Is @gmail the only acceptable email nowadays?

Is @gmail the only acceptable email nowadays?

I'm feeling weird telling people my @hotmail address when literally everyone I know has gmail

I don’t want to switch to the google botnet and there aren’t even any good options for my name/initials left to register

What do I do? Is @icloud acceptable ?

Attached: 0B867C77-2DA7-4CD3-B866-F1B573B645DF.jpg (1242x1998, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realnames.com/
cock.li/
tablix.org/~avian/blog/archives/2019/04/google_is_eating_our_mail/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

@mailbox.org

Stop being autistic about it

What the fuck is that

I don't see anything wrong with microsoft's e-mails. I use both gmail and live/hotmail accounts. I think you have some other issue (lack of confidence?) that's making you paranoid about it.

anything other than @yourown.com is unacceptable

i miss when gmail was invite only and you sounded like a cool guy for having one

mail.com

>not having a cock.li email address

I use ProtonMail

get your own domain. Something like [email protected]
It also makes switching providers easier. You don't have to go around changing email everywhere.

Seconding this

>not using your email address provided by your university
yikes

>still in university
Yuk

>what is alumni

@horsefucker is the only acceptable answer. Make your employer send email to that addy.

>Buying an EDU account from ebay and telling everyone you went to university.
Yikes

I have my own domain with my own email server. Works fine, except when Gmail decides I'm a spammer for a week or two.

>implying most unis dont cut the email within a year after you graduate

>not using @lastname

Attached: 1554729721767.jpg (480x478, 16K)

glad I don't go to a third world uni then, we get to keep our email and the unlimited google drive storage that comes with it :^)

What do you do when your last name is popular and thus taken?

Nowadays if you don't want to be some boomer, its @icloud, @outlook or bus.

use a subsection of your first name

firstna@melastname

Contact the webmaster

They literally don't

realnames.com/ is the webmaster.
They bought the name just to sell email.

I unironically use an @aol.com address for everything. I have it linked through gmailify and it works flawlessly.

@mac.com
@me.com
@icloud.com

long live apple!!

How about tuta nota?

Me too.
You also get a @pm.me email, which sounds less retarded when you're like telling your address on the phone than saying "protonmail".

I use mail.com since it has alot of short email adresses still awailable (3letter ones) and multiple domains

sdf.org

when people ask you just say it's the Super Defense Fortress Macross and that it's in orbit right above their heads with the rest of Trump's Space Force

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_olliebarder_files_2017_08_new_sdf1_macross-1200x750.jpg (960x600, 52K)

Graduated from a top 25 school in the US in 2009. They revoked our email 12 months after graduating.

>in the US
yikes

>Look at top 100 global universities
>60-70 are in the US
>same goes for hospitals

>not being American

Yikes indeed

>need to pay tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to attend (which requires asking Mr. Noseberg to grant you a loan)
>forced to live on campus in fucking bunkbeds like a literal 5-year-old
>forced to take meme classes like "holocaust"
>not even legally allowed to have a couple of americ*n pisswater beers without getting shot by police
>university invests all of its ressources on shit like the college football team
>end up spending 75% of your time being berated by rabid ameri-leftists for having a dick between your legs

ah yes

Looking at University IT is depressing. My wife's a math professor, and her school has moved from provider to provider for years and it sucks. In the old days different colleges or universities would make their own shit, like class registration software, library interfaces, etc. and share them with other institutions. Now everything is SAAS and the University IT costs have inflated to enormous, unsustainable levels.

How would you do that for free?
All services that can register on your own domain cost money - and setting up your own server is a bad idea because of common blacklisting

It's not like it is expensive, user

sdf.org is better that hosting your own easily blacklisted mail

nobody will ever blacklist sdf

Outlook.com is fine

Some people want a provider which doesn't explicitly admit they read their users mails.

Not all Universities are like this. Mine lets us keep the email for life

I use @icloud for all my professional stuff. No one asked why or seemed to think it was odd, but the reason is because my gmail is full of trash.
I have considered using an airmail.cc or similar but I'm afraid someone will recognize it. Which is kinda the point anyway right?
Just don't use @ymail, @mail, any other letter but gmail. It confuses people.
And get rid of you hotmail, this isn't 2005.

Why not use your own domain and create an e-mail adress on that ?
I use [email protected]
It looks a lot more professional and hosting+domain is dirt cheap (it costs me like 10 bucks a year).

If you want to look professional get your own domain. Otherwise no one gives a shit.

Although yes, hotmail is terrible and sounds bad. Its just that no one fucking cares what your email provider is.

Please, please stop being such an incel. Anything is fine unless it's a cock.li or some other ridiculous address. Literally no one cares what your fucking email address is.

SO GOOGLE IS OUT THEN

Worst of the ""privacy friendly"" email providers, pure botnet.

WHATS WORSE HOTMAIL OR YAHOO

YA HOO

@gmx

I have my own business .com domain and people have actually gotten confused because my address doesn't end in @gmail.com. We've reached a new generation of web normie that thinks that domain is literally = email.

i'm not a commoner so i don't have this problem

>I have my own business .com domain and people have actually gotten confused because my address doesn't end in @gmail.com.
That infuriated me, fuck you.

Attached: 1528852847970.jpg (1436x1598, 158K)

>WHATS UR GMAIL?

>implying i don't own nguyen.th

>not using gnaa.eu

outlook is known for not delivering mail so no it's very not okay

sdf
cock.li
protonmail

How do you still have your @hotmail? All of my accounts got deactivated years ago when MS moved everything to live.

Host your own MTA, you dumb fuck. Who knows, you might actually learn something.

>not using a @niggersinmyan.us address
It's like you don't even want to be respected.

No but seriously run your own domain.

whois niggersinmyan.us
No Data Found
whois niggerstonguemyan.us
No Data Found
WHAT?!

Is it even possible to run with domains like this these days? I would have thought registrars would block anything deemed offensive.

I have @. and it works perfectly for all family members.
No blacklisting has ever happened, but a real estate agent recently told me "email does not work unless the address ends in .com, sir!"

I switched to yandex years ago; some email servers still reject it as spam

Sorry my memory isn't very good.
You can, however choose from one of these fine domains at cock.li
cock.li/

Or

>cumallover.me
>dicksinhisan.us
>goat.si
>horsefucker.org
>nigge.rs
>hitler.rocks
>cocaine.ninja
>rape.lol
>nuke.africa

@tutanota.com

@live master race desu

it's the shortest one and my name begins with an L also so it's alliterative

For a while I just had one off one of my websites but then I was like - that's gay as fuck

lmao

retard.

What about outlook.com? It's MS botnet but it's the same botnet that owns hotmail.com. "Outlook" also looks acceptable on resumes and business communication. It's unpopular enough that I was able to get a fairly common word as a username.

Attached: 1528058140948.jpg (680x653, 52K)

Are you "dropping bombs on olympus mons" nguyen?

use a different TLD
>.lol

If you went to a sufficiently prestigious school you'd only use your alumni email. Fucking neets using Hotmail ...

Based
But I dont want to pay just to have IMAP/POP3 like any domain would do for free lol

>>cumallover.me

If some nigger blacklists my server then he clearly doesn't want or deserve to e-mail me.

>giving school full access to all personal emails
Why?

icloud is better privacy-wise than google, but protonmail is best

I use gmail for personal and own domain for business on M$ Exchange. Email is one of those annoying things I'll take the botnet cock for instead of having my emails spam filtered.

It's no secret google is bullying small hosting services out of business and it's impossible to maintain "compliance" for self-hosting these days. Anecdotal evidence: tablix.org/~avian/blog/archives/2019/04/google_is_eating_our_mail/

man fuck google

The retarded 80iq schizoposter is from Jow Forums, surprising to no one.

Attached: 1556260717113.gif (600x338, 1.94M)

I don't browse Jow Forums.

>1528058140948.jpg
you either got that particual merchant from Jow Forums (#207177797 or #207177797) or perhaps from Jow Forums(#6991807). Oh wait, I found an intel circle jerk thread too(#68441078). Either way, you are a retarded newfag.

You're the dumbass newfag here, kill yourself.

Attached: 1540102443915.png (1116x76, 34K)

Hash-based search

You god damned moron

Well none of these posts are mine.

I still have my hotmail account from '98.

I referenced thread IDs not posts

@compuserve.com

@lastname.name, @lastname.email or something different? org, net etc. and country code are not availlable and domain "hacks" are not possible.

"Yes it only took me 4 hours to setup my own email client because I'm too retarded to trust companies with basic personal information"

"Thank you for your application sir but we are currently not hiring at the moment."

That's how autistic you look when you don't have a Gmail address.

Is it actually possible to send email from a private domain without getting instantly spamfoldered?
Or can you SEO your site to make it seem legit, i.e. not like a filthy peasant competitor to gmail?
Oh, for the days when google wasn't the fucking stasi.

lastname.dev is the only acceptable choice here as a dev
otherwise lastname.com
anything else is too much

Why would they assume you did it yourself? As far as they know your personal website and email were commissioned. Basically every business has something like this, although it might be depersonalised a bit, e.g. [email protected].

I tried tuta but apparently google filters them to spam. Unless that was thunderbird when I did a test between my two mails.

This exactly is why we have these botnets google.