Was this done on purpose?

Is the current FF "debacle" really just collusion with alphabet agencies to compromise or infiltrate browser security and functionality?

Attached: 1200px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/about/editors/richard-lawler/
wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Normandy/PreferenceRollout
basilisk-browser.org/
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html
storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/[email protected]
github.com/mozilla/normandy/pull/1697
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no go- guy, of course not

Nothing to see here, goy.

Attached: really-makes-you-think.png (1200x558, 206K)

>"former"

>was gonna make a shitpost about how this was all a secret Google operation to finally wipe out their main competitor
>see this

>no source
Really makes you think.

Then it's too late, we're all fucked and it doesn't matter anyways.

>former google
>forgot

FUCK.FUCKING.FIREFOX.
ALL MY FUCKING EXTENSIONS DISABLED, NO ALTERNATIVES, AL THOSE FUCKINGS ADS AND GLOW IN THE DARK NIGGERS TRACKING ALL I DO ONLINE.
FUCK YOU FIREJEW

once u find that even the japanese to unicode functions on firefox send telemetry data to mozilla u'll see how pointless your question is.

protip: usually googling the title of the article brings up source
if it doesn't the faggot f12'd it

>f12
were you expecting something else from damage controlling nu-mozillians?
engadget.com/about/editors/richard-lawler/
ofc its fake news

Maybe, maybe not, but one thing is certain. This whole ordeal shows that the next step above screwing the pooch is turning an animal shelter into a brothel.

I HATE FIREFOX 60.50.2esr AND EVERYBODY INVOLVED WITH IT FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: triggered pepe2.gif (447x415, 252K)

the worst is popups, like damn i forgot how annoying popups used to be

On desktop you can temporarily enable you'd add-ons by downloading the .xpi and going to about:debugging and loading the .xpi and clicking reload under the extension. But it only last for one browser session. Supposedly the nightly builds work. You can download the .xpi by right clicking on it from the add-ons page and clicking "save link as". But doesn't seem to work on mobile. What a fuck up

:^(

Is this real?

If people compare this to Manjaro it's a joke (which at the time was very much homespun)

How the hell has a company this big fucked up? How is it still not fixed? Why have the community not developed a better browser?

I seen a buncha threads about this hear allday.Fucking tranneys broke firefox fuck firefox. Pol alway write.

Works on my machine

>implying firefox is a competitor to chrome

As real as Mozilla's competence.

this just happened to me and now I see its been a problem for over a day, wtf is going on

Its a joke - it should have been rectified by now. The fact that it has not speaks volumes

Attached: 1551719316015.jpg (630x450, 82K)

Attached: 1541580143529.png (480x640, 535K)

HOW THE LITERAL FUCK DO I UNDO THAT PIECE OF FUCKING NIGGER SHIT """""""""""FIX"""""""""""""" I JUST PUT ONTO MY PC?

i swear to fucking christ i need to kill people

Niggers it will get fixed in a day. Switch to another browser and install the essentials. Chrome is better to post on Jow Forums anyway with the 4chanx extension

>there are people who think this is accidental
move on from firefox buckos

Attached: 1466832450963.png (523x523, 477K)

Almost certainly. Jewgle and Soros are the Mozilla Foundation’s biggest sponsors and supporters. Also you can’t even work there unless your a homosexual communist.

>Also you can’t even work there unless your a homosexual communist.

Or a man pretending to be a woman...
Or a woman pretending to be a man...
Or a dyke...
Or a randomly-made-up-sexual.

my theory:
this was done by a saboteur to make users move back to chrome to be re-botnetted

the fuck is this shit?

Attached: b5e925d1-27fe-4d75-a458-87c3328f56ee.png (886x899, 138K)

botnet

remote universal backdoor
>Normandy Pref Rollout is a feature that allows Mozilla to change the default value of a preference for a targeted set of users, without deploying an update to Firefox.
wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Normandy/PreferenceRollout

If think about it, it was because of dissenter.
Maybe the joos made dissenter so mozilla could crash and so they could stop adblocking and private browsing.

basilisk-browser.org/

Use and any sins for using sjw firecuck will be forgiven

You're all a bunch of fucking faggots. Just cause the certificate expired and caused the extensions to glitch and not work makes you all panic and act like its Armageddon. Just use Firefox Dev or an alternative browser and wait until they renew the certificate and the extensions will work again

Attached: whatthefuck.png (533x545, 525K)

Attached: istockphoto-491246605-612x612.jpg (588x612, 52K)

The whole point of firefox is that it is an open source browser where the user is in control. Why the fuck is this garbage in there?

>using the botnet 4chanx extension
Just use the userscript lmao

can you please stop dilating your axe wound and start fixing your piece of shit browser?

I'm not. But that's because I'm not a chrome shill working overtime to make as many people as I can feel betrayed and hated by mozzilla so they switch to chome without thinking things through so google can finally disable all ad blocking on the web rendering level.

Oh God

>The whole point of firefox is that it is an open source browser where the user is in control.
You have been lied to.
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html

Attached: 1541435768262.jpg (500x490, 48K)

FF is being subverted. SJWs agentur infiltrated mozilla and made it impossible for talented devs to stay there. Then the remaining saboteurs and legit retards keep rolling out bugs and performance issues until one day every sheep is on Chrome's corral.

CENTRAL TO OUR MISSION AT MOZZILA ARE INCLUSITIVITY AND DIVERSITY

THAT MEANS NO ADBLOCKERS GOY

script blockers aren't adblockers

moot destroying one company after another from the inside
he truly was /ourguy/

Kill yourself iridescent dea nigger

Mozilla devs literally call it armag-addon on bugzilla and they're seriously understanding the seriousness of the situation

>bro just switch those 1000+ machines you have to keep working for a day and install the essentials, everything will be fixed in a day broooo

That still has signature checking and the author uses it to ban you from installing extensions he dislikes

In the same way that AMD is a "competitor" to NVidia

Since Firefox is the controlled opposition browser I doubt it. Every single person working for Mozilla is funded by google (that's who funds Mozilla) and the directly cooperate with google to remove extensions enable silent tracking of users. They include google analytics ffs.
Was it a elaborate conspiracy plan because usage numbers went slightly up or was it the same incompetence, complete lack of awareness, and disregard for users that they've demonstrated over and over again.
Hmm...

oh my god. Why center justify paragraphs? Makes it retarded to read. Fix this, webmaster!!

Yes.

/thread

You cannot /thread your own post, newfriend.

Maybe google sabotage them

Since the official "fix" is to enable data collection, which still doesn't enable add-ons. You could say it's quite the big deal.

The internet unfiltered is 100x worse than watching commercial infested mainstream television.

>kill old addons
>implement addon signatures for "security"
>forget about its maintenance in just under a year
>again kill more legacy addons

Don't these retards realize that what made firefox great was the great addon library?

They didn't kill legacy addons, they killed all addons
The hotfix works for legacy addons, the permanent fix probably will if they ever get it working

Worst timeline

Just came back home and my extrensions are still gone, what happened in the last 9 hours?

Just download the patch manually
storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/[email protected]

This is the fix which is installed via their studies program (aka botnet aka Normandy), which you should have disabled.
See github.com/mozilla/normandy/pull/1697

You didn't run the console script is what happened

Attached: Capture.png (346x390, 21K)

I just did this:
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/
Then I restarted FF and changed the settings back. My add ons are functioning again. Is it fixed? I am a retard.

>This is the fix which is installed via their studies program (aka botnet aka Normandy), which you should have disabled.
This

DO NOT ENABLE USER STUDIES

INSTALL THE FIX MANUALLY

MOZILLA HAS REGULARLY PUSHED ADWARE THROUGH USER STUDIES JUST LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS FIASCO

>Is it fixed? I am a retard.
Not permanently, but if you're lucky it will work until Mozilla releases a proper fix

If they ever release a proper fix

Oh shit. I am botnet now?

Most probably yes
If you already got the fix disable user studies, then go into about:studies and click on remove on everything that doesn't say xpi at the start
There should be two studies remaining, no more

Every single thing alive or inanimate that brings you the slightest bit of pleasure will betray you in the worst possible way. The only reason we don't kill ourselves is delusion.

But I don't want firefox to know what do I do at night before going to sleep.

'''''''''''forgot''''''''''

Remove the top one?

Attached: Uh oh.png (1019x255, 60K)

Yes, and disable user studies

In Germany Firefox is 40% while Chrome is 55% of total desktop usage

Man, Fennec from F-Droid finally crapped out on me and I've known about this since yesterday. Why did it take this long to hit me?

Done. Only the xpi hotfix remains active, studies disabled. Thanks. Now I guess I wait for the proper certificate fix to roll out. What the fuck, Mozilla?

He has a rant about "freetardism" on another page. Read with skepticism.

Firefox checks for add-on updates (and thus the cert) every 12 hours iirc

I've known about this for over 24 hours now though and it only just now shat itself

It might check every 24 hours, tbqh idk, but you can easily fix it on Fennec by toggling a switch on about config
xpinstall.signatures.required[\code]
It's what you want to toggle to false/0

I have IceCat Mobile so I'd rather stick to that until an official update fixes it but thanks anyway. I've seen all the threads.

The xpinstall.signatures.required switch should work on IceCat
You might end up waiting a long time since IceCat people sometimes take their sweet time releasing updates, and since Mozilla trannies can't get a working build

Happened really late with Fennec, I thought it was immune.

Anyway the above fix worked.

IceCat is still unaffected, so is Waterfox on my PC.