/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request advice:
Don't, the answer is STAX.

Offical /hpg/ headphone ranking

STAX Tier
>STAX

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=--_pa9SEmZQ
chordelectronics.co.uk/product/mojo/
amazon.com/beyerdynamic-770-PRO-Studio-Headphone/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1TXB03CBE3GNR&keywords=beyerdynamic dt770 pro&qid=1557095639&s=gateway&sprefix=beyer,aps,164&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1
audioxpress.com/article/new-materials-for-earphones-and-headphones
youtu.be/EZ5Btv9Obw0?t=165
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-d50-dac.2403/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-chord-qutest-dac.5981/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audibility-thresholds-of-amp-and-dac-measurements.5734/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should i bite the massdrop dt 177x go?

OK, this is cringe.

So my good old SteelSeries V3 is starting to flake off the cushions so I'm looking for a new headset, are there any being made with a frequency responce in the 10 - 28 kHz range?

I tried a HyperX Cloud and the audio felt super flat and it's 20 - 20 kHz

first for END GAME

Attached: ED776E79-68FA-48D3-A1FE-3B2B22F3ED1E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.18M)

am I the king of poorfags?
>tin t2
>shp9500
>edifier r1280t
>ol dac
>liquid spark

Attached: 1471792132494.png (420x420, 78K)

No because you have a standalone amp dac combo

Attached: 1550915476448.jpg (1024x1024, 53K)

triggered nostax incel

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

Reminder that HPGs opinions are shit since they get scared of treble and bright headphones.

as ex owner of 1990 I am scared of even slightly treble leaned headphones now.

KOSS ESP/95X
people seem to like it, is it l300 tier? at least they seem comfier than stax

I don't know

good to know, thanks

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Idk. The one is I have is HorribleSubs, but there might be better available these days.
Pic related is the movie's "episode" entry in anidb, the better anime database. If you don't see this much detail, that'd be because you need to be logged in.

Attached: 1537098321025.png (1745x793, 383K)

Does the ATH-AD900 fall in that category?

What do you think?

/hpg/ is not a hivemind.

you need a good linear power supply and good DAC yes it's good

I'm getting the Topping DX7S soon and I plan on keeping it for a long as possible, do any of you guys have it?

I don't have it.

I don't know what to say, it seems to be the only place acknowledgeing that hd600 is muddy, not neutral, and the only place which doesn't constantly only recommend shit warm planars like audeze.

Who wants to sniff my feet?

is it girl stax anime feet?

poorfag here
> noise cancelling
> over ear
> wireless
> low budget 150 EUR
Any recommendations? My current favorite is Sennheiser HD 4.50

Attached: 26212290-5eba-4bdc-9d0f-f9e1a588566d.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

Can't say that it's more budget than me, but nor am i fan of Edifier. (Even though those speakers may be good)
>DT990pro 250ohm
>e10K
>Tin T2's with BT adapter (in the mail)
>Creative A150, cheapo speakers that i got for free after replacing one of the wires.

Sony WH1000XM2 or WH-H900n can be found for cheap and cheaper basically the same headphone though the WH1000XM2 are usually considered comfier yet usually more expensive. Though the WH1000XM3 are superior in every regard.

The 4.50BT-ANC are alright on their own, and i've had a chance to try both them and the 4.40BT. Both sound the same, build quality is alright, but the NC on them is trash in comparison to Sony or Bose.

Frequency graph range is mostly lie(except from something like, etymotics).
Learn to read frequency response graph instead, RTINGS is a good start.

Have a good day everybody and good night.

Attached: nad-3-shi.jpg (739x415, 22K)

what is this site

t. beyercuck shill with tinnitus

>Budget
~150 EUR
>Location
Greece
>Source
Mobo (actually some external usb card, cheap but ok)
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
closed (i don't know but open doesnt appeal to me, never tried
>Comfort level
big
>Sound signature
dont know, never considered myself a basshead or something, and will use them for many different genres of music and uses
>Past headphones
meh, right now i use in ear marshall eq

i used to plan to buy the ath m50/40x, but i think its a bad decision, now im considering some beyerdynamic dt 770 pro(80 ohm), but i want alternatives

Attached: dooggo.gif (200x244, 107K)

990s or 770s?

what do you mean

youtube.com/watch?v=--_pa9SEmZQ

Beyer for the white man.

Attached: 1537728228462.jpg (4032x3024, 3.25M)

Fuck off, kike.

Attached: 13827049_photos-pepe-frogs-refugees--black-lives_tdb7a29c8.jpg (350x350, 29K)

Comfy!

Attached: Capture+_2019-05-05-22-51-10.png (1440x2733, 2.54M)

Thinking about getting a BT adapter for IEMs. Whats a good one that has a very low output impedance. I've been looking at the ES100.

Yo
my mom's cat ripped the original Y50BT aux cable. i bought a chink one which was crap quality and i had to drop.
any rec's for a proper decent quality 2.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable for a decent price?

Buy Stax
Worship Stax

Attached: hailstax.gif (500x341, 437K)

>Job insists I use their laptop only when working from home because sensitive data (that I don't have because not customer-facing, but whatever)
>Live with others so far better to use headphones on calls
>Would like to be able to listen to other things on main PC too, but switching headsets constantly or risking missing calls is shit
Are there any basic audio i/o mixers that fit PC headphone/mic jacks? Nothing industry standard, just so I can hear more than one input simultaneously without breaking bank

Attached: Posts with images are more likely to be read.jpg (600x597, 40K)

I'm using tubes to power my HE-500s and you can't stop me.

Attached: 20190505_093613.jpg (1512x2016, 847K)

anidb.net

Buying a Aune X7S instead of a THX 789AAA because I can't be arsed to wait years to finally get one for 400$, yes/no ?

Feels poor.
>O2
>D30
>MA900
>HD569
>Fidelio X2

What’s listening to user?

Attached: 760BC37A-B589-4AA7-8673-810F3E95B813.jpg (4032x3024, 3.01M)

Attached: C98E53AB-A259-471C-9FF4-91685D210B9D.jpg (2654x2957, 1.78M)

Any good headphones that can be used for swimming? Recently took up swimming at the gym and decided to buy the JBL Endurance Dive's since they're advertised as being 100% submergible. Took them to the pool and about 10 minutes in the right ear bud stopped working. Got a replacement and 10 minutes in those completely stopped working as well. Anyone know a good alternative? Price can be whatever, just want something that works.

Attached: 61QVXwHhfSL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 18K)

Ath im02 successor? I can't find it on sale anywhere for a reasonable price. Focus is for vocals

>filename
Cancer.

I’m just a tourist here but what’s the purpose of that thing in the left?

portable dac/amp
chordelectronics.co.uk/product/mojo/

Campfire IO

Attached: images.jpg (400x400, 9K)

You can literally tie cables from both sources in knot and it'll work just fine.

Nice

to some youtube rips on flac

ATH-LS200. AT has an annoying habit of quickly terminating their IEM lines.

Denon D9200 or Sony Z1R closed back endgame?

wtf bros downsampling a 96KHz file to 44100Hz before feeding to DAC sounds better (punchier and thicker) than just feeding it as 96KHz??
is my dac just shittier handling 96Khz (and other capable rates) than the lowest rate 44100hz?
wtf i want a new dac now

example alsa conf
pcm.dac {
type hw
card 2
}

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "dac"
rate 44100
}
rate_converter "speexrate_best"
}

Attached: 1546871461927.jpg (850x1013, 630K)

d9200, even if it's more of a semi-open

I'm doing a lot of research on

probably z1r with a bit of EQ to fix the treble problems

I wish audio technica would release a closed back adx5000 already instead of the cash grab l5000

The open back ADX5000's look cool as fuck. Like the fighter jet of headphones.

probably yes

get a topping D50

Get Chord Qutest, poorfag.

if the most expensive pair of headphones i have ever owned cost me 50 dollars what will these sound like to me?

amazon.com/beyerdynamic-770-PRO-Studio-Headphone/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1TXB03CBE3GNR&keywords=beyerdynamic dt770 pro&qid=1557095639&s=gateway&sprefix=beyer,aps,164&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

audioxpress.com/article/new-materials-for-earphones-and-headphones

All my headphones have been AKG, and while I'm very happy with the audio quality there are two things I hate:
- the headband is too tight (lel at the Q701 abomination too, I can't believe I used it daily for years)
- there's always some piece of plastic breaking, and while it doesn't seem to affect anything it's unacceptable for something that costs 200$ or more.

What would /hpg/ recommend? I'm still looking for circum aural headphones, but are there any that don't feel oppressive?

Get on my level
>tin t2
>UR40
>none
>onboard
>onboard

if you think akg's headbands of all things are too tight there is literally no headphone you will think is better

Fuck me then, and this is with enough hair to even make some women jealous. But damn, after 10h it feels like a relief to get them off. And ear buds do not look better...

Maybe I should try adding some foam or something, but again given the prices I would expect this to be standard.

Probably very majestic. They have great sound stage for closed backs, which I'm sure your 50 dollar crap never had.

ok so- definitly worth the money? cool my local guitar center has them in stock so i wont even have top wait for shipping

no, ignore them

Yes, they are. If I wasn't saving for much more expensive closed backs I would just settle with the DT 770's.

Am I the king of poorfags?
>sennheiser px100
>none
>none
>none
>none

So in your opinion what should I buy?

stax

Ya I'm not spending 5000 dollars on headphones even if I had the money

ok I am really amazed right now. How the fuck does some random noise in a video manage to do it?
youtu.be/EZ5Btv9Obw0?t=165
Around 2:48 there is some clanking noise that with my headphones sounds like it's coming from my front right side. I thought it was something in my room.
Normally with headphones, all the binaural and ASMR shit can only make things sound like it's coming from the back even if it's meant to be from the front.

Bose qc35 II.

I have no use for noise canceling I plan to use them plugged into a computer in my bedroom

im more worried about the fact that you bought marantz and woo.

>Not being a superlux afficionado
LMAO

Superlux HD-330. Once modded its as good as the beyers. the padding is aboslute shite though and needs to be replaced.

Sorry, I don't buy overpriced retard shit. Chink-fi is getting up there with mainstream brands in terms of quality. Maybe not in terms of build yet, but I can just hide it behind something and only pull it out if needed.

Calm down fellow chinkshit owner. Chord Quetest is an ACTUAL (as in not snake oil) TOTL product that is measurably better than the D50. Not by a huge margin but still it's better in terms of raw performance. Believe me I get you, I own a D10 myself.

it measures the same as D50; how much does it cost?

$1900 lol

It doesn't though ? ASR's graphs shows better linearity and SNR.

-114 db vs D50's -109 db, you couldn't tell the difference by listening to them. And the topping's linearity is technically better

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-d50-dac.2403/

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-chord-qutest-dac.5981/

speaking of asr here's a good thread you should read before shilling $2k dacs
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audibility-thresholds-of-amp-and-dac-measurements.5734/

b-but muh inaudible measurements

absolute state of poorfags

S T A X
T
A
X

SUPERIOR FIDELITY

what if i buy some HD 206?
will i get a bang for my buck?
also, can somebody post a chart there was about price/quality?

*snap* for your buck

No, Creative Aurvana live is bang for buck, but the build quality is shit.

well, i guess i´ll have to save some money before buying something good heh
thanks though!