I've known I wanted to code since highschool. The fact of the matter is I couldn't stand teaching myself how to code...

I've known I wanted to code since highschool. The fact of the matter is I couldn't stand teaching myself how to code. So, 5 years later the start of 2019, I took out a steep loan to take a chance at attending a coding bootcamp. Little did I know how hard it was, and was struggling through the entire course. I found myself copying and pasting code from previous projects and would make minor adjustments to fit the needs of the current project.

Anyways, by the end of it, I still have projects that are due and soon I won't be considered a graduate without finishing the projects. I want to, but it's hard and confusing and not being in the classroom to ask my teacher for help. I'm basically seeing my grave.

Now that I'm not a graduate, I'm extremely into debt without a job. I find myself regretting the entire thing. If anything I wished I had kept my old job to attend the bootcamp over online. Part time.

It would have given me the opportunity to fully sink in what I'm being taught meanwhile having cash in my hands to pay my bills.

I'm lost for words because I feel like I have failed everyone, most importantly my spouse.

I'm asking for help, advice, tips. Anything, because I'm slowly becoming depressed about this whole situation

Attached: 1522887226039.jpg (793x786, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

owp.csus.edu/courses/drinking-water.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How much time do you have to turn in the projects? What language are they in? Maybe you can try to fill in the gaps in your understanding with some help from the daily programming thread here. It's good you have realized there is a problem. Now you just need to think about what to do next.

Dunno what to tell you user, there are hundreds of free resources online that teach you how to brogram. But the thing is, you have to decide you want to learn, and actually take it in and practice. Its not like any other thing you can just memorize

>loan to attend a coding bootcamp
YOU FUCKED UP
YOU FUCKED UP
YOU FUCKED UP

But this can still be fixed user. First, start looking at youtube tutorials to build simple websites. Then go on to build simple games. While doing that, start making small programs that run in the terminal. Keep improving little by little and track all of your progress on a gitlab or something.

None of this costs money. Just time and dedication.

Attached: 1556640347027.png (1024x1024, 599K)

kek you don't have to spend any money to learn how to program. What kind of projects do you have to do?

dumb pajeet

>I found myself copying and pasting code from previous projects and would make minor adjustments to fit the needs of the current project.

This is normal

This is completely irrelevant to coding, but consider being a Water Operator if you need money but have no other skills. The material is easy to learn and pretty chill as a job.

owp.csus.edu/courses/drinking-water.php

Boring career but it pays well and they're needed all over the world (otherwise you wouldn't have any clean drinking water). The A licensed operator/programmer we have here pulls ~70k/year adjusting the machines from his computer.

This is copied from r/cscareerquestions

Just go on youtube and search tutorials lmao

this. you need to be honest with yourself, and about your deadlines. discipline is very welcome if you want to finish in time too

haha fag

J is this you

Lol, anything before 30 can be a do over. No worries.

lol females

Attached: 1449393853574.jpg (1080x1059, 164K)

if you really wanted to code you would have been able to learn it by now on your own.

I saw this on reddit too :)

>large loan
>for a coding bootcamp
actually, fuck it. I'll make this a broad statement. NEVER take out a loan without putting a fuckton of thought into whether you absolutely have to, and how you would pay it back. if your plan to pay it back is contingent on something mostly out of your control then you need to seriously rethink taking out that loan

thanks, mom

Attached: grow_up.jpg (740x760, 56K)

>The fact of the matter is I couldn't stand teaching myself how to code.
Why the fuck did you join a bootcamp for something you have no passion in? This post is so fucking stupid.

Attached: 1528091483565.jpg (532x555, 135K)

Coding becomes boring once you stop doing it as a hobby and it becomes a job.

based reddit spies