Browsers

Yes, another one. Essentially every browser available is either based on Chrome, or Firefox and the all their forks that promote privacy actually still track you and sell your data.

So the question is, if everything is shit and their is no clear cut better browser, what the fuck do you use?

Chrome undeniably has better performance than Firefox, but it's a botnet. Firefox is FOSS, but has shit performance and constant questionable decisions. Without shitting on the another browser can you explain why you choose the poison that you do?

Attached: Vvx5oU3.jpg (800x543, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vES6BjK0xHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm at a loss.

IE/Edge is poo. Safari is super poo. Opera is blah. Chrome is a hog and I don't like the layout. FF just broke the thing that makes it good.

I use to use FF forks, but I haven't for years. Not sure if there is one that has good extension compatibility and the new look where the menus are minimal so you get more viewing space.

palemoon
waterfox
links2

I say we just start naming and downloading forks and posting results. Presently trying seamonkey, waterfox, and palemoon. Waterfox is the only one with a modern minimal look though. Seamonkey modern look mode was 90s Netscape, was a little surprised and had good memories, but not using that. Maybe these have skins.

>Waterfox is the only one with a modern minimal look though.
try the white moon theme

Attached: Screenshot-2019-05-04_22-46-03.png (1366x768, 136K)

Where does chrome have better Performance? I use both on a daily basis and they are eqaul in terms of Performance

I shall try that.

Running into an issue with waterfox. Noscript and Tab Image Saver aren't working and those are fairly useful.

>Noscript
Ublock and nmatrix

THE ABSOLUTE
GODDAMNED
FUCKING
STATE
OF SOFTWARE

FUCKING HELL

well you'd have to be a massive dicksucker to prefer some material looking crap over a nice old theme

>chrome reskin
With Turbo and Free VPN + it only weight ~200 MB
It also has Video Pop-Up, Mouse Gesture

Thank you. I'll give those a try. I think Bazzacuda still works so tab saver may not be needed anyway.

I prefer having the majority of my screen used for the thing I'm looking at, not just back and forward buttons for grandma.

>my web browser is ONLY two hundred million bytes!

>So the question is, if everything is shit and their is no clear cut better browser, what the fuck do you use?

some years ago, I got angry and decided to try alot of browsers, testing an browser for at least one week

tried:
ie
firefox
chrome
palemoon
seamonkey
opera
dillo
Maxthon
flock
Midori
vivaldi
Links
torch browser
Dont remember if I tried Waterfox

Now I use brave browser and if I am at ultra slow pc, I use vivaldi

switch it to little buttons or get a tiny theme

>Midori
how yould they fuck up so hard

falkon and k-meleon and seamonkey are the best browsers but don't expect every single webpage to be compatible with them

Since I still use windows xp I am using IE 7 aka the best browser since IE 6, which was amazing until fucking firefox came around and blew everythin up.

Internet Browsers died with Opera Presto, we're since living the dark ages.

you know you want to

Attached: modern_solution.png (486x291, 94K)

PS: everything sucked, brave browser suck less.

>>Midori
>how yould they fuck up so hard
There was an browser that I had to make an exception and stop using after day 3, because it crashed as hell. if I remember it was midori

forgot to include avant and lunascape

my niggas

yeah, i really want the chep chinese imitation of google chrome
literelly

The fucking point is, a fucking CHROME is fucking 500 (FIVE FUCKING HUNDRED)

Dissenter

IceCat or Firefox is still the least bad. As far as I'm aware, it's the only thing that both supports uBlock Origin and uMatrix while also not being Chromium-based.

Pale Moon and Waterfox are impossible to trust because they're essentially one-man shows that have to keep up with security issues, and Waterfox is going to break the only thing it uses to sell itself (Legacy addon compatibility) once it rebases onto Firefox 68. IceCat aside, I'm not aware of any Firefox forks that are worth even trying.

redpill me on vivaldi

any opinions on iridium?

The reason is that the entire premise of a web browser is inherently broken because the web itself is broken. It's being used in a way that it was never designed to be used, so all of these browsers have to become incredibly shitty pseudo operating systems.

The whole shits borked

>now I use "chrome" browser and if I am at ultra slow pc, I use "chrome"
This makes no sense, dude. They are the same.

>vivaldi = chrome with a gay skin
>brave = chrome with adblocker and https everywhere installed

suffers UI lag that increases with every tab open

has the nice feature of vertical tabs

not exactly a redpill, mr bond, but it's basicly chrome for autists, it has over9000 fucking options that you have to customize for the browser to be usable
other problems are: it claims to be foss, yet their ui is closed source, and it still uses chromium for backend, so supposedly you still are getting fucked by google

we need some big cunts like google to lead the charge in changing to a new not-web standard

Google has no interest in doing anything that doesn't increase their profits. It's also quite rare that the things that make them money line up with the best interests of ordinary users.

Trying some alternatives and non stop check your connection message when trying to install addons or even legacy versions of addons.

Fuck me I miss early 2000s where chromium was for fast, firefox for features, and IE if you were retarded and old. Forks were for performance tweaks and special features if you wanted them.

I mean god damn I just want something reliable that doesn't need a Threadripper and supports some security/adwareblock addons and some image/page savers.

I don't want to spend a weekend brow beating some alternate browser into being what is needed. This is just pants.

>lmao
lmao

>Chrome undeniably has better performance than Firefox, but it's a botnet.
that's what ungoogled chromium is for

I'm using Waterfox because I can set it up the way I want. Happy now?

Even if google tries, if the other vendors don't follow then it's pointless. Also they own like 60% browser market share, I doubt they're gonna give up that golden goose.

waterfox/palememe/qute

Might as well use the new MS chromium clone when it's stable.
Out of the tech companies MS isn't the worst one.

my eyes!

Attached: Screenshot.png (1600x869, 145K)

Should I fall for pic related?
First of all, falcons are badass, much cooler, than muh chromium, and muh firefox.
Second, logo looks cool.
Third, it uses QT, superior toolkit

Nice in principle, but it does not keep up with chromium security updates very well. If you are able to compile it, Ungoogled Chromium is a better option.

Attached: 800px-Falkon_3.0.0.png (800x574, 68K)

>Waterfox is the only one with a modern minimal look though.
Completely wrong.

12.16 is the last good one iirc
or is it 11.18
i miss old opera lol
based
also polarity
i like falkon minus the ktr

>based
No, that was a question.
Should I fall for it? And how can I integrate it into google password botnet easily?

If I have umatrix should I get Ublock Orgin as well? Also is NoScript even worth it now with umatrix?

This im about to switch from firefox if it has 3 months of public usage

Of the ones I mentioned with their default looks. That statement is 100% accurate.

You can feel otherwise but you would be wrong.

>If I have umatrix should I get Ublock Orgin as well?

Yes, it's a bit belt-and-suspenders, but doesn't hurt.

>Also is NoScript even worth it now with umatrix?

I think this is a personal preference thing, but either will do the job (again, with Ublock Origin as well). Try one, then the other, and see how they work for you.

only fags like modern skins

Ungoogled Chromium and Icecat. Brave if you like cock in your ass and are too much of a brainlet to set your shit up.

Impressive tabs and bookmarks you got there, pal.

What would be essential plugins
-Ublock Origin
-Umatrix
-https everywhere
-noscript
-privacbadger

These good?

stop bitching and use firefox, works on my machine

Doesn't the fact that they're all "free" imply that they have to fuck you over in some way? Like I considered brave but like what the hell is their business model?

Can anybody help a retard out and tell me what security and anonimity addons I should use with Palemoon or rather which one are available?

Just switched from Firefox to Edge Dev (the Chromium based thing) and it's fine? Every extension I had in Firefox is available, it's fast as shit and is customisable enough for my needs. Dark theme can be enabled through flags. Wasn't happy with Opera, will never touch Google shit and Firefox just made my shit list with this extension fiasco. I'll stick with this until it breaks I guess.

Brave is alright.

Attached: 2019-05-04-162532_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 200K)

ui in edge is gigantically overblown, menus and other right click options take up half the screen

Oh yeah, they are pretty big. I'm on a 1440p screen right now but that might actually be a deal breaker on my lower res laptop and work machine.

Enjoy your crypto miners

Even after this whole mess, Firefox is still the best web browser.

Just like a wife beater is the best for you, you dumb whore

The first two are unironically swapped

Give 1 valid reason why Safari is "LOL"

post larvae from your neckbeard

You don't need uMatrix AND NoScript. Pick one.

Or people with shit to do. Get a mouse with side buttons grandma.

You don't need Ublock Origin AND uMatrix. Pick one.

You don't need uMatrix AND noscript. Pick one.

You don't need privacbadger AND noscript. Pick one.

Does qutebrowser have any privacy issues?

i've used opera since before chrome existed. it has changed a lot but i've stuck with it. i've never used chrome so not sure what is similar about them.

never heard of it but judging by the name, you are fucked

yandex browser is the best parts of chrome, firefox-esr, firefox quantum, and opera ripped together
best user experience

Just use Otter, it's some sort of revival of old Opera before it went to shit.

Does anyone know how to disable that retarded side panel in Vivaldi? Or at least how to move the downloads button to the toolbar?

Attached: 1532517797253.png (1024x1024, 57K)

F4

I don't want to just hide it, I want to completely eradicate that shit because as it is now if I download anything, that side panel shows up even if it hidden and then stays unhidden.

>If I download anything, side panel shows up
It doesn't do that for me. Not sure how I managed to get it like that

How do you manage your downloads then? Do you have a toolbar somehow?

What are good android mobile browsers? I'm already using Browser NBPro.

use an older version of firefox, never update. wow so hard

Firefox is open source and gets money from donations
Safari (WebKit) is open source and gets money from expensive products
The rest are botnet as shit

Absolutely nothing is really free user.

I get this kind of pop-up in top middle of the screen

Attached: 192581905810.png (601x282, 498K)

That's the best one

>Safari: LOL
I assume Safari is the only viable option out of this list, then, since the author couldn't be bothered to think of any legitimate reasons not to use it other than a simple and vague "LOL."
And outside of webms, I can't think of a good reason not to use Safari, either, other than the user not using macOS.

Also,
>no other options
Whoever made this image is the ultimate newfag.

>sukebe
tits or asses?

Probably ass, small tits can be cute. None existing ass rarely

Attached: 1541180929972.png (657x527, 38K)

Okay but when it's downloaded how do you open the file from the browser (if you miss the notification thingy in the corner). I also liked that in Firefox you can drag files from the downloads list and drop in any file picker field like the Jow Forums reply window which saves a lot of time.

try netsurf

youtube.com/watch?v=vES6BjK0xHY

I never open files from browser

You're right it's actually just sad

beggars belief that this is the state of browsers in 2019