WTF HAPPENED TO FIREFOX

WTF HAPPENED TO FIREFOX

not only did it disable all my addons like add block it wont allow me to download any new add ons

wtf is going on and how do i get add block working agin

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hastebin.com/yoboqulolo.rb
reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/bkcjoa/all_of_my_addons_got_disabled_and_they_are_all/emggvbx/
files.catbox.moe/h0vakr.crt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install Brave

Attached: brendanbrave.png (1280x720, 711K)

does it have all the same tools and use less ram ?

Block these 3 urls to prevent Firefox from contacting them. Then make a new profile: firefox.exe -p
You'll be able to run it normally after that, just reinstall the extensions/add-ons.
You can block these by adding these bottom 4 lines in your hosts file.

Attached: wizard skills.png (513x113, 5K)

lurk moar you fucking retard. you just had to search catalog for "firefox" and you would have your answer.

Yes

>he has studies turned on

kekekek

Attached: d3af4xz-dde6558e-3de3-4e85-be2a-8017fd594a31.jpg (766x758, 236K)

oh dear, you poor soul.

what did they do to your brain?

> lock these 3 urls to prevent Firefox from contacting them. Then make a new profile: firefox.exe -p

All fine, but fuck you for suggesting 'make a new profile'! Any way around this?

Yes? Studies are good.

solution: certificate: hastebin.com/yoboqulolo.rb

Use one of the many hotfixes, but I'd rather wait for a legit full update from Mozilla and just use another profile in the mean time.

GEE I WONDER

Attached: ZOGzilla Sorosfox.png (793x595, 312K)

chink spyware aficionado confirmed

t. Mozilla basedployee

Attached: dinosaur laptop.jpg (1224x762, 202K)

whats wrong with brave?

async function set_addons_as_signed() {
Components.utils.import("resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIDatabase.jsm");
Components.utils.import("resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm");
let addons = await XPIDatabase.getAddonList(a => true);

for (let addon of addons) {
// The add-on might have vanished, we'll catch that on the next startup
if (!addon._sourceBundle.exists())
continue;

if( addon.signedState != AddonManager.SIGNEDSTATE_UNKNOWN )
continue;

addon.signedState = AddonManager.SIGNEDSTATE_NOT_REQUIRED;
AddonManagerPrivate.callAddonListeners("onPropertyChanged",
addon.wrapper,
["signedState"]);

await XPIDatabase.updateAddonDisabledState(addon);

}
XPIDatabase.saveChanges();
}

set_addons_as_signed();

Enter this through the console (ctrl+shift+j). Some user posted it in a thread yesterday and it worked for most people. You may have to enable the dev console 'devtools.chrome.enabled' in about:config.

It worked for me yesterday but all my addons got disabled again this morning so it's not a permanent fix, but you can just re-enter that into the console and they'll come back.

I think that every time you open Firefox a 10 minute timer starts and will cause that problem when it tries to connect to the OCSP server. Block that url and it won't happen again.

they said on twitter like 13 hours ago they were releasing a fix shoulding it already happen

>using upspeak
>expecting anyone here to listen

The amount of reddit twinks that moved here are the site went mainstream is staggering.

Attached: Notre-Dame-Cathedral-01.jpg (825x550, 181K)

No one is at work. It is the weekend.

Did something happen?

Everything works fine for me

I like the image, can you upload a fixed version without spelling mistakes?

kek just did and about tthe same time you posted

Firefox is run by women

>women

Or you could not be retarded and drag the certificate on your browser to update it. It's a fucking textfile.

>unclean skin
Oh god delet this gross crap

>women

[FIXED] UwU

Attached: Anime Trap Bathroom.jpg (680x503, 79K)

Firefox at this point is a joke. Literally the only thing keeping me with Firefox is much better tab handling (scrolling instead of making each tab smaller until you can't see anything), but at this point I might just make the switch.

>No one is at work. It is the weekend.
I am working, the week starts sunday here.

Thanks, 2d is just better.

>it's still not fucking fixed

jesus christ I will never ever shill firefox again. where's the fucking update without the telemetry crap? they said it will roll out in a few hours 24 fucking hours ago

No

Pic related

Attached: furryfox.gif (796x249, 57K)

>hurr

This happens like once every 18 months, how do people still not know this?

doesn't work on my machine

They never promised that. They literally want more people to enable studies, because everyone turned it off after Mr. Robot bullshit.

Stop using windows

Read their blog/twitter they did promise it.

it is just: ocsp.pki.goog

>You've to manually turn off security features to enable ad block
Sorry lad, but Firefox has officially died.

Just don't install addons from shady sources

Enable studies and wait 5 hours for the hotfix to come.

This too.

Attached: 1557068410518.png (1200x2115, 546K)

Download Waterfox

Attached: 53151.png (256x256, 39K)

If someone has the ability to inject addons onto your browser you're already fucked.

>enable botnet to get security features back

no thanks bye failurefox

so the official fix still isnt out? wtf, why are those shit wizards taking so long?

do this to fix without re-enabling studies for the time being

reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/bkcjoa/all_of_my_addons_got_disabled_and_they_are_all/emggvbx/

>Block these 3 urls to prevent Firefox from contacting them.
The certificate wasn't revoked, it expired. Blocking revocation servers isn't going to help you because expirations are hardcoded into the certificate that is installed on your PC. Just add the new certificate and re-enable your add-ons. This shit isn't rocket science.

They've to discuss with the local security trannies if security is inclusive.

>trannyfox users can't use addons unless approved daily by the ministry of truth
epic

>Only temporarily fixing it instead of just installing the new cert.
Literally just click here files.catbox.moe/h0vakr.crt and press OK when it asks to add the certificate to your repository. Then it wont re-disable your add-ons the next time it checks if they're valid.

Not only does Chrome enforce signed extensions, they require you to install them from their web store. If you actually want to turn off signature checks you can do so in Firefox Nightly or Dev versions.

Just use chrome and shut the fuck up.

Chrome just werks and most of the sites are build to work perfect on chromium engine.

>ungoogled chromium
>CryptoTokenExtension
>can't be uninstalled
fuck you Jow Forums

kek, that can't be real

google chromium can't be ungoogled, moron

Blocking it works to prevent it from happening though.

finally i can post this image

Attached: mi51e28eca.jpg (501x456, 47K)

I, too, enjoy pictures from 2005.

>Just add the new certificate
But FF won't let me.

Yes it will, see . After installing the cert you still need to re-install your extensions or run

>mozilla did this on purpose to get a true idea of how many people actually use firefox
turns out, not many!

>trusting a random cert
lol

they have to dilate first

Feel free to extract it from the Firefox Studies XPI yourself. Mozilla includes it in there as a base64 encoded cert.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of Mozilla employees don't even use Firefox.

GOOD GOY

still, bad practice asking people to install certs from unknown domains (paranoid mode: even from trusted sources)

Yeah, it would be nice if Mozilla actually provided a trusted source for the cert instead of me having to extract the fucking thing from an extension.

Yeah, it would be nice if Firefox would just work for once, but I guess that's too much to ask for.

It does work. If you can't handle adding a certificate to your certificate store you don't belong on Jow Forums.

Yeah, I also could just simply program my own browser but that's not the point. Firefox is just shit and should finally die.

If you think adding a certificate to your certificate store is on the same level as writing your own browser then you are retarded.

For most normal people there's no difference. Firefox introduced a security risk by forcing their users installing dubious certificates while removing security important adblockers. Sorry sweety, it's a unusable mess and unreasonable to expect me to do their work when there are browsers who aren't shit.

I used Firefox since v4 to about v43. It got way too bloated and glitchy. Chrome is a resource hog. Use Opera now. Works great.

Braves https everywhere doesnt work

Alright, go use Google Botnet and let me know how good it is when it becomes the new IE6.

Why doesn't this work for me?
Firefox Quantum, 66.0.3

retard

>install chrome

Because it only works on nightly.

You must be too young to have seen what happens when there is one dominant browser and everything gets written against the quirks of one rendering engine.

>install firefox

I can't believe they still haven't fixed this shit, I thought it'd take a couple of hours. Doesn't even look like a complex bug too, why don't they just roll out to how it was a few days ago. What the fuck. Lots of people are gonna jump ship.

>Because it only works on nightly.
But why? For what purpose?
Why is the normal distribution so damn shit then?

Because you're on windows just like this retard

Everything will be fine because everyone uses Chrome anyway and only freetards will complain?

It works on the normal version, don't listen to idiots.

Why doesn't it work for me then?

It only works on nightly with linux too, peabrain.

And then Google will make arbitrary changes to how the internet works and disregard standards for their own profit. We've been down this road before kid.

What should Firefox be doing to fix their mess? And what are they waiting for? This is ridiculous now

Because signature verification is a security feature that protects people that aren't good at computer from getting a bunch of malware extensions. If you can turn it off from about:config then so can malware. If you want to disable signature verification you need to use Nightly or Dev.

It basically is fixed for everyone besides Jow Forums because Firefox Studies is enabled by default so the only people that haven't automatically gotten the fix are people that turned that off.

But why even give me the option to disable it if it doesn't even do anything?
That doesn't make sense.

Except its dominance wasn't the problem, retard.
The problem was while they were dominant, they stopped development and weren't allowed to have a voice in standards development because of antitrust case.

Lol china literally owns opera
Enjoy your insect-men browser spyware

Most people disable failfox studies because of the mr robot debacle not to mention they picked firefox because they wanted less bloat and spyware. So basically their bullshit hotfix was only for the retard minority and to get idiots handing them their data

Are you retarded? This is on v66 on Linux and it works on Mint (pic) and Ubuntu spins, and also works on Tor. Maybe you're dumb enough to use the snap version.
Don't spread misinformation just because your meme distro is shit.

It's true i'm running a FF with as much of the tracking turned off as possible. It's clear that enabling "studies" (which i'd never heard of before) should not be part of the solution