Give me suggestions

>be me
>be 19
>knows these programming languages: c#, java, php, js, python (know c# the most and python the least)
>interested in web development, front end frameworks
>interested in databases and backend programming as well
>has 0 working experience
>mfw I don’t know what I you want to learn/work

give me suggestions

Attached: 1556977189119.jpg (480x272, 16K)

get a degree. it you don't have a degree you're going to have a hard time

Take a data structures and algorithms course online

Learn to administer web servers and how to use cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure

Learn UML and project management

Get a job

I'm on it. I just the finished my 2nd term in CS. the full course is 7 terms

also interested in this

>interested in web development, front end frameworks
>I don’t know what I you want to learn/work

What do you mean you don't know? You have internet right?

You don't sound like you are really interested in web development, instead you sound like you just heard about web development yesterday and want to jump in.

Here's what you can do, go to youtube right now and search for "how to be a web developer in 2018/19". You'll find dozens of videos with people explaining to you what exactly do you need in order to get a webdev job these days.

Also, advice, knowing how to write a function that adds two numbers in javascript won't get you a job.

A certification from Udemy won't get you a job.

Finishing a programming book won't get you a job.

Actual skills WILL get you a job.

Also, don't drop out, no matter what you see on the internet, unless you get an opportunity that will pretty much make going to college a waste of time (e.g. your startup is making 500k in profits a month), if that's not your case, stay in college.

Attached: a9EqJxaW_700w_0.jpg (415x492, 33K)

> function that adds two numbers in javascript won't get you a job
I have a deeper understanding in javascript than that, but I see your point and I want to git gud in js.

>A certification from Udemy won't get you a job.
in my opinion, udemy can be good, if you apply the skills that your learned, in a personal project for example.

>Actual skills WILL get you a job.
And how do I acquire those skills? What's your strategy?

>What's your strategy?
git gud

My job needs people with C# experience. They sent one engineer off for a week to some class to learn it and they'll probably do it eventually for me and the other tech too. Don't think they're looking for outside people yet.

bump

have sex and get a job.

based

Database shit is absolutely and completely garbage. Would be glad if I never had to touch any variant of SQL in my life again.

>And how do I acquire those skills? What's your strategy?

You become a fucking autist that legitimately enjoys sitting around and programming shitty CRUD apps in their spare time

Don't do webdev. It is awful.

Program real applications. I repeat, dont do webdev, you will regret it.

For frontend learn a framwork to go with your php, laravel is the best bet atm, plus a client side js framework, vue or react. AWS skills are good esp IAC. For experience, try to contribute to OS.

>vue or react
What are your thoughts on angular?

>real applications
can you elaborate on that?
like I said I don't have working experience, so I don't know what do you mean by a real application

>t. debt-slave

there must be a better way

Attached: 011.jpg (509x499, 38K)

F

What better way. You get better at shit by doing it. The people who enjoy doing something and will do it in their spare time are inevitably going to be better than the people who do a one-off Udemy course and expect rewards.

Agreed

Better for one page apps. But any of those 3 will be fine tbqh.

This. You got to anjoy it.

>not having a full-ride scholarship
lmao

>not sure what i want to work on
If you are in university/college, do a co-op/internship. The more places you try out the better, this is a period in your life where you can fail freely without fear of injury. Try working in both front end and backend placements (if you have multiple co-op terms great, if only one big one try to move teams midway to try new things out), this will make deciding quite a bit easier, and will also make you money and possibly fully pay for your tuition if you're worried about that. Unless in extremely dire straits do NOT work for free (personals/foss excluded talking about internships)

Lie your way into an entry level position in a small company or startup and learn as fast as you can in your first week to fill in the gaps.

Attached: 136e2d_7072152.jpg (1200x1197, 162K)

I live the eu and I have a full scholarship, so making money not important for me right now.
my main goal is to gain experience and figure out what I want to do after I finish my degree.

which is better in the long run back end or front end development?

which one has the bigger future in your opinion?

Backend. Front end changes too quickly and there's no incentive for having 5+ years of experience.

+1

have you ever heard about nosql?

it's the same garbage

won't say that

>knows 5 languages
>all shit
really user

Attached: coffee_cchan_by_florence013_dbpo4xq-250t.jpg (225x250, 14K)

Name some good ones then