Laptops

>razer, HP, Gigabyte, Dell, and Lenovo all coming out with laptops with 240hz, or already have 144hz displays
>"gaming" laptops coming with x-rite certification
>"gaming" laptops coming out with 100% adobe RGB color gamut
>bigger batteries from 80-99WHr
>standard 16-32GB of ram
>standard 512 to 1TB of fast nvme storage
>can upgrade parts without much difficulty
>better graphics cards than before
>prices rival the macbook

Is there a reason to buy apple anymore? They're losing reasons to buy them, and no matter how gay gayming laptops are, not all of them look like gamer trash.

Attached: 124457697.png (604x667, 469K)

>upgrade
I'll believe it when I see it

Alienware 51M

>16:9
so close

go back

Usually only RAM and the NVME SSD.

In case of MSI you have to disassamble the whole damn thing to access the RAM because they went full retard and mounted it on the back side of the mainboard.

Gonna buy a Razer with 256 gig, then buy a 1tb SSD for cheap and replace it.

That's not a upgrade that's a basic human right

>OLED monitor
>on a fucking laptop
What do I do if I don't want to buy a new one in a year or less because of burn in?

one day it will be the norm, it's the last thing these vendor need to make it a perfect production device
wow we got a hot head here, why don't you take a break from Jow Forums kid, you look mad for no reason.

buy a different brand or don't select the oled? Razer is still too cringe for me to ever buy, the only non-gamery looking laptops are Dell's XPS 15 and the Aero15X

>That's not a upgrade that's a basic human right

Attached: 1chcx5.jpg (1200x675, 86K)

People like apple because of macOS. Windows isn't trendy and loonix is worse.

I personally use a 1080p XPS13 with Fedora GNU/Linux on it, and get 12 hours of battery life. Send me a (you) when gaymer laptops can dothat

Attached: ylbb8a8yobizofmehvqw.jpeg.jpg (1920x1080, 1.33M)

Getting xps 13 2018 with 8th gen i7 next week. Fucking beautiful piece of hardware

OP compares it to a MacBook and you think he's a gaymer?

Are you autistic or something, I'm talking about the 15inch macbook user. You know, the one with the graphics card in it? The 13 inch doesn't have a dedicated GPU and neither does your Dell XPS13. I gave my mom one, she loves it so I'm glad you like it too.

ok, can someone give me a quick rundown on the OLED burnin issue? And why every TV manufacturer out there claims that they solved the issue?

Attached: 1495513485121.jpg (305x309, 54K)

Why do you need a gpu retard? Only application would be meme learning but you'd be retarded to not offload the calculations to a powerful machine.

>Guyz guyz steaming pile of shit beat stinky steamy pile of shit!!
>Also don't mention good products. If it doesn't have a gpu, a meme refresh rate and a high price tag I don't wanna hear about it xd

>ok, can someone give me a quick rundown on the OLED burnin issue?
Static stuff on the screen leaves behind a "shadow" that stays around even when turned off, on a computer it's going to be desktop icons and the task bar.

>And why every TV manufacturer out there claims that they solved the issue?
Because they lie through their teeth and Murricans don't have product warranty.

thanks user, I know what burnin is, i remember back in the day it was a major issue in LCD but it didn't take them long to fix it. so why burnin is still an issue on OLED after all these years?
Also for the TV claims, it is in German markets where basic warranty is two years minimum.

Attached: 1492345534278.jpg (460x701, 62K)

the pixels in oled have extremely short (comparatively) lifespans
if you have elements that you're displaying that are unchanging, like a channel logo on tv, or your taskbar on the computer, there's a uniform amount of decay on those pixels where the more active parts of the screen are not being subject to since they're showing things more "randomly"

once you hide the channel bug or the task bar, the pixels where those elements were displayed leave behind a burned in ghost (lighter if black element, darker if white element) due to them having decayed at a different rate than the random portion of the screen

LCD have liquid crystals that block light or permit it to pass through. They are then backlit with white light and you get your picture that way. OLED uses tiny LEDs for every pixel on the screen and they give the picture that way. However, these tiny LEDs are organic and much like biological systems, will eventually degrade. MicroLED will be much the samem but the tiny LEDs will be inorganic and will last much longer.

Why post in this thread if you're too autisic to have a conversation on the subject at hand? I never said 13 inch laptops are bad, but continue with your bait child, you're only making yourself look stupid.

lol

when are we going to get Micro LED?

It's available right now! Limitations, however, include size such that you can't get a 4K display under 75 inches and price where the display will set you back ~100,000 burgers.

Attached: 1523443929787.png (470x540, 344K)

so, five to eight more years. thanks user, and have a good night.

Attached: 1494266189825.jpg (900x2200, 768K)

You never said you were talking exclusively about 15inchers yet alone said discussion about 13inchers was prohibited.
Stop trying to project your own autism on me.

>calling people children on Jow Forums
ok retard