Furry fox is broken

>furry fox is broken
>ads left and right asking me to click on them
>can't do anything but occasionally go on Jow Forums then quickly close the browser
Someone help.

Attached: 1522254666791.png (591x716, 322K)

Other urls found in this thread:

luakit.github.io/
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/comment-page-1/
github.com/mozilla/normandy
phabricator.services.mozilla.com/D29940
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install the dev version and disable signature checks.

Attached: 1533210156014.png (1500x1500, 492K)

waterfox doesn't have this problem.

I seen a buncha threads about this hear allday.Fucking tranneys broke firefox fuck firefox. Pol alway write.

>Firefox Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Allow Firefox to install and run studies.
>You can disable studies again after your add-ons have been re-enabled

fixed my firefox

Come join us, user

Attached: Chrome.png (2000x2000, 207K)

Use a different (better) browser fagget

luakit.github.io/

HELP

Attached: wtf_foxfag.png (984x876, 105K)

So the solution is to opt back into that shit?

That is how Mozilla is temporarily pushing the fix. Once it is fixed you turn it back off. Read the whole thing fucking retard

See

>tfw mine weren't disabled until a few hours ago around 12am UTC and I thought I was safe

Attached: 1540034557939.gif (360x270, 3.24M)

this worked for me
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/comment-page-1/

ITS NOT FUCKING WORKING

my computer is broken so I can watch and laugh
ha

Found an easier solution.

Attached: byefagfox.png (984x876, 101K)

not going to take the botnet pill

Honestly it is my fault for not disabling updates. Oh well.

Attached: cuck_mode.png (931x961, 117K)

It's literally nothing to do with updates. Fucking hell, I thought people around here were supposed to know what they were doing.
It's also fixed.

I know how to break stuff, not how to fix it. And fuck firefox for giving me the last 10 years with no issues and all of a sudden I wake up today and have a minor inconvinience. That is unnacceptable.

It isn't fixed, there's a shitty hotfix that you can apply but the root of the problem is still not solved
Applying the hotfix I describe below takes less time than installing Chrome and all addons. Also Chrome is shit at least use unjewgled Chromium.
THE HOTFIX:
In settings, enable "Allow Firefox to send technical and interaction data to Mozilla" AND "Allow Firefox to install and run studies"
THEN go to about:config and set "app.normandy.run_interval_seconds" to 1. Then restart your browser and uncheck those two settings. Your extensions will all be working.

>still using firefox after their massive fuckups over the last 5 years

What the fuck is wrong with you retards? Firefox has been DOA for YEARS. The fact you still use it just means you're a Luddite retard.

What do you use? Genuinely curious.

Thanks. That fixed it. I went back and disabled app.normandy after that..

Depends what i'm doing, for normal web browsing usually canary.

>DOA for YEARS

Attached: 1523469377388.jpg (750x620, 40K)

in fact, I searched app.normandy and disabled all I could.

they've been making horrible development choices for awhile now, their latest bullshit with their tranny BS Mozilla foundation shit is just the icing on the cake that is years in the making.

I'd use qutebrowser but it currently has no support for addons, and the bookmarking system is too simple, you can't organize your bookmarks like a file system.
I want as little to do as possible with chrome.

Firefox and its derivatives are still the best option despite their fuckups.
I'll likely revert to waterfox or icecat temporarily.

That's fine but then definitely don't be talking down to those who use Firefox for privacy reasons, because it's literally impossible to not be tracked on chrome. (Ungoogled Chromium is great right now, but it's a fork so there's no guarantee it will be maintained for the indefinite future and it could also become extremely difficult/impossible to "ungoogle" chromium at some point.)

This is the trannies weak attempt at getting Normandy installed on everyones browser so they can do whatever they want. Set up a giant botnet and not they have command and control.

github.com/mozilla/normandy

Attached: 1491954829934.jpg (912x512, 174K)

lol, i'm not shitting on firefox for privacy reasons, just horrible development choices that are nonsensical and hinder future development of the browser in a meaningful way.

And that's fair, but there's definitely no better alternative when it comes to maximizing both privacy and features. Which is why many (not retarded) people use it.

I disagree, but alright.

Okay, so then what would be a better alternative which is at least equal in terms of privacy and features?

Yes, the extensions Firefox have are unmatched, even after being gimped by WebExtensions. And any other browser that uses Blink as its base will never match Firefox's extensions, since Blink itself has a lot of design decisions enforced purposefully for making extensions worse/only caring about what Google wants (not really blocking ads/just hiding them, preventing something like uMatrix from working, no vertical/tree tabs etc)

I'd argue canary since Firefox has moved away from supporting decent features to focus on their other bullshit, and it's just as privacy compromised as Chrome/canary at this point.

Well, sorry, but you're objectively wrong since Firefox with proper tweaks can be tested with a tool such as MITMproxy and shown not to make an non-user requests. This is also true with a browser like ungoogled chromium, but I also mentioned why I don't prefer that. This is most certainly not true with Chrome or any release of Chrome. The only correct answer to my question was ungoogled chromium.

How can I use the fix without consenting studies?
I've seen anons who have done that

Install the developer browser and disable signature checking on addons.

You can download and install the new intermediate certificate yourself. To do this copy the certificate from here (at the bottom of the page): phabricator.services.mozilla.com/D29940
and save it as ".pem". Then open Firefox and go to Settings, search for "Certificates" and then select "view Certificates". Click import and add the new certificate and you're all set.

How are so many of you still fucked by this? Firefox fucked my ublock over 24 hours ago and I fixed it with five minutes of googling. Have you guys not used your computer for the past day and are bitching on Jow Forums instead of fixing it?

so

Attached: 1470290628794.jpg (640x640, 78K)

I copy the part starting with MIIHLTCCBR[...] and import it under personal certificates?
Thanks

Yeah but you have to save it as a file first. SO paste it in a text editor and save it as "intermediate.pem" or "anything.pem". Then you can import it.

Thanks again

>leaving one botnet for another

Attached: disgruntled pepe.jpg (1337x1289, 63K)