IPS monitors are a meme

>that will be 600 dollars plus tip

Attached: backlight_bleed_1.png (499x351, 155K)

Why do you give tips to the delivery guy?

>monitors
Are a meme, period.
Unless you fish an old CRT monitor out of the dumpster
TV's have better contrast, black depth, response time and now there are TV's coming out with variable refresh to close the input lag meme disadvantage
Good TV's typically have superior black and grey uniformity as well as less backlight issues
There are 8k TV's
All the people in charge of making desktop monitors should be strung up What a bunch of worthless sacks of shit

>washed out colors and glowing blacks

But muh viewing angles!

t. tn owner with zero of these problems

It isn't just viewing angles that are utter shit on TN like for example if you view the monitor from the side
It's that if your eyes and head move at all you will experience color and contrast shift
TN has no advantages whatsoever, only cons. There are 1400hz projectors if refresh rate actually matters to you. 240hz isn't enough to be a benefit for anything. You can use variable sync monitor to have low input lag at 60hz. The motion clarity is awful at 240hz you need much lower MPRT for acceptable levels that are only attainable with lowering display/flickering backlight or buying a research model high refresh rate projector.
You can get a CRT out of the dumpster for less money so cost isn't even an advantage
Only a complete retard would buy a TN

aren't tvs just va panels with a tuner

t. buttmad ips owner
How is that 5:1 contrast ratio treating you buddy

>It isn't just viewing angles that are utter shit on TN
Yes it is, literally every other aspect is better on a nice TN vs an IPS.

Yes and no. The point is TV's VA panel measures stupidly better than any desktop VA panel. Whoever is in charge of procuring the panels and tuning them compared to TV VA's panels is a total flake. Desktop VA based monitors are no where near as good as TV's VA panels. You can get a $500 55 inch 4k TV that shits on any desktop monitor in almost every metric but input lag and if they start incorporating variable refresh into good budget TV's then that too will end.
I don't use IPS
I'm talking about VA TV's but there is for example a QLED 8k IPS TV with 6000:1 contrast with local dimming.

Desktop monitors just fucking suck.

It only looks bad on a black screen on actual use the backlight bleed does not affect colors

Unlike TN panels where you could be looking at red on one side and pink on the opposite side

Either way the current monitor industry is a fucking shitshow with no QC or standards whatsoever

> All the people in charge of making desktop monitors should be strung up What a bunch of worthless sacks of shit
Fucking this
The monitor market is so dogshit right now it makes a TV look like a good choice

>Desktop monitors just fucking suck.
Lol no they don't just stop being poor and buying shitty outdated panels.

>Lol no they don't just stop being poor
The only good desktop monitors are literally free
>shitty outdated panels
There are no new desktop panels on the market that overcome the limitations I've described. Apples to apples VA desktop monitors are utter shit compared to TV and there are even superior IPS TV with 8k rez, 6000:1 contrast and QLED.

The only, only, ONLY reason to buy a desktop monitor is if you do a specific type of content creation that requires perfect color accuracy in other words almost nobody who buys desktop monitors for that purpose but a tiny portion of the population benefits from the only thing they're good at.

Can’t buy new panels when all the monitor market sells is outdated panels
TVs get new panels every year on every single price scale

>Can’t buy new panels when all the monitor market sells is outdated panels
Try looking again.

Name 5 good monitors

She thinks TN is good
Obviously clueless.

Go to newegg and search for g-sync then sort by most expensive.

You're welcome.

how worth is it to buy a huge 4k TV to act as a monitor if i dont care about gaymin

Name them.

There are variable refresh and strobing backlight TV
G-suck only increases the cost while offering zero tangible benefit

There are other reasons to buy a monitor over a TV. An obvious one is that monitors come in smaller sizes than TVs. And small TVs tend to lack the features and picture quality of their larger siblings. Also if you want things like GSync/FreeSync you won't find them on a small TV.

Variable refresh in general is a meme if you have 144hz refresh or higher.

Freesync is always a meme, they don't have the same quality control that g-sync certified monitors have. I would expect a monitor nerd to already know this but its possible you are also anti-nvidia which would explain why you think there are no good desktop monitors.

You probably want something smaller if it sits on your desk
You might get by with something like a Samsung "The Frame" TV 43"
It has very low input lag with VRR down to 4ms depending on the mode
6000:1 contrast
Why do you want a higher refresh when variable refresh offers the low input lag benefit allowing you to run content with better graphics easier and lowering display persistence offers vastly superior motion clarity.
High refresh won't be relevant until we're pushing in excess of 500hz and have some other tech to support the crazy framerates needed to match it.

Name them you cop out pussy.

What the fuck are you smoking? If you're using 144hz, screen tearing becomes nearly imperceptible with the added benefit of looking really good AND having 0 input lag. You also don't have to play games at 144 fps to reap the benefits of a higher refresh rate. Even G-sync has input lag, and if your monitor also has a bit of input lag, it starts to become noticeable.

>variable refresh offers the low input lag
Retard outing himself. All sync technologies add input lag and worse off all inconsistency. Move your mouse around your desktop at 144hz then move it around at 60hz. You see how jarring the difference is? Now imagine that fluctuation constantly in game.

>You can lead a AMD user to water but you can't make him drink.

If you don't care about gaming it's especially worth it
Nice big format screen that an go from lots of desktop space to easy on the eyes, excellent contrast, good color coverage and even accuracy

When it comes to G-Sync™ monitors, does NVIDIA have complete control over the color tuning of the panel, or is that still left up to the specific monitor manufacturer to do? I'm just wondering if there is usually a difference in the colors between the Freesync/G-Sync implementations of a particular monitor, let alone other aspects of how the exact same panel performs.

>TN like for example if you view the monitor from the side
Who in their right mind would look at the monitor form the side.

I don't think AMD nor NVIDIA have anything to do with picture quality of monitors using their refresh technology, unless you count Freesync 2 HDR which is a whole other can of worms.

you're supposed to have something on the screen

>If you're using 144hz, screen tearing becomes nearly imperceptible with the added benefit of looking really good AND having 0 input lag
Nope. Higher refresh doesn't reduce screen tearing. You must enable VSYNC or cap the framerate to reduce or remove screen tearing For capping framerate you need to use a tool built into the software as external framerate caps add much more input lag.
>All sync technologies add input lag
'no'
They drastically reduce input lag vs VSYNC+high refresh and if you're supremely concerned about input lag you disable VSYNC but variable refresh offers very low input lag at low refresh rates
The point was TN panel suffers regardless not just from the side

>does NVIDIA have complete control over the color tuning of the panel
looks like they do

Attached: nvidia-g-sync-monitor-stack-comparison-850px.png (700x352, 76K)

>muh black levels
>i always look at a black image in a room with no lights
sorry kid, i don't watch hollywood shit in a basement

Im just gonna buy a tn panel bros. Vn has high response times while ips is expensive and has bad backlight bleed. Tn is cheap and has the best response time. So the colors may not be as good, and the viewing angles are bad. So what? Im not a photo editor nor do i move my head around much.

You do realize searches are different depending on your cookies. You can't name them because you're a pussy with no real knowledge.

higher refresh literally reduces screen tearing by design because it will push out the fastest image you moron.

>enabling v sync
why the fuck would you enable v sync. you only enable v sync to keep the frames within the low VRR which add even more input lag to your shitty g sync/freesync

Only if you look at a 30"+ monitor at 1 feet.

>Nope. Higher refresh doesn't reduce screen tearing.
The refresh becomes so fast that the tears are gone before you have a chance to notice them. At 240hz, screen tearing becomes virtually invisible.
>>All sync technologies add input lag
'no'
Yes. When using NO sync technology, there is NO added input lag. G-sync, while having lower input lag compared to V-sync, is still going to create input lag compared to no syncing technologies at all.

Dell U2715H, good all-round monitor.

The only knowledge you need is to know that g-sync is better and the latest g-sync HDR is better than anything else on the market.

>g-sync is better
>no one in the competitive professional gaming scene uses it

top lmao

Not to defend some tripfaggot, but competitive gaming is very far removed from normal gaming. Competitive gamers only want low input lag and high FPS, everything else is useless for them.

But I'm not American, I don't want to part with my tip. Genital mutilation is NOT fun.

Exactly. They know what gives the best performance and advantage with g-sync no where in the picture.

>higher refresh literally reduces screen tearing by design because it will push out the fastest image you moron.
Maybe if you have bad eyesight but the tears are still very much so there.
>Yes. When using NO sync technology, there is NO added input lag.
How stupid do you have to be to invent this argument? Literally nobody claimed variable refresh to have lower input lag than disabling VSYNC. The entire point is that the input lag is drastically reduced with VSYNC ENABLED. Learn to read. And if you're disabling VSYNC your low input lag refresh rate meme dies.

thoughts on strippers and vasectomies, poltardo?

>And if you're disabling VSYNC your low input lag refresh rate meme dies.
What? I'm just saying all these variable refresh rate technologies are designed to reduce screen tearing while reducing input lag associated with v-sync, but why bother when you can just use a higher refresh rate monitor which reduces screen tearing at the expense of NO input lag?

I hope you're not defending infant circumcision, user...

My old TN panel looked exactly like that too, except that it also had shit viewing angles.

TN is the worst of all worlds

>reduces screen tearing
You see, one "reduces" screen tearing while the other "removes" screen tearing. If you examine the concepts attentively, you will notice that they are not the same. In addition to that, properly utilized and configured gameplay with variable refresh rate will also have more even and more consistent frame delivery with no judder at all, thus making the game smoother.

why not have no screen tearing and identical input lag?

Attached: 1529493636457.png (640x739, 32K)

They cheated you.
IPS fail black, TN fail white.
This isn't an IPS.

Freesync works just as well too btw

Attached: img_5c4963e7362a2[1].png (2551x1440, 1018K)