Server support

Hey Jow Forums, I need your help. Some local company is looking for someone to hire for server support.
I applied and been chosen to do an interview next week. I actually don't know anything about servers and I stated that I'm only a web developer on my CV. They told me that they appreciate my youth and enthusiasm.
Anyway, what's server support supposed to do anyway and what are some things I should know before doing the interview ?

Attached: 1480201790316.jpg (1024x724, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

javlibrary.com/en/vl_star.php?s=anfa
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you gotta support the server, basically

>you gotta support the server
15% tip at least.

Depends on what the company is doing...
It's basically from just keeping the fuckers uptime cranked up to 24/7 or even fucking check up on the programs running depending on how competent they are.

Is it that simple tho ?

Attached: 007890789124.png (370x480, 380K)

Well, the company is kinda big, though I think I'm going to be like a junior support since the data may be too important.

server is just a computer with architecture of software and hardware that are build to use as a host to other devices..
vps is a virtual machine that running minimal OS that connect to the internet with apace engine or other software..

when you send req to google.com
your network card send a signal to the router that
that give him an ip than the router send it to the modem throw the ISP to the internet than the req get to the server and server send response mostly html,css,js in case of webservers..
thats it..

the company doesn't have a rack you have to support the servers by holding them up

Thanks user, I'll try to remember that.

Goddamn, I'm weak af and also a manlet. Then push-ups it is.

Whos the one in the black dress? Cant find a name from image searching.

Hitomi tanaka

I think it's Anri Okita, she still looks fine as hell here.

javlibrary.com/en/vl_star.php?s=anfa

sauce on the big tit one?

Again, Anri Okita

They advertise for server support. You tell them you have none. They say fine anyway. Very suspicious. They're looking for someone to pay peanuts to while expecting unrealistic amounts of hours and commitment from. Nevertheless head on over and get what you can out of it.

the one on the left has her bare ass on the chair.
hot, what's her name?

Sorry user, I don't know.

>They told me that they appreciate my youth and enthusiasm.
They are going to make you sign a non-compete and bring you on as a salaried worker that is overtime exempt and make you work like a hundred hours of overtime.

Attached: 865433.jpg (402x402, 13K)

This faggot is right.
You're better off starting your own consulting firm, and having them pay you per incident.

thanks lad

I know, I still can't wrap my head around it. It's common for some companies to send agents to my faculty to do mini-interviews and hire students.
The woman who interviewed me was a milf who told me that she liked how great it is to find enthusiastic young people, and that she's going to have a talk with the directors to help me get the position. She even told me that they're going to give me this short pre-paid training to get me ready. And also this respectable salary.
I still don't trust her. It's just too good to be true.

That's what I'm worried about anons

No prob

Attached: 37467409.jpg (474x670, 234K)

tell him you don't know your fucking shit from your fucking ass and butt you want to learn

also be ready to explain what happens when you insert a website URL into your browser and get back a web page. the entire chain from your browser to your fucking stupid modem to the fucking stupid cash to the stupid fucking web servers maybe the databases whatever the fuck you happen to know about maybe the networking shit or whatever the fuck just practice saying it like you're a fucking asshole