Intcels in full damage control

Intcels in full damage control
techspot.com/news/79942-zen-2-might-not-offer-ipc-increase-you.html

Attached: image.jpg (360x360, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/amd-third-gen-threadripper-roadmap,39254.html
amazon.com/dp/B07B41717Z
hardocp.com/article/2017/01/19/intel_kaby_lake_i77700k_cpu_delid_relid_results
pcgamer.com/intels-tells-core-i7-7700k-owners-to-stop-overclocking-to-avoid-high-temps/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>navi is a huge flop
>zen2 is a huge flop too, can barely keep up with 14nm+++++++ housefires from intel
the absolute STATE of amd

>The 12-core outperformed these five benchmark runs by an average of 5.2%, a much more realistic number.
How do ayymd fanbois get so deluded

Have any new consumer CPUs come out that don't have any hardware-based exploits?

We got too cocky amdbros ...

>The only thing we can really extrapolate on is the fact that Zen 2 processors with eight or fewer cores will not incur the latency penalty associated with the multiple CCX die configuration used in Zen.
Whoever wrote this is not nearly as informed as he wants to seem. The new dies are referred to as core complex dies (ccds) and the commen expectation is that each one contains two zen2 ccxs. We have no idea how the inter core cluster communication works but there's nothing to say that it will be much different from before. Anyway recent testing implies that it's not intercore communication that's slow but when a core looks outside it's L3 it's going straight to ram instead of snooping various other ccx's l3, even on single die ryzens.
In the end his opinion piece isn't that wrong, we still don't know where the improved performance from ryzen3000 will come from, how much the clock speed is up and/or ipc improvements but ipc is affected by different programs so it's hardly a singular value.

>Opinion:
Stopped reading right there. Anyways, some faggots with Rome samples have already confirmed ~12% IPC increase.

Moore's Law is dead, we're all fucked. Engage the alarm.

which means negative -12% in games

the only relevant metric for home computers today

lol

tomshardware.com/news/amd-third-gen-threadripper-roadmap,39254.html
OH NO NO NO
THIRD GEN THREADRIPPER CANCELLED

AMD BTFO'D

this can't be fucking happening

You wont see those again. Ever. Not in high performance cpus

Attached: 1464375613055.png (200x200, 26K)

All things considered AMD doesn't really have to try that hard to gut intel like a fish. See pic related.

A $200 8-core 4.5GHz zen 2 chip with 5% higher IPC would do some very serious damage to their i7-8700K. Considering their 4.1GHz 8c16t 2700 is really close to that mark and the yield rate of 7nm this should be very easy to achieve. A $300 12-core would just add salt to their wounds.

Imho it's not about who can get the max FPS possible but who can get close to that for a fraction of the cost.

amazon.com/dp/B07B41717Z

Attached: ZomboDroid 26042019075355.jpg (1324x2868, 415K)

>$200 8 core
lol

Attached: 1555784944757.png (1000x1000, 67K)

It's not as improbable as you think. Remember because of AMD's chiplet design they don't have to bin single 12 core chips, instead they "glue together" as intel puts it an 8-core chip with another failed 8-core (but with 4 live cores) and a $200 processor + $100 processor is born.

Because of that the price of 8-core chips will tank especially as AMD lights a fire under intel's ass and fans the flames. God help them and their 10nm++++++++++ coming soon©®™.

Attached: Screenshot_20190505-214043(1).jpg (720x1035, 221K)

>3 yr old, lowest of the low end, outperformed by a $150 6 core Intel
versus
>brand spankin new multi chip 7nm
It isn't a question of economics, it's a question of the performance difference compared to current similar chips.
There's a reason why an 8 year old 4 core and a modern 4 core with the same performance sell for the same price.

Do you EVER wonder why intel bended the knee to AMD and even released affordable 6-core chips like the i5-8400/i5-9400Farenheit in the first place? Pic related is why, AMD WIPED the floor with ALL of intel's 4-core chips, even the endless inferno that was the i7-7700K.

The point is AMD only has to chip away at intel's value portion of their market long and hard enough to inflict possibly decades of supremacy. IMHO that's what they've been doing ever since intel rushed cannon-lake and didn't even bring the i9-9900K on day 1 of ryzen.

Attached: R7-1800x-vs-R7-1700-Overclocked-Gaming-Benchmakrs.jpg (750x400, 35K)

whoops wrong image

Attached: Ryzen-R7-1700-vs-i7-7700k-Average-Gaming-FPS-Benchmark-1.jpg (750x410, 36K)

It was confirmed by adoredtv, cope harder intel drone.

>5GHz
holy housefire

The closer Zen 2 gets, the more inane the damage control becomes. Intel has absolutely nothing to counter

>Intel has absolutely nothing to counter
You underestimate the power of 14nm++++++++++++++++

yeah but do you work at techspot or tomsharwdare? Your replies don't even have a tl;dr headline. ayymd literally btfo

Attached: best cpu of the world.jpg (700x436, 83K)

That's not even the worst part. Most likely to save a couple cents on production intel used really cheap paste TIM under the IHS which made it virtually impossible to OC even with an AIO without getting a toasty toaste 80-90C temps. Intel's response when users pointed this out: "YOU'RE USING IT WRONG!!".

hardocp.com/article/2017/01/19/intel_kaby_lake_i77700k_cpu_delid_relid_results
pcgamer.com/intels-tells-core-i7-7700k-owners-to-stop-overclocking-to-avoid-high-temps/

Intel really regret their decision later on AFTER cannon-lake was released and eventually was practically FORCED to release the i9-9900K with soldered TIM under the IHS, see >tl;dr
intel fucked everyone in the ass with kaby lake

Attached: 1484857165b9Q0qmS6fl_1_6.png (620x336, 30K)

>cannon-lake
Meant to say coffin-lake

Attached: 1503263566215.png (952x644, 519K)

3600/x has hit that target consistently for the past 2 iterations and it's the single most popular chip in the desktop range. I doubt AMD will risk losing the value/performance bracket since thats what they aim for. I'm more shocked they are holding Navi back again with Intel floating around since it's clear they planned for a Zen 2/Navi dual release to capitalise on the mid year releases prior to the current rumours that Navi is struggling to achieve what it can call profitable.

>current rumours that Navi is struggling to achieve what it can call profitable.
yeah and the faggot spreading that bullshit is also the faggot that said zen 2 and navi were going to be released at CES and not only that but that zen 2 APUs were gonna come out this year too.

AdoredTV literally just makes shit up because he gets clicks by ledditors and then spams his video description with affiliate links and his patreon. Don't listen to a single thing that faggot has to say because its all dogshit. Zen and navi might not be as good as a lot of people want them to be, but at the same time the only thing we know for sure is that adoredTV literally makes up garbage.

>amd offers HEDT perfomance across all of the segments now
>they unintentially kill their own hedt

the state of amd

Choose a real reviewer

Attached: 1556295578434.png (898x882, 108K)

Attached: intel-i7-9700k-aco-1080p.png (892x879, 119K)

>IPC varies across different applications
more news at 11

Nicely pozzed.

Attached: 1556286869655.jpg (3488x2324, 1.29M)

who and where did you get that?

>AdoredTV literally just makes shit up
but seriously how is it hard to fathom for AMD to release a 8core 200$ cpu with slight IPC increase

Attached: merchant.jpg (1067x542, 100K)

Probably emcel

Attached: emcel.png (1500x1000, 3.14M)

since amd actually started to give intel competition, the shills have increased so fucking much. if there was ever any doubt about if shills even exist, you just have to read this fucking thread. literally braindead drones, that make up 90% of this threads posts.

>SHILL SHILL SHILL
Ok scitzo take the meds. Intel is just superior its really not that complicated.

SEETHING
>I believe that a 10-20% increase is possible, but only as likely as 5-10%.

Whatever helps you cope at night

Attached: 1556325821006.png (1432x326, 98K)

>literally everyone pretending we haven't already publicly seen a demo of a 65w TDP Zen 2 8c/16t CPU scoring over 30% more in CineBench R15 multicore than the 65w TDP Ryzen 2700
(lol

>Choose a real reviewer
>posts some incredibly shady russian shit with inexplicably random results deviating all over the place
choose less chromosomes

>scitzo

Attached: tomsintelmerchant.png (500x500, 70K)

The fuck is a scitzo

The funniest part is that if you somehow decided to have your 2990WX use as much power as the top end Intel solution (3175WX 9980XE etc) you can literally have it 4-4.2Ghz all core OC and still cool it with a good watercooling solution, maybe even just a really big AiO.

You could cool it on air with a Noctua.

I'm calling it now.
Zen 2 will be 10-15% faster than Zen+ mostly due to increased clocks.
And will offer higher core counts at decent prices.

a jewish psyop