Do valve actually think proton will ever get 100% compatibility?

Do valve actually think proton will ever get 100% compatibility?

Attached: Valve-Proton-Steam-580x334.jpg (580x334, 20K)

Only needs to get close enough on most popular stuff

Probably not but it's gonna get close enough for most people.

It's at like 95% right now, who cares if some obscure titles don't work?

>95%
"no"

Attached: file.png (820x343, 65K)

>It's at like 95% right now, who cares if some obscure titles don't work?

Attached: Screenshot_20190505-231203__01.jpg (1080x1194, 207K)

It's amazing that it's even 50%, considering they have to work around microdick's proprietary garbage.
If microsoft open sourced their shit, it would easily be >90%

Oh so 80% of them work. That's good enough, gay ass devs should release Linux native anyway.

i dont know about 100% but its enough that i dont feel the need to run windows anymore

It's quite misleading as 30% are native linux games. Really only 30% of windows only titles are actually playable without tweaks and even then it's hit or miss depending on hardware and drivers.

Attached: Screenshot_20190505-232023__01.jpg (1080x1177, 196K)

Welp, no version of Windows has 100% compatibility either

why do you HATE proton?

It doesn't have to, if everything works out developers will just press the Linux build button in their framework, or make their engine with Vulkan to begin with so the porting is simpler.

In my experience most Silver games would be Gold+ by just including a profile that changes a setting.
There's games I've played through that are silver with no problems after changing a single bit.
Meanwhile there's games rated as gold or even platinum where certain textures render as black hours into the game because the person rating them had only run through the start.

It's only been 8 months or so since it's release. That's the equivalent of light speed in terms of Linux development.

WinPajeet shill obviously.

It's just a Wine fork, Wine already worked with most of the Windows software out there. It's good to see more development on that project and the Wine team is already backporting Valve's fixes.

> microdick's proprietary garbage
Far more is from rando korean mmo's and similar garbage that require non-functional AC clients that literally don't work anyway.

But wine has autism as a system requirement. Proton is very easy to use, literally just tick a box, or do nothing.

Wine doesn't require any special autism. Plus there's the PlayOnLinux wrapper which makes it as easy as installing the same software on Windows.

I use Wine inside Flatpak because I don't want the botnet to access my files or anything else (e.g. photoshop or games). But it's 32 bit only.
Any script out there showing how to compile multiarch (can run 32/64 at the same time) inside a Flatpak? I don't want to use Winepak (abandonware) that overcomplicates things by a mile.
I even asked on reddit once but all the retards kept asking "why?? why??? playonlinux lutris hurr durr". Downvoted to hell.

flatpak is too limited to compile WoW64 wine without ugly hacks just give up

As a Russian botnet crypto miner I love those flatpaks.

I made the flatpak from scratch and the problem is not viruses but botnet. Same risk as running any closed source software without flatpak.

Why is there not a way to set global launch options?

>Wine doesn't require any special autism.
That's bullshit. I remember having to compile Wine from source to include patches to get brushes in Photoshop working correctly because the Wine devs didn't want to include them for whatever arbitrary reason. It was a massive pain in the ass and Photoshop was still clunky.

wine has to be configured and optimized for specific software

this is why lutris > proton, IMO

>It's just a Wine fork
to which they added their own patches before renaming it "proton"

this

Maybe in 2005