>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: ppow.jpg (1080x1080, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3ik3jz/guide_how_to_remove_taihaos_nano_antibiosis/
kprepublic.com/products/pbt-doubleshot-keycaps-cherry-profile-carbon-colorway-for-ansi-104-mechanical-keyboard-beige-orange-grey-for-cherry-3494-3000?variant=1866397941804
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I get that reference.

First for Leopold FC660C is the best keyboard.

Attached: 1556906075741.jpg (800x1200, 205K)

who cares about some cheap rubber dome keyboard
everyone really knows that super clicky hall effect switches are the best and if you're too poor for them, then don't even bother spending money on a mid range keyboard and just stick to shitty rubber domes like topres

fourth for my ducky shine 6 with silvers is my favourite keyboard

5th for more POM keysets please

The mini USB-B port broke on my TADA68. Any chance I can just remove the broken one and replace it with a new one or should I just scrap the entire board for parts?

Attached: IMG_20190504_194026.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

Soon™

Attached: novelpro.png (1920x878, 1.23M)

where

they only have 5 pins plus the 4 on the side so replacing it easy if you have a good soldering iron and some wick

Novelkeys, eventually.

Hoping for some more interesting colorways, but yeah this is very promising.

From all the parts that require soldering, this might be the easiest to replace.

even with that plate there?

might be a bit tricky, but no problem if you are carefull enough.

Attached: todays keyboard.jpg (2400x1600, 1.38M)

does an 82 key mechanical keyboard with red switches that isn't backlit exist?

what layout is 82 keys?

Question for the person building those Georgi keyboards:

I was wondering if the buttons are programmable in any of the modes?

You know you can just turn off the backlight?

But then it wouldn't be as easy to see the keys when I need to compared to if it were a regular white text on black keys, or backlit, which I don't want cause the keyboard I'm sending back had coil whine when it was backlit and I'd rather not take the chance of that happening again.

then just learn how to type. even my 10 year old brother knows how to touch type.

75% I think

Based poster.
>His post made me buy one
>Literally every review tells you that you are dumb to not buy it

I know how to type. I mean if it's a key I don't usually press when typing regularly and especially if I'm in the dark, I have to look down.

It does if you build a KBD75 yourself and don't put LEDs in it

Attached: Kyuu_002.jpg (1504x2016, 406K)

Attached: image0.jpg (4032x3024, 660K)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB

nice keeb tho

Hmm

Attached: Screenshot_20190505-042627__01.jpg (1080x467, 65K)

Hmm x2

Attached: PoyU0k9.png (700x723, 76K)

Wait what? As in kbdfans aren't going to make more T1s? If so I guess I should buy them while I still can.

>mfw every second custom built keeb has a glowing plastic bottom
And people make fun of RGB gaymen shit.

Attached: image0.jpg (1656x1242, 253K)

Attached: p1fvgl6jen111.jpg (6000x4000, 1.77M)

Attached: mBnbW4Y.jpg (6016x4000, 2.33M)

Guess this explains why the T1s are no longer up on kbdfans' site.

Attached: N4MROo7.png (1080x1920, 300K)

Why do people hate on mx browns so much? I have been using one since many years and I like it. Did I just get used to it?

> 75% / TKL / Full but compact
> Type C connector
> QMK
> Some kind of backlit
> Aluminium case
> Hot swappable switches

Does something like that exists?

I have them and clears and the browns I am always hitting keys by accident on just resting my hand I feel like.

Maybe you just got used to them. Have you tried other "better" tactile switches? My first board had browns, and I didn't have a problem with them until I tried clears (much more tactile) which I later modded to lubed ergo clears, which for me are just better in every way.

After trying other tactile switches (zealios, halo clears, gateron browns) I realised that MX browns suffer from being either not tactile enough, or much scratchier than the alternatives.

As a comparison, the gateron browns are the same weight and about the same tactility, but are much smoother, which means you can feel the bump in a more pronounced way. The MX browns are just not smooth enough for the small bump to stand out in a meaningful way.

How do you define compact? If you're going to carry it around I recommend against an aluminum case, shit's heavy.

"Compact" as the FC980M

Backlighting is for chumps and so is hotswap.

Attached: ZomboDroid 05052019032152.jpg (3840x4800, 1.93M)

Beware of the Zealjew™

The "Drop" shift satisfies all of your requirements, but the grey low profile case with the classic 1800 layout makes it probably the ugliest keyboard I've ever seen

What about but with no aluminium case?

I RECOGNIZE THAT AHEGAO!

Which 75% keyboards don't make backlight noise / coil whine, or at least nearly inaudible with good hearing?

Best linear switch?
Getting tired of my Navies and wanna try something new.

Zeal is going to pursue legal action against Wei, you should pray hard. Everything kbdfans could disappear very soon

>Suing a chink for copying things
Good. Fucking. Luck.

Zeal is gonna break his bank by trying that.

Why do you think he pulled the T1s? Shit is going down in China, we just don't see it yet

Vintage/retooled MX Black lubed with Krytox 205g0, Gateron linears in weight of choice lubed with the same.
>Everything kbdfans could disappear very soon
And nothing of value will be lost.
Zeal is China as well.

Attached: image0.jpg (1366x913, 191K)

>wahh people are copying my copied product
grow up

Attached: zu19ynh139u21.jpg (7645x5101, 2.29M)

>no meta key

Yes, so very useful.

Any Gateron Yellow users here?
I like my Box Blacks but find them a little too heavy for extended typing sessions
How's the Yellow weighting feel? More on the side of Backs or Reds?

What's your opinion on the Cherry MX Board 3.0?

Attached: 72F7CCAB-FD04-4E8E-A4D8-8BD286518362.jpg (1000x492, 53K)

forever best mechanical keyboard

Attached: happy_hacking_keyboard_professional_2_type_s.jpg (949x357, 92K)

Closer to Reds. Also please remove box switches from your life.

Hmm I could do with something closer to Blacks ideally, Tealios maybe?
My Box Blacks feel identical to Gateron Blacks but without the wobble
Box Burnt Orange are very underwhelming though, would not recommend

Tealios are just Gaterons that are more expensive and sound worse. There's a range of Gateron switches in different weights from 30g to 60g on Novelkeys.
Also, Box switches have zero modding potential. They actively reject lube, there are no widely available spring replacements, and they sound bad.

Which discord is it?

Using old box switches daily without issue, just don't buy shitty ABS

Don't forget tactile gateron clears that were also killed off

>lubed blacks

Attached: -.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Just stop being poor

Looks like the one linked to plebbit

Ugly as sin.

Cringe
The cash makes you look white trash tier

I give up.. I've been looking all over the web for a new kb and can't find any that tick all of my boxes.

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction for the following:

>Budget
< $300
>Location (continent at least)
Europe
>Preferred switch type
Kailh red
>Layout
doesn't matter
>Form factor
80%
>Backlight
only to see the keys in the dark
>Previous/current keyboards
KeyCool 84, so preferably that layout but low profile

No ISO languages are represented, so pass.

Rumors on the Internet abound that Cherry makes good switches but Cherry doesn't make good keyboards.
I cannot speak from first-hand info here. I prefer to use the hot-swappable GMMK board instead.

Get a GMMK 75% board in either ANSI or ISO layouts and stick your own switches and keycaps in it.
This is about as difficult as sticking two LEGO bricks together.

Should I bother with fixing clicky switches that lost their click or should I just buy some spare switches and solder them in.

You can attempt a repair if you want. The switch is already busted, so it's not like you are going to make it any worse. Pull off the keycap, then pull off the upper housing of the switch. See if you can find the problem.

Worst case, you find someone willing to sell you a few new switches and do the repair once they arrive.

>Kailh red
why? those switches are garbage. they manage to be scratchier and wobblier then cherry reds. get gateron reds instead

>>only to see the keys in the dark
what are ya 12?

Kailh BOX White are another fine choice of clicky switch.

Wait what, I thought you could order new switches in any amount you wanted? Do they only sell 50 packs or something?

you can

If I order something from kbdfans to Europe, how much shipping and customs should I expect?

Are Tai Hao PBT keycaps good?

not really. they have this nasty sticky coating on them, and if you try and remove it with some strong cleaning products you may dissolve the ABS infill by accident

They're thin but it's still PBT.

if you can get them for cheap then yeah, just remove that awful coating, but don't use acetone as that will dissolve the ABS
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3ik3jz/guide_how_to_remove_taihaos_nano_antibiosis/

>nano antibiosis
wot

Do you know if there's anything better for the price (~50$)?

Yeah, you can get real doubleshot PBT from places like Aliexpress or KPrepublic
there are cheaper sets, but I like the carbon colorway so I bought this
kprepublic.com/products/pbt-doubleshot-keycaps-cherry-profile-carbon-colorway-for-ansi-104-mechanical-keyboard-beige-orange-grey-for-cherry-3494-3000?variant=1866397941804

ok can somebody explain to me how that layout is practical? i use arrow keys all the time, how are they replaced here, are they situated on a seperate layer on the wasd keys? it doesn't make any sense, really.

If your autism level is high enough you can just communicate with the keyboard and it will switch layers for you automatically

Attached: RMS-HHKB.jpg (500x375, 123K)

Using a HHKB with an OLPC is like wearing $100 socks with $5 slippers.

but if those slippers respect my freedums then it's worth it

The Carbon colors are indeed beautiful. I've got a set from that Taiwanese keycap manufacturer.

Nice walkman aesthetic.

Attached: sony-ericsson-w350a-walkman-phone.jpg (300x374, 19K)

link?

I bought them from CandyKeys, but you can probably find them anywhere you like by searching for: Tai-Hao Carbon Keycap Set

real talk: why don't they make more keyboards that use clear cherries?
they're clicky and quiet, the best combination