"i use linux as my operating system," i state proudly to the unkempt, bearded man...

"i use linux as my operating system," i state proudly to the unkempt, bearded man. he swivels around in his desk chair with a devilish gleam in his eyes, ready to mansplain with extreme precision. "actually," he says with a grin, "linux is just the kernel. you use GNU+linux." i don't miss a beat and reply with a smirk, "i use alpine, a distro that doesn't include the GNU coreutils, or any other GNU code. it's linux, but it's not GNU+linux."

the smile quickly drops from the man's face. his body begins convulsing and he foams at the mouth as he drop to the floor with a sickly thud. as he writhes around he screams "I-IT WAS COMPILED WITH GCC! THAT MEANS IT'S STILL GNU!" coolly, i reply "if windows was compiled with gcc, would that make it GNU?" i interrupt his response with "and work is being made on the kernel to make it more compiler-agnostic. even if you were correct, you won't be for long."

with a sickly wheeze, the last of the man's life is ejected from his body. he lies on the floor, cold and limp. i've womansplained him to death.

Attached: dabbix.png (112x112, 6K)

haha upboated

tits or gtfo

Now this is podracing.

FreeBaSeD

Even without a trace of GNU, Linux is still a kernel. It never has been, or ever will be an operating system. Whereas OP will always be a faggot.

Attached: 1519156234416.png (500x449, 258K)

KEKEKKE LINKEKS WOODDSCREWS WOWOAWIEWA 3,5 GIGS OVERHEATING HOUSEFIREEEEES NO DRIVERS ULTRA MAXIMUS KEKES JEW JEWS JEWSSS!VELODENSITY FLACS WOOOW 320KBPS EMPEETHREE TRANSPARENT JAVA IS TEH SUCKS C++ BETERRRRR TRIED RUST?MOZILLA FIREKEKS S SHIT PALE MEME QBIT STALLED MEMEMEMME DARKASMYSOUL.JPG SHARK SDCARDS CHNESE CHINK MAKI MAKI FLAVOR OF THE MONTH SHITPAOSTING XDDDD NOCTUA VALUE????WHY DO YU HATE LE YT CHANNEL GUY(HE/SHE/IT IS KEKKKK)ADAMS APPLE >>>V >>>/V/ > GTti epic PERFORMACE 10NM BENEFITS HEAT HEADATSSS BOIIII WHADDAPZ FREUENCY RESPNCE KEKEK;E;E; WOW MUCH MPVFOOBARGALAXYLG S7000 SHOWING ME LE CAWK BOIPUCCI LELEL LE MR ROBOT ARCH LE BABBIE SHIT WHY COMPP CRSSHING PLS HALP y not le dumbphone??I GOT BOXWANNA C WATS INSIDE IT
LE FELL FOR THE SSD MEME XCDCD LE MAYYYYMAYSSSS LELELLELE FELL FOR THE(.......)16 MEMMEMEM
FREEDOM FREEEDOM FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOM
WHAT YOU ARE REFFERING TO AS NIGGERPOST IS IN FACT /NIGGER/SHITPOST
VISTAROONI INSTLLEROONI WINDOOOZER LELE LUNICKI SHITTT OMG WOOWOW LE MACBOOK CAPLELE ALLPLE TOUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

holy fuck this pasta has evolved beautifully, thank you

Attached: happy pappy.jpg (855x418, 46K)

You didn't build this libc.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Took me a second to recognise the copypasta. When I did, I must admit I had myself a good little angry tirade. I typically don't find 'Internet copypastas' especially annoying or angering, in fact it took me years to stop appreciating the classic 'Navy SEAL' copypasta. Nonetheless, in today's bitter political climate, I find solace in more traditional forms of humour, a little bit of an injection of real comedy in this world full of 'irony' and 'dankness'. Ironically bad jokes are still bad jokes people - NEWSFLASH. This is a bang up unoriginal job, and I hope to see much, much less of you in the future.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, BusyBox/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, BusyBox plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Alpine system made useful by the BusyBox corelibs, musl compiler, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the BusyBox system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of BusyBox which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the BusyBox system, developed by Erik Andersen and others. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system.

This thread is reddit

t.newfag

neither of you are lying...

Attached: 1534152001313.jpg (2048x1024, 89K)

based and dabpilled

Attached: 0445d51d07806cbc2bddae22076a735d.jpg (985x555, 56K)

>and sometimes you have to swallow your prize and accept the facts.
ummm... excuse me sweaty you mean 'accept the fax'.

GNU/Linux is wrong as well. It's just GNU.

your mouth is like a ballsack

I saw this on mastodon once. good copypasta.

um isn't alpine dead now

Based and trannypilled

Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Vista, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.

Please, stop posting shitty bait. Please. You actively contribute to the decline of this board.

This is a quality thread

*Hugs*

Why do retards think the GNU part is about the Unix clones the GNU project wrote? The GNU operating system was a project of the GNU project to create a free Unix clone, just as GRUB was to create a free bootloader. If the OS is a free clone of Unix it is the GNU operating system, regardless of the software it uses. Such is the nature of free software.

A quick Google search shows that Alpine has GNU packages

(most of the posters in this threa)
zoom zoom, my fellow le ebin redditor basedboys.

Get the fuck out and stop trying to fit in newfag

>BSD is GNU
Want to know how I know yoi're retarded? Just because they wanted to write a free unix clone, that doesn't mean that every free unix clone is GNU. This is kindergarten-tier shit.

BSD isn't free even if it uses a lot of software from the GNU project.

>112x112 OP image
was this done on purpose

>intensive purposes

Think again, bucko. The FSF you love so much has declared that the BSD is a free license, even if it is non-copyleft.
What now?

So the Berkeley distributions claim to be a descendant of Unix, yet they also claim to be free? Note, the BSD licenses (there are two) are not related to the Berkeley distributions necessarily.

Linux is fucking dead jews aka spooks have been in swarms destroying linux the past year.

Attached: 9B0F402D-A1A2-4D75-8285-2716565CE91A.gif (511x512, 105K)