/brave/

I don't want to be called a shill, but explain me why shouldn't I use this as my main browser if the only thing I do is fucking browse the internet like a regular human being with no disgusting paraphilias.

Attached: Bravee.jpg (960x640, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/palemoon.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/http.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
finance.yahoo.com/news/fake-metamask-crypto-malware-pulled-090600014.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I quit Firefox when mozilla fired Eich Brendan and switched to chorme.

Last yer i got the news that mozilla was even more woke.
Last month i saw FF and Chrome removing Dissenters from their stores.
Yesterday i got to know how Firefox messed up on something that people have warned not to do.
I had the executable of Brave in my downloads folder for days. i just installed it, and then installed it on every other computer of mines, and on my phones and tablet. And basically i have just switched my life to Brave.

I know too little about brave to say if it's bad or not, but the idea that you have to be doing something wrong to care about privacy is quiet stupid

forced today to use another browser because of soros idiotic employees at firefuck.
Tried a lot and so far this one browser delivers what i need.

I switched to pale moon
so far very happy with it

It's actually good on Android. On desktop, no. Chromium is pure cancer.

fucking brave shills

Meh, if idiots want to eat shit, let 'em. It's not hurting my feelings.

spyware.neocities.org/articles/palemoon.html

many anons looking for a new browser now, op is asking about the negative points of brave, what is the problem?

You did follow the mitigation guide, right user?

Persuade me. Sell me on its privacy and security features, particularly how it is better than FF and Chrome, because I'm getting mighty sick of both.

>what is the problem
I didn't say there was a problem with that. My comment was in response to shills in general. I thought it was clear I don't care what anyone else uses.

build in https everywhere, scriptblock, adblock, webrtc block, all chrome addons work on it

Because you can do that better on Firefox, which actually respects your privacy unlike Brave which...

1. Is built on Chromium and still has the designs and features thereof, which are less user/privacy focused than Firefox.
2. The parts that differ from Chromium are not major improvements. They include a tracker/ad blocker that is no better and probably worse than the default one in Firefox and definitely worse than UBlock Origin, but they also shape it so that they block other people's ads SO THEY CAN INSERT THEIR OWN IN THE SPACE. This is also connected to the Basic Attention Token (BAT) cryptocurrency they push in order to bolster both ends (buying and viewing ads etc) of their ad ecosystem. There's a lot of hand-wavy things about privacy and doing it right, but they still have things they want to sell and that means you need to view certain content - its no better than Ghostery or AdBlock Plus when they in the past sold certain ad networks the way to bypass their filters etc. If they really wanted to do opt-in user focused ad replacement for the good of users and to allow advertising to be less shit online, they could have easily made it an extension for ANY browser. But they didn't, along with many other choices.

Firefox is the best browser out there for openness and user focused experience.

>Firefox is the best browser out there for openness and user focused experience.

Attached: 1547668097666.png (136x171, 54K)

I wouldn't be looking at another browser right now if firefox didn't each shit and make everyone lose their extensions, and until they give a permanent fix, I will be using something else, brave and waterfox are the only 2 that seem to work.

Is there a way to make the font rendering not shit? I know it's webkit's fault since chrome's rendering sucks ass too

idk i don't like this shit

Attached: rewareds-1.png (800x440, 320K)

disable it

literally backed by soros you double nigger

What do you mean "seem to work"? Also, why can't you just install the immediately available fix (either via Studies and/or manual installation?)? I dont' think there's any reason to use another browser when that fix is seamlessly available and if for some reason you don't like it, there are at least 2 workarounds you could use instead.

Every so often a company will fuck up something about a cert, and its even more impressive that it failed secure, not vulnerable causing the issue - the cert was no longer good, so addons couldn't be verified as intended and thus disabled. Everyone would be bitching about Mozilla being hacks if the opposite happened and some asshole took the chance to update a malicious version of some addon or whatnot.

This is absolutely minimal here with Firefox and watching everyone get bent out of shape about it is crazy. For literally a few hours the issue was at its worst, Mozilla listed immediate workarounds and called people in on a friday night/sat morning in order to create a seamless fix.

Leave it to Brendan to make up for your lack of degeneracy!

Attached: Brendan Eich, founder of Brave Software.webm (360x640, 2.56M)

shill

it just feels slow and clunky every time i use it, like the entire ui is lagging

Hey, there's no shame in being hungry on the roa- wait is that her foot

cause it's made in germany
>inb4 germany are privacy-based because they don't have streetview!! lol!@!

Tried both and neither "stuck" after I rebooted, so now I'm waiting on something to fall down the stream and fix it, also, I would be calling them hacks for something like this if they weren't on the ball about it, how in the FUCK does something that large go unnoticed?

Scheiß BNDneger

Yeah I disabled BAT and that "reward" bullshit. I like everything else about brave.

So basically Chromium with a few extensions >>> Brave?

>spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
>spyware.neocities.org/articles/http.html
That shit blog is not an argument, the skitzo calls everything spyware
It's optional, if you're not a cryotofag just disable it.
Probably an issue with chromium more than brave
Pozilla damage control out in full force
Built-in native ad blocker, tor support to get past geo-blocks, DAT if you're a cryptofag, chromium-based so it'll work with any worthwhile extensions and some nice tweaks thrown in. I preferred the old design but the new one is fine, I'd still suggest using ublock and umatrix however as the built in ad blocker doesn't have perfect coverage yet

Programmers are pants on head retarded about SSL expiration/renewal/revocation/updates and PKI, even web focused ones. It's somewhat understandable but still a big fuckup.

t. sec eng

There is nothing brave does better than chromium+ublock

OH NONONONO

i don't get it in chrome, chromium or iridium

I know but it was not a reason for me not to use it:
-Google analytics on their home page doesn't matter because I changed the homepage immediately and google analytics is blocked in my hostfile anyway
-everything else is just stuff you can change in about:config. Would have been nice if they did it by default like icecat, but it doesn't look like there's bad intent behind it and easy to fix

Firefox spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html

spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html

>j-j-just follow a guide
hahah the cope is real

Attached: browser guide.png (1200x1500, 207K)

Brave used to be shit a few years ago as it was incomplete, but now it's the best de-googlefied chrome browser
like some anons said even if you don't like it on desktop, it is probably the best mobile browser still

not him, but your autism is real
the "guide" is literally turning off 3 things in about:config that were set to true only because they're basic malware blacklists many people expect in a browser

Why the fuck are you surprised? Same goes with tor browser and every other little 'fork' i mean fuck, you can turn regular Firefox into 'top nsa browser' aka tor by downloading the few add-ons and a hardened user.js config

What a disingenuous faggot. The facebook/Google scripts they whitelisted was so that the faggots on Jow Forums and elsewhere could still sign into certain sites with their facebook/Google login. When it was disabled before you ads bimbos would REEEEEE about Brave being broken. I swear the only solution seems to be taking a hammer to you water brained baby fags.

>Brave: A Privacy Focused Browser
>But also we have a built in ad ecosystem that will pay you
Who actually believes this startup tier marketing strategy?

Attached: 1530373208381.jpg (640x478, 49K)

Not be part of the botnet for one.

because normal people usually buy stuff online and you don't want to be stoled by this shit scam browser. Retarded paid shill

sure. until one of "your fave extension devs" fucks up and lets some pajeet take over the extensions chrome store web page and replaces it with malware.

finance.yahoo.com/news/fake-metamask-crypto-malware-pulled-090600014.html

There's no risk of that with Brave because the sensible shit most people download as an extension (adblock) is already built in to the browser.

you could also just email that information to whoever runs that blog so he can add it to the article. he's obviously just trying to help

It's rightwing spyware.

>"people"
they're robots, user.

nice conspiracy user

>votnet

Attached: vot.jpg (360x481, 70K)

>Installed to test it
>Automatically installs without giving options
>No ability to choose the installation path
>Uninstalled

I'll give it a try since i'm installing windows atm anyways

Attached: lisa.png (2532x1440, 1.45M)

It's great, I use it on mobile, but on desktop it's puss-spewing anal hemorrhage garbage.

What are you actually trying to convey inbetween your madman ramblings? Is Brave better than its verdict given here spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html? Because these accusations are quite severe and alarming if true.

I was just about to install Brave on my PC because honestly I've had it with them ever since Soros and Resetera took over - I've been using that browser since 2002 and yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm not going back, ever.

Attached: 1410336966868.png (600x700, 631K)

>Because these accusations are quite severe and alarming if true.

If you can't tell by yourself why the ramblings of some schizo who knows jackshit about security are bullshit, then just go back to IE.

I mean, it's certainly not great, but compared to jewgle chrome or cuckzilla, it's a far better alternative. And the biggest thing about brave that has me leaning that way is that at least they seem to be trying.

Attached: images(5).jpg (223x226, 9K)

If this was your attempt at clearing my doubts and putting my mind at ease, I must inform you that you did not succeed.

Attached: should have seen this coming.gif (225x169, 1.79M)

pretty good on mobile tbqfh

This garbage leaves 2 "update" services running in my system even after I unistall it. Be careful and remove it manually. Who knows what they send back.

Using a shit browser to own the libs

what the ...

brave is shit but at least it's better than firefox, chomre, edge, or safari.

Brendan Eich ... A Feet Fag ...

Attached: Anime Feet.jpg (480x360, 56K)