/spg/ - Smartphone General

GOAT Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: OnePlus-7-Pro-768.jpg (1024x768, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where is the selfie camera on that one?

>no headphone jack
>goat

>he uses wired earphones outside of his PC
I dislike being in bed and listening to music with wires stabbing me.

Mi 9 SE or Poco F1?

Do these chinkphones work with Verizon in the US. I was looking at the Xiaomi Note 7, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Only Xiaomi phones that work with Verizon are Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Mix 2s and Mix 3

It's a pop-up selfie cam

Attached: OP7P.png (940x627, 258K)

I bought a totally new Motorola Moto C Plus.
Dual nano SIM, 4000mah removable battery, quick (2Amp) charger, 720p screen, really bright and good colors and viewing angles for the price. Got it on sale for 60 eurobucks. It was down like 55%. I don't have to have a SIM-removal tool because you put in the SIMs by removing the back cover. I think it's a great little phone. 5 inch screen. GREAT BUILD QUALITY FOR THE PRICE! From now on I'm only ever buying plastic Motorola phones.
It's not waterproof though. And only 1GB RAM, but it's enough for me. A little slower to load apps than I have been used to, but I don't mind. It's not an AndroidGO phone, it's better.

I've always used iPhones until yesterday when I decided to try out android and switched to the Samsung A30. How is this $194 phone better than my fucking iPhone in every way except the camera? How?

Apple sells fashion products first, technology products second.
Obligatory:
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8

>Burgerland
>AT&T
I'm looking for a decent LineageOS phone that's fit for poorfags. Headphone jack is a must.

>forehead and chin bezels still not perfectly even
So close

Moto X4, $150 at Best Buy, or OG Pixel / Pixel XL off eBay for $100-200 depending on the condition.

Should I pull the trigger on a OP6T, wait for the 7 or Pixel 3A ( I just care about camera resolution and world bands).

Mi9

Fuck Iphone

>really like my LePro 3
>Trip and fall
>Single crack running across whole screen
>Buttons don't work anymore
It was about time anyway. Looking for a new phone
>Around 150-200 maybe a bit more
>decent CPU
>Decent audio
>T-Mobile
USA
What do you recommend, /spg/?

why do you need one?

Attached: 1555768930586.jpg (443x455, 96K)

Hello guys, i want to change my Xiaomi Redmi Note 7.
What smartphone do you recommended me?
My budget is 200-300 euro.

Attached: 71tvjjWpkKL._SX569_.jpg (569x602, 37K)

Poco has really good ROM support

>dads lumia 930 is dying
>thinking about giving him my op6
>op7pro is tempting but it's even bigger

can't decide lads

>listen music in bluetooth quality

Yeah, I bet you like to eat shit too, right?

>i want to change my Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Why?

Mi Mix 2s. Better camera, better quality overall, better processor, better LTE bands. That or a Poco F1.

Mi mix 2.,

Unfortunately it has a dead pixel

Can you recommended me a 2019 phone?
Also not by Xiaomi/Chink brand if possible.

Can't you get it replaced under warranty?

What does this phone have pver the OP and pixel 3a?

Going to get the Moto X4 off ebay since it's $120 for the 3 gig version.
Am I going to notice a difference between 3 gigs and 4 gigs of ram if I don't multi task that much?

samung a50 or pixel 3a or Sony Xperia 10 or Nokia 8.1

48MP main sensor, secondary wideangle and telephoto sensors. Pixel 3a only has single sensor, OP6T has a secondary sensor but it can't be used for anything useful.

Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 ZB631KL

Those work out of the box or do I need to fuck around with anything to get it working right?

What about Mi9 vs Mi9 se vs Mix 3

Mi 9 SE is a refined phone, Poco is utilitarian, choose want you want.

>Confirmed UFS 3.0
>Dabs on your stone age UFS 2.1

You need a SIM that has already been activated in a Verizon phone, since Verizon won't activate Xiaomi phones.

Samsung A50/40 are that price with AMOLED, Redmi have a new phone coming out soon so might be worth waiting for it.

Mi9 SE has same main sensor as the Mi9, but worse wideangle and telephoto. Mix 3 has the same setup as the older Mix 2s and Mi8: 12MP main sensor + 12MP telephoto.

Is it true that tempered glass screen protectors make the colors on the display look more muted than they actually are?

Attached: 1556946623093.jpg (700x700, 58K)

>Unfortunately it has a dead pixel
Warranty?

I never use a screen protector as gorilla glass is good enough to stop scratches and hate the feel of them.

Just be careful with your phone. I've never smashed or scratched a screen yet and don't use them.

Considering getting a Chinknote 7. How is it? Any better recs for a $200-ish price range?

out of the 3 what is the best purchase?

If price is no object what is the best phone I can buy before the end of june?

Mi9 by far

Depends on what you are looking for.
From what I know, the Mi 9 SE is a bit more compact, has an AMOLED screen, and has NFC.
On the other hand, Pocophone has a bigger screen, with a slightly less meme ratio, has more powerful specs, and quite a bit more battery.

I have a Mi 9 SE myself, and I'm pretty happy with it.

>moto g7
>first phone upgrade in 5+ years
Pretty pleased with it so far. Might root it sometime down the line but not in a rush.
Roast me, Jow Forums.

OnePlus 7 Pro

looking for a new phone
>no chinkshit
>no notchshit
>~200 usd
i don't mind flagships from a few years ago
the lg v20 seems really good but i'd rather not have to deal with the bootlooping issues

Is that a fucking curved screen? kill me

yeah they had to shit it up in some way

with the warranty i received the refund

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, I'm currently grandfathered into an old T-mobile plan (100 talk, unlimited text/data for $30) but unfortunately at my new job I don't get service for shit. Are there any other decently priced unlimited data plans on the other carriers?

Ask your coworkers if they get service at your workplace and what they use. This isn't hard.

then buy another one

Probably a Nokia 7 plus or the 6. Everything is going notch so getting something without it is gonna be difficult.

my memory usage rarely exceeds 3GB on my OP3t on the latest version of lineage OS, you'll be fine with 3

Attached: Screenshot_20190505-173235_Settings_1.png (1080x201, 16K)

I don't want to risk, what do you recommend?

Sorry I forgot to mention, AT&T/Verizion work well in the area from what they've told me. So I'm just looking for plan suggestions, not which carrier to use.

Is it true that Pocophone F1 has problems with the keyboard that doens't allow you to write fast or something like that?

Mi if white or asian, poco if poo or slav.

is there anywhere i can get a decent price for the 7 plus then?
there's one guy selling it for $220 on ali but the feedback doesn't seem all that great

Elaborate

Also, is that annoying the thing about notifications not showing?

S9+ like new for $420
Did I do good?

is there any Jow Forums approved favorite smartphone?

my biggest things are battery life, performance, and durability (Gorilla Glass+).

Xiaomi

Why. The. Fuck. Can't i just get a fucking phone that is bezel-less, pop/slide up camera, and a jack?
How hard can it be?

Very
Smart phones are a normalfag thing, and will always appeal to normalfags

Got any advice on ricing? What's the new thing to do?

Not ricing

My current phone is an LG stylo 2 v and its atrocious. It constantly freezes, shuts off at 79% or lower when on data or wifi (especially data), low on storage, runs nougat, bootloader is locked and the camera is dogshit. I live in the US, im with verizon, and as for features I would like something with a good camera for front and rear pictures, at least 64 gb storage idc about audio jacks anymore. Size preferably 6.5 in but im willing to compromise.

Where are the front sensors though

The wait continues

What's so special about the OnePlus One that custom roms love it?

OP7P with gcam

What front sensors?

Control + F
>fold
>no results found
Only thing I care about. No need to by any new phones if all you do is read, use the internet and text.

buy a Mi Max 3

>falling for the foldable meme
Wait at least 5 years to them being useable if they just don't discard the idea completely due how retarded it is.

Yeah, don't die either, that's only for noobs.

OnePlus 7 Pro with gcam

Its not even out yet

I don't care about their faults.
I don't care about a crease in the screen. I have bought a new phone for nearly a decade. This is literally the only feature that interests me. If I can get a Mate X, I will.

Attached: ....jpg (687x652, 102K)

Attached: 08POCOPHONE-F1-Launch.jpg (2784x1856, 640K)

Give it ten days and it will.

What 'feature'? Fucking zoomer. It's the gimmickest of gimmicks.
why even get the girl on the left? Her face literally looks busted. And the middle one looks nervous.

budget phone, budget ladyboys.

Do it, someone has to found the tech after all.

Is Redmi 7 ok? Not Note 7. I need LTE in the band 4 which the Note 7 doesn't have. I'm not a heavy user but I want something nice.

My thoughts exactly LOL

>And the middle one looks nervous.
lmao right

If you buy apple/samsung you are braindead.

Xiaomi is the only and truly way to go.

Their software is pretty bad

Yeah, apple/samsung is garbage

They are under the display, check Galaxy S10 teardown, since 1+ uses OLED/AMOLED, it should be pretty much the same tech.

Looking for a new phone compatible with Verizon, my priorities are
>Decent camera(s)
>AMOLED display
>headphone jack
>large battery or good SOT
>efficient SOC (anything better than the 805 is good in my book)
>6GB of RAM minimum
>no notch, although waterdrop notch is fine
>expandable storage
>some sort of water resistance, I won't be taking showers with my phone though
My budget is $450, it's looking like the upcoming Z4 Play will fit the bill but I highly doubt the headphone jack will be resurrected knowing Lenovo

Why is Google obsessed with removing SDcard slots from their phones?

OP6T, OP7, Mi9 or S10E.

What is the best for the money and will last me a long time.