What's a good cheap 150 to 200 $ phone thats easily rootable and doesn't hide anything...

What's a good cheap 150 to 200 $ phone thats easily rootable and doesn't hide anything? An easily rootable phone with no hacks or tricks.

Attached: Rooted.png (800x450, 497K)

Moto g6.

There's a ton go check out some tuts on where you can get a easy boot

Do they have an official guide on how to root the phone?

Virtually all Xiaomi devices.

Redmi Note 4X
It's actually less than $100 now.

>he needs guides to root his phone
pleb

Redmi Note 7.

>have to lie you're a developer to then wait a week to get bootloader unlock permissions
>have to then enable every botnet feature on your phone like xiaomi cloud and find my phone for at least 5 minutes
>have to then find an ancient laptop with a USB 2.0 (two point oh) port, automatic driver updates disabled, signed driver requirement disabled
>have to then run the closed-source chink mi unlock tool
>have to then wait another 320 hours (about a week) from the first unlock attempt to actually be able to unlock your bootloader
>easy

forgot to mention
>have to find a computer with an intel cpu since unlocking doesn't work on ryzen
>and that's just the steps to unlock your bootloader
>now you have to start flashing

>have to lie you're a developer to then wait a week to get bootloader unlock permissions
>have to then wait another 320 hours (about a week) from the first unlock attempt to actually be able to unlock your bootloader
You literally wait exactly 72 hours after you requested to unlock a bootloader.

>have to then enable every botnet feature on your phone like xiaomi cloud and find my phone for at least 5 minutes
No, you don't

Run it in a vm, what's the problem?

t. Xiaomi Pooco F1 w/ custom ROM

>official
>rooting
Can you into English?

Used OP3

Buy Moto x4, there's even a GCam mod for it. I'm shitposting on one running Lineage 16 with pico gapps right now, extremely comfy.

>300 hours
>about a week

Fucking brainlet. No wonder why Jow Forums fucking sucks.

>mfw still using a nexus 5 with lineage 16

Attached: pepe5.png (1000x1000, 171K)

hows the battery life

I swapped in the battery from LG G2, so pretty decent
unless you mean how's the battery life on LOS16, then it's no worse than stock 6.0.1

The old nexus devices had official rooting

Get samsung flagship models
youre gonna be frustrated suddenly lineage support on your mid range phone got dropped

samsung flagships are shit for lineage
camera quality is shit and there are random stutters that shouldn't be there
t. owner of S3 and S6

Hasn't been a thing since late 2018.
Not anymore you don't, you just need a Mi account which can be set up with a random email.
>have to then find an ancient laptop with a USB 2.0 (two point oh) port, automatic driver updates disabled, signed driver requirement disabled
Oh fuck off, everything has at least one USB 2.0 port.
Yeah, and? Prefer having telemetry and all permissions for all apps then?
>have to then wait another 320 hours (about a week) from the first
You're merely pretending, right? Jesus... Not only are you severely misinformed and going on a rant like you know everything, you can't even count.
>have to find a computer with an intel cpu since unlocking doesn't work on ryzen
Since fucking when? Show examples of this. You've been full of shit and misinformed for everything else, I have no reason to believe this is true either.

>owner of S3
Well, no wonder why that stutters, but the S6 might because of the RAM.

>Yeah, and? Prefer having telemetry and all permissions for all apps then?
what is root manager?

Don't listen to
Kek
OP just unlock bootloader install twrp(open source) flash custom ROM (open source) and install magisk(open source) Xiaomi without chink bloat

I mean, if you've already unlocked your bootloader and rooted your phone why bother "fixing MIUI" at that point?

Shit lads, some sand-nigger stole my phone a couple of days ago. I ordered a new Sim Card and bought a Galaxy A40.

I've had a good track record with rooting Smasung devices in the past, but didn't know just how new this device was. There seems to be no reliable information on how to root the A40 yet, other than some indian scam site. TWRP and Magisk have not been compiled for it yet, and seeing how it may not get released int the US, the cahnces for a comprehensive solution are surprisingly slim.

Sure, you can git clone the TWRP code and change the env_flags around to fit the device, but that still won't solve the rooting issue.

Any idea lads? Do I need to just wait and hope?

Attached: samsung-galaxy-a40-a405-64gb-dual-sim-blau.jpg (800x800, 32K)

>Do I need to just wait and hope?
Don't hope or wait for anything. Samsung's mid range devices have always been locked down.

Their flagships are just as locked down, what are you even talking about? There has to be a fucking way. At some point it's going to be supported by some unlocking method mate.

>Their flagships are just as locked down, what are you even talking about?
Not quite. There are custom ROMs, but for the S9/Note 9 they're still at permanent beta stages. If there were/are some for their mid range devices they are in the same place. I hope this changes at least for the Note 9 because it's the only flagship with a micro SD card slot, 3.5mm headphone jack, big battery and not locked down (although that doesn't mean much if it's so expensive only a miniscule amount of developers have access to it). That's my recommendation for you as well.

How is THW poco f1 for you? Recommendable?

Depends mine was 360 hours

It was a mistake buying Samsung if your plan is to root and mod your device user. Your best bet nowadays is a Chinkphone from Xiaomi or Oneplus, or a Pixel if you can afford it.

The good old days of the S1-S7 are gone. God... I still remember Darky's ROM for the S1.

LG G2

no good solid answers.
yeah fuck this

>Since fucking when? Show examples of this. You've been full of shit and misinformed for everything else, I have no reason to believe this is true either.
type "mi unlock ryzen" in your favourite search engine and you'll see a bunch of rebbit and xda posts about it, also found out from first-hand experience trying to unlock a poco f1

go to china find one

I have a moto g5 plus
it was pretty easy to root but you have to get a bootloader unlock key off motorolas website (I think you just register an email or something, its easier than )
so I think the moto g6 would be good, dont get the g7 though

im using a moto right now but verizon buttfucked the phone and my moto phone even has a verizon logo on the back.

That's curious. It's an issue with drivers more than anything else.

probably, still had to take out my dusty 2010 laptop with an intel cpu and a usb 2.0 port for it to work though, tried 3 different computers