Firefox 66.0.4 is out

ttp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/66.0.4/win64/en-US/
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/66.0.4/releasenotes/

Attached: 246x0w.jpg (246x246, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.4channel.org/g/thread/70821403/
storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/[email protected]
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1549017
download-installer.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/firefox/releases/66.0.4/win64/en-US/Firefox Setup 66.0.4.exe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how can a big organization like mozilla be so careless to let a cert expire?

Fucking finally. I hope they sacked the faggot who was at fault.

>WR.zilla.troj
>virustotal
WHAT
KIND
OF
FUCKED
UP
PERSON
WORKS
AT
MOZILLA?

and we need a second thread about it... why?

add ons still not working

Lol Firefox on suicide watch

This is what happens when you put more effort into a social justice blog than in your biggest fucking product

already switched to another browser, big mistake Firefox

how do I fix this shit on 56? was still using it because quantum broke addons I like

which one?

kaspersky keeps deleting it? what is going on?

brave and waterfox

boards.4channel.org/g/thread/70821403/

I installed this earlier today
storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/[email protected]

Do I have to remove it before installing the new update? If yes, how?

fuck yes, I can finally uninstall watershit and stop pretending I like it

why not use waterfox then?

you stupid fucking gooks recommended this fucking piece of shit browser to me. I'll never listen you faggots again!

fuck yeah man, i forgot how goddamn slow pre-quantum firefox was

What, and reducethe diversity ratio they worked so hard to achieve? I don't think so.

does the xpi not appear in about:addons? should be easy to remove from there
then check about:debugging after browser restart to see if it is really gone

I just updated via the about page, so that's working now. Release Notes have been updates as well.

>Fixed
>>Repaired certificate chain to re-enable web extensions that had been disabled

>>unresolved
>A small number of add-ons may be listed as unsupported or may not appear in about:addons. Their data is not lost; users should be able to re-install the add-ons and recover the data (Bug 1549129). More support information
>If add-ons that use Containers functionality (such as Multi-Account Containers and Facebook Container) were disabled as part of this problem, any lost site data or custom configurations for those add-ons will not be recovered by this release. Users may need to set them up and login again in about:addons (Bug 1549204). More support information
>Themes may not be re-enabled. Users may need to re-enable them in about:addons (Bug 1549022). More support information
>Home page or search settings customized by an add-on may be reset to defaults. Users may need to customize them again in about:preferences or about:addons (Bug 1549192).

>does the xpi not appear in about:addons?
No, it does not. Only UO is there. about:studies meanwhile has prefflip-push-performance-1491171 and hotfix-disable-websockets-over-h2-65-1523978, but not new one...

wew it isn't even a real fix

UMMM why the FUCK was this automatically re-enabled?!?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 13.52.55.png (612x322, 61K)

Hmm, wasn't reenabled for me. Might be location based or some spooky shit.

Attached: 652.jpg (600x600, 37K)

>fixed 1
>unresolved 4

based

why didn't they test this shit before throwing it out in the open

already switched to waterfox, fuck mozilla

>tfw Solus repository won't be updated for a while
>Mfw the certificate hotfix linked to by anons expires after around an hour, breaking the addons yet again
>Xpi required signatures bullshit keeps reverting
REEEEEEEEEEE, I JUST WANT A BROWSER THAT JUST WERKS
FUCK CHROME, FUCK MOZILLA, FUCK FURFAGS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, FUCK JANNIES

I won't update firefox ever again after this shit

Still got the hotfix in about:debugging after the update, what now?

Attached: Screenshot (82).png (819x437, 15K)

doesn't work

well that's weird
it worked for esr
but the 'fix' .xpi didn't

C:\Users\[YOURPCNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[YOURPROFILE]\extensions

Delete it there.

about:support then open your profile folder>extension folder then delete the hotfix from there

based, thanks

> Worked for Mozilla from 2011-2015
> Still know 4-5 people there
> You have to literally not do your job (as in, straight up just not do anything and openly admit to this, any amount of excuses will work), for probably 6+ months to get fired. Outside of "reorganizing" groups and laying you off for "not being able to find a place for you" (very obvious internal political shit), there is no way to get fired.

yeah mine don't work either

Agile work process, gotta live on the edge of the edge baby

>fix require latest release

So if Im on 56 I have to either install latest to have addons working and absolutely horrible interface where everything takes 2-3x more mouse click to access (fuck whoever thought it would be good idea to remove quick restoring of last opened tabs) and tabs take 50% of upper screen instead of full upper bar or left with nonfunctional browser?

Do I have any other options? It's like two equally shitty solutions. I just want to safely browse net with ad block and not sending everything to parent company so fuck Chrome and every chromium browser.

Same, no clue. Classic theme restorer and adblock broke so I'm kinda in hell right now

Why are you missing on glorious e10's? Are you retarded? Pls don't answer that

What? Ad blocker is not working? Ublock Origin is the main addon for me!

Because browsing on it is like wading through quicksand.

HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG my addons are finally back!!!!!!

why arent there 16 threads on this?!

Every option being easy to access, ui being intuitive, closed tabs quick to restore, tabs showing full names and tab bar not being compressed to some tiny part of screen.

I am in the same boat as you, cant update, and I am too fucked to update all the extensions myself to the new extension format.

Not that I could anyways as its all API now that ask permission to do some things instead of telling Firefox that it it the extensions bitch now.

my session for keeping aware of what goes on in the world starts at 474 tabs, and between tree style tab, load tabs progressively, reload tabs progressively and a few other memory management things, I would rather not have to spend time to recreate this in any other browser or version of browser. especially now knowing that I am not the master and gatekeeper of the software running on my owned hardware.

I'm not missing any of that. Glorious e10's may live for evah

Same. Last time I tried to update to the latest version of FF last year (whichever it was, I can't even remember), the UI sucked ass and over half my add-ons died. Had to restore every add-on manually and restoring everything after downgrading.

Is Jow Forums running like a bitch for anyone else? I thought it was because of the broken FF, but even after the update, it running really shit, but not other sites...

I'm in the same situation, just using 55 instead of 56

Is there any particular reason they couldn't just make the update apply to older versions as well?

Doesn't work. I'm having to set my computer's clock back two days to circumvent this bullshit, but it's blocking me from viewing a number of sites because the times don't match.

Fuck Mozilla.

My add-ons are back
I wonder if there's anything to go into config and modify to false/turned off to prevent mozilla from shitting around. Probably not as Normandy just proved they can d-day users even if they tried to hide in a bunker and not update shit

>Is there any particular reason they couldn't just make the update apply to older versions as well?
I don't think you know the meaning of the word Update anymore.

I meant to write fix there, my bad

Maybe if someone merges that specific fix into older code and compile it but I don't think it will ever happen.
So you can either update or use the alternative fixes.

Eh, figures

Most of the alternative fixes I've found haven't worked for me but I'll continue digging around because there's no way in hell I'm going to use the latest versions of firefox

>the only fix is to force all users to update
This was their plan all along. Gotta get dem updates goy

You can turn set app.normandy.enabled to false.

Brave literally runs on Chromium
Waterfox probably does too, but haven't seen it.

Waterfox is a firefox fork.

Figures... well if we're out of options for browsers who will rise from the ashes to create a safe and secure browser made just four the channels?

does not work for me

>to create a safe and secure browser made just four the channels?
This

Outer Heaven when?

Even if it did, its only temporary.

Kindly report back, should you find any.

what about for older versions?

this

If I do this will I basically open the gates for future add-on installations without my permission?
What the fuck? God damn TrannyFox employees should all be fired.

Man I hope this at least encourages add-on devs to move away from FF and Chrome start developing on all these other browsers. I'm sick of being glues to sjwfox.

FOR THOSE USING WANGBLOWS VERSION 56 AND UNDER:

1] Shut down Firefox
2] Open extensions.json in Notepad++ or something that has a replace words function to make your life easier. Search it in:
(AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles)
3] CTRL+F opens search, go to replace tab and then (include quotes):
Replace all instances of "appDisabled":true to "appDisabled":false
Replace all instances of "signedState":-1 to "signedState":2
Save, make it "read only" in file properties and start browser.
Go to Addon-Page. Don't be confused by addons asking to restart browser, just disable each addon manually and then enable it again. THEN restart browser.
4] If addons become disabled again it's because Firecuck created an extensions.json.temp/tmp in the same folder, just deleta that dogshit OR copy paste the content from the original extensions.json and make this one read only as well.
Shit will work now. Fuck Cuckzilla, fuck Muhammad, and most of all FUCK JANNIES.

Attached: 1307627501244.png (477x357, 207K)

ESR working with "xpinstall.signatures.required" enable.

Attached: working.png (1588x762, 104K)

I found a fix on
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1549017
Scroll down and you'll find a post beginning in "Note Well" which explains how to go about fixing it

However about 20-30 minutes after implementing the fix it seemed to revert the whole thing and all my addons were deactivated again

Hey, retards using pre-v57 Firefox...
How does it feel to have your precious ancient XUL addons no longer function? How does it feel when you realize that Mozilla is never going to push out an update to fix your ancient, unsupported browser versions?
The fix is easy! Just install the latest version of Firefox! Now all of your addons can be shiny new WebExtensions, without any of that old XUL bloat!
download-installer.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/firefox/releases/66.0.4/win64/en-US/Firefox Setup 66.0.4.exe

Attached: 1556933576358.gif (384x372, 2.83M)

Tried this, worked for 11 hours then it said that add-ons will be disabled after restart. I unchecked everything and restarted it. Everything was still enabled but scripts didn't work and the "User Scripts" tab in "about:addons" was also missing, Greasemonkey said they still worked despite them having no effects so I eventually tried Tampermonkey but fiefox won't let me download the add-on for no reasons.
Seriously fuck this mess, I'm going to sleep and hope shit will be fixed when I come back from work. I even took a screenshot of your post hours ago in case this shit would occur again.

Attached: 40c5e6ed-0b24-4adc-80f5-f7a353fca775.png (988x243, 44K)

Disregard my post, user posted the very same fix and it seems he even explains how to prevent it from reverting

Based brainless aqua.

If you're using an outdated, unsupported version of Firefox, it will NEVER be fixed!
The fix is to update to the latest version of Firefox.

That's what I've been doing but this however
>Save, make it "read only" in file properties and start browser
Does nothing and is still temporary. Firefox will just create a extensions.json.tmp file.

Switch to a non-branded build of whatever version you prefer.
Then the about:config option will work. It's been disabled in Mozilla official distributions since 46.

about fucking time

Same, my laptop firefox had been working fine till this afternoon when it too disabled everything. I figured what the hell and tried this update, nope nothing changed.

Real nice there mozilla.

If I can not be the master of my ship anymore I will just burn it all to the fucking ground, never looking back.
If a PERMANENT fix for older versions is not provided within a week I will switch to another browser, no fucks given and start anew. I wish a slow and painful death and unemployment to all the trannyfaggots at Mozilla.

Attached: Mozilla's market share after 05.04.2019.gif (150x120, 1.3M)

>clicked restart to update
>it just fucking closed
>open again
>nothing changed
Why can't it even self update properly?

No matter what you switch to, your precious old XUL extensions are never coming back. Just switch to the latest version of Firefox, 66.0.4!

Attached: 1556957228793.jpg (511x509, 36K)

who cares, fuck Mozilla

This

Nigga, I've sat at my desk and watched videos on my phone for three years straight. This isn't out of the ordinary. Welcome to the world of charity and government contracts.

>"you're billable!"
>what does that mean?
>"it means the company/charity gets paid hundreds of dollars an hour for you to get paid dozens of dollars an hour!"
>cool, do I have to do anything?
>"don't tell anyone or I swear to fucking Christ I'll kill your entire family!"

You did it to yourself.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: $(date.png (1920x1080, 421K)

Works on my machine.

Attached: works on my machine.jpg (1399x857, 155K)

Is there any hope for a permanent fix for older versions or do I just delete and find a new browser now?

It's dead, Jack.

Update your dam browser?

god bless you

Afaik you can disable the signature chavk in ESR, developer and Nightly versions, so you might want to swith to an older version of thoose builds.

wait a couple days, don't be hasty now.
you can also install another browser and use it parallel to TrannyFox