift-J
Paste and enter

// Re-enable *all* extensions

async function set_addons_as_signed() {
Components.utils.import("resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIDatabase.jsm");
Components.utils.import("resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm");
let addons = await XPIDatabase.getAddonList(a => true);

for (let addon of addons) {
// The add-on might have vanished, we'll catch that on the next startup
if (!addon._sourceBundle.exists())
continue;

if( addon.signedState != AddonManager.SIGNEDSTATE_UNKNOWN )
continue;

addon.signedState = AddonManager.SIGNEDSTATE_NOT_REQUIRED;
AddonManagerPrivate.callAddonListeners("onPropertyChanged",
addon.wrapper,
["signedState"]);

await XPIDatabase.updateAddonDisabledState(addon);

}
XPIDatabase.saveChanges();
}

set_addons_as_signed();

If you can't type, set

devtools.chrome.enabled

to true in about:config.

>It can take up to 6 hours
The fuck? So firefox can already force updates on its users but make a bug fix roll out this slowly?

this

based

Just enable studies and reboot Firefox, nigger. Your extensions should be activated already.

What's wrong with Chrome?
I can understand having an objection to normal chrome but ungoogled chromium has all the google shit neutralized

I did that the first time, dummy. Seems I'm just an unlucky fuck who has to wait the 6 hours.

>has all the google shit neutralized
sure it has

Studies/Normandy isn't designed to push out updates, but to perform data collection when small changes are introduced, this isn't critical at all so the 6 hour window it's perfectly fine
I believe they abused the system like this because they can't get a proper fix to work on normal builds, and probably to reduce load on their update infrastructure since pretty much the entire userbase needs to update
They had already abused studies/normandy in the past when they pushed the Looking Glass malware on unsuspecting users
Lots of people disabled studies after that, some bright fella probably thought it would be a good idea to push it like this because people would forget to disable it again, I believe this might be the case since the manual fix was posted by third parties and not by anyone from Mozilla, it has never even been mentioned by them
They didn't disable studies that were going on too, and installed studies don't get deactivated after disabling studies, you need to manually remove them
Rebooting doesn't warrant a studies update, you need to edit the normandy first run flag for that

So I guess there is no debotnetting chromium in your eyes, no matter what is done?

exactly, anything with chrom in it, stay away

tinfoil autism my man. there's no known cure.

Isn't Chromium missing some codec which makes a lot of shit not play properly?

the problem with this approach is that there is no way to tell if a piece of software made to be compromised in the first place is ever truly uncompromised. Even if you remove all of the parts that you recognize as being made to infiltrate your system, do you still trust it?
It's the file-downloaded-from-limewire question of "I removed the trojan found in this game I wanted to play, my antivirus and another antivirus says that it's clean. do I trust it to be clean?"

I don't necessarily agree with all the selections, but I'm posting it because it displays all the alternatives in one place. Personally, I switched to Palemoon back when the first FF UI change happened, then I switched back about two years ago because I was tired of installing old plugins and having laggy/crashing performance on dynamic webpages (I think flash support was the issue, don't remember). After this debacle, looks like I'll be back on PM for a while until FF figures their shit out. Not going to go Chrome and join the botnet and I share your suspicion on ungoogled chromium, but god damn FF needs to get it together or I'll seriously be considering a different daily.

P.S. - To get a flavor of the kind of issues I face with Palemoon, captcha falls back to some old shit where you have to copy paste a long text code into a box after completing it. It does work, it's just not optimal.

i'm the user that posted it in a different thread
it shows up in about:studies after you install it

trannies, pedos, sjws and tinfoil autists website

and in addition

>I'm still not sure where this came from
thats the same xpi that mozilla otherwise injects to you via the telemetry crap (that's why they want you to enable it).. installing it directly skips the "just sign up for telemetry user, why did you even disable it in the first place" step

damn u stupid g-tards
just turn xpinstall.signatures.required to false

The certificate is one that sits on your local machine when you install Firefox. It's not as simple as updating a webserver's cert and restarting it, they have to deploy a fix to every single user of Firefox.

I can see your point if chromium was a complete and utter black box but it’s not, it is open source and any elements that are not can always be replaced which is what ungoogled chromium does

Imagine waiting for a fix like a cuck instead of finding a browser that actually works

Doesn't work on Firefox stable builds from Mozilla

wtf just happened to my browser everything is messed up and I cant click on things.

they are working again! based firefox

still cant install shit though

Attached: nope.png (800x69, 3K)

Firefox

>based firefox
yeah they fixed their fuck up. how based.

Here.

It's working fine on Win7 x64, Firefox 66.03

Attached: 1474495834663.jpg (600x720, 79K)

it's not fixed, that user is full of shit

good for you but its not working for me and im using the same

Yeah I was being a bit... ironic, but I'm glad extensions are working again

You probably got the studies hotfix

get baited idiot