Why all the hate for Brave? Jow Forums keeps saying that it being Chromium-based is a bad thing...

Why all the hate for Brave? Jow Forums keeps saying that it being Chromium-based is a bad thing, but if they've truly unpozzed it from Google then what's the big deal? I've been using it for months and am fairly happy with it. Seems faster than vanilla Chrome and I think the tipping features are smart (and as a dirty web dev potentially exciting).

Attached: brave.png (400x250, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/brave_browser/comments/bdhxho/is_brave_telemetry_always_on/ekywk8w?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
warosu.org/g/thread/S69812193#p69820836
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haha

I do not trust them something seems fishy call it a gut feeling but i feel like brave has been marketed heavily as a privacy protecting browser so they can get all people that want to protect there privacy locked into brave and then GG they fuck them in the ass

>default config whitelists google faceboo and twitter trackers
>have to recompile to disable telemetry
>brendan javascript eich
shill reportedw

I'm testing it and don't understand the point of the built in ad-blocker if it's intentionally worse than ublock origin.

Well their ultimate goal is to make money based on their ad platform, so it makes sense for them to market to get eyeballs on those ads.
>telemetry
They claim their "telemetry" is far less specific than Firefox's, but I'll keep an eye on this
reddit.com/r/brave_browser/comments/bdhxho/is_brave_telemetry_always_on/ekywk8w?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Attached: 1528132077994.jpg (500x500, 34K)

Attached: t 20181223_005748639_ec00.png (622x1715, 275K)

I like that Jow Forums hates Brave but when Mozilla shits its pants, everybody immediately goes straight to "fuck it I'm downloading Chrome"

how retarded

Attached: brainlet2.png (466x490, 24K)

"I don't trust Brave, but goddammit there's something about this Google character that I just trust"

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1000x432, 50K)

There's nothing to blindly trust, as it isn't a proprietary browser like that Jow Forums forked Dissenter crap.
>default config whitelists google faceboo and twitter trackers
I see you've fallen for FUD.
warosu.org/g/thread/S69812193#p69820836
>have to recompile to disable telemetry
What telemetry?
>brendan javascript eich
And? So? If it counts for something there's an option of disabling Javascript built right in.
>shill reportedw
"Shilling" for an open source browser, oh, okay buddy. No wonder why you've fallen for FUD then.

Seems pretty clear to me when I go to his website that he hasn't verified through Brave. Not deceptive looking at all. Maybe someone else previously managed to create a rewards account under his domain name and Brave later removed it. Their stated policy in the case of donating to someone who hasn't verified is to hold the funds within the donating user's browser for 90 days or something before releasing them back or donating them if the creator verifies.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 11.31.59 PM.png (746x1102, 198K)

Oh yeah, someone who didn't bother to read inform himself on how BAT works, most likely had it turned on while not paying attention and had his currency taken because he didn't collect in before 90 days. Followed by a Twitter rant which developers saw and changed that behavior, when it could've just been a "won'tfix" because it was his fault alone.

That happened after they were exposed.

I have no reason to use it over ungoogled chromium

I researched BAT recently and when and if it becomes transferable to real money (not bitcoin and other Ponzi scheme internet money), they would be on the right track of making web 2.0 better than it is. All ads are anonymized as well, but it still isn't available worldwide and transfers are to cryptocurrencies as it stands.

There was nothing to epxose other than his lack of understanding of how the browser works.

>they were exposed

Imagine how dumb you would have to be to get "they were exposed" out of this whole interaction. Some brainlet got upset that people were donating BAT to him, he wasn't intelligent enough to understand what it meant, he threw a hissy-fit, and Brave accommodated him by changing their entire system.

Posting the ancient Tom Scott FUD is akin to posting about how Brave is bad for being built on Muon. Mind numbingly stupid.

ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/
One version behind at best on all platform and it doesn't even compile half of the time on Linux.

Platforms*

Because you faggots don't stop shilling it every fucking day.

No one wants to use your browser fuck of Brave.

>creator of brave browser

Attached: 1529190059954.webm (360x640, 2.56M)

>Jow Forums
torba is a jew. about par for the course for nu-Jow Forums, but that gab/dissenter/brave shit would never fly on /new/

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

It’s a leftist cuck browser though

They participate in superfag politics

What's his endgame?

>tripfag
>shitposting and going on a rant about random bullshit
Like fucking clockwork.

>tripfag
>doesn't use a trip at all
Dumbass newsimp.

Attached: 1535410740997.png (993x276, 419K)

You didn't type it in the right field, but you are shitposting and ranting about random bullshit either way.

that's not eich

It doesn't matter what browser you use. They are all shit. Just use the one you find to be the easiest.

Why don't captchas autoload like in firefox when using 4chanx?

Attached: 7A56ECA30A974742824D66B9CFBCD7FD.gif (500x347, 1.95M)