Welcome to the botnet

How the fuck do i get a *non* smart TV these days?

Pic related, this is the screen data collection partner of a TV brand ive been looking at boasting on their website about the finely detailed data they can collect on anyone, specifically the brand in question is Philips.

>Because we detect from the glass, we provide data from every port that is plugged in. Viewing data is received across all connected devices - cable boxes, set top boxes, DVRs, OTT devices, gaming consoles, over air broadcast, native TV and more.

I havent bought a TV since 2011. What the fuck happened?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-06 00-45-49.png (503x490, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

inscape.tv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you post the url? This is quite interesting

L O N D O N

>How the fuck do i get a *non* smart TV these days?
Don't connect it to the internet

inscape.tv

To be clear, yes it appears the software running on your TV is actually analysing every frame sent for display on the screen, from any source, in order to profile you and sell you to advertisers and who knows what else.

>I havent bought a TV since 2011

i have never bought a TV ever in my life

>neighbors wifi is momentarily wide open while they change router or get new internet service, or maybe theyre dicking around with a phone hotspot etc
>your TV autoconnects and phones home with the detailed profile its been building of you these past few months. Youve got some weird tastes in 2D but hey its not judging....

Now what?

>Open it up and rip off cameras microphones and the wifi antenna

that's not how it werks. it will go through THEIR connection, not yours. basically making it THEIR smartassTV.
Remember; your neighbours bought the dragon dildos. Not you.
At your place you can always block it in your router to ever call back home.

what the fuck.

the profile is from YOU. its YOUR activity, in your house

I don't know. Would a projector or a computer monitor fit your requirements?

>the profile is from YOU
Who says that? Did you register anywhere with your real name, cc info etc. when you created said profile?

you dont create the fucking profile, it gets compiled on you automatically in the background.

your name isnt even important, whats important is what you watch and what you seem to like.

my fucking god this board is packed with spackers today.

how the fuck does it know if you own a car or if you purchase tires online

I dont know where do you live OP, but here all smart TVs cost like 4 times more compared to stupid TVs. I dont believe you that whatever store you walked in didnt have cheap stupid TVs as well.

Attached: QrPxEm6.jpg (516x466, 175K)

Buy used or broken. Once the screen is okay you could always replace the boards inside if they're fried.

Or get a large computer screen and call it a day.

Yeah but it's connected to their network so it sees their activity, what they bought, what games they've played etc. You idiot. What happens is if it listens to you it has half of your data mashed together with half of their data.

You *don't* have to connect the damn tv to your network, you know.

i cant really find any non fuckin smart tvs anymore.

For that matter there arnet even many 1080p units around, its all 4k meme now.

>itt people still sperging over smart TVs
Just don’t connect the shit to the internet. How hard is that to understand?

Then find models without wifi? Or learn how to use ebay? Or find better shop? I cant imagine place on earth where free market stopped working because all smart tvs are super overpriced.

>I cant imagine place on earth where free market stopped working because all smart tvs are super overpriced.
TV prices as a whole has dropped, smart or not
Slim margins and competition has made prices hit rock bottom and "smart" features have just been another thing that tricked from the high end to the low end, Kinda like how air conditioning was a premium feature in cars and now is standard in any car

>TV
why do you even want to watch the electric jew? Do something better with your time.

TVs are just displays like a monitor, just because you own or want a TV doesn't mean you have to watch broadcast television

Then why not just buy a monitor?..

TVs are a much better value DESU
Right now you can get a 43" 4k TV for less than a comparable monitor and it does damn good in almost every metric from color coverage, accuracy , etc

Not OP, going to buy a PC monitor as my next TV.

You can't really find non-smart TVs, at least not if you want good image quality as well. At that point everything is smart. Do not connect it to the internet and try to find models which have no microphone/voice recognition features at least, might have better luck that way than trying to find something non-smart.