Tim Sweeney is right, you know

Tim Sweeney is right, you know.

Attached: Linux is the Canada of OSes.png (623x454, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/964284402741149698
mspoweruser.com/microsoft-announces-new-ultimate-performance-power-plan-for-high-end-pcs/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_capitalism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No he's not

see

This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my life. Good luck convincing a multi-billion dollar corporation like Microsoft to go fully open source and stop violating users' freedoms and privacy.
>put up a fight
Yeah, we've doing that for years. Have at it, it's not gonna make a fucking difference.

Attached: 1529301152393.png (330x344, 138K)

catalog, dumb shit

>you know, I think I'm gonna stop buying and eating these lightly poisoned apples, and instead buy regular unpoisoned apples
>what the fuck no you have to keep buying poisoned apples and complaining about them or else you're backing down!

And, like the political systems in both countries, "fighting for your rights" in any way short of armed revolution does absolutely fucking nothing because every politician is the same corporate sockpuppet with a different face. Microsoft is no different.

Linux is more like Fidel Castro rather than another country; an operating system challenging the entire corporate stranglehold through action and example. It's not perfect, but the users will never have more collective leverage over MS than billions of dollars in revenues.

Attached: GettyImages-537156835-E.jpeg.jpg (686x385, 176K)

Sweeney always say something retarded every couple of years. He thought Larabee was the future, that consoles would kill PC gaming (why Epic abandoned PC gaming for years), etc.

>we have to fight for the freedom today here
>sells his company to China
LMAO

>Linux is more like Fidel Castro
i admit my history knowledge is not very good but i don't recall castro being a capitalist product that only exists due to dozens of megacorporations pouring lots of money and effort into him

I genuinely cannot understand the point he's attempting to make in this post.

>sticking with windows is "fighting for your freedoms"
????

this is why you dont smoke meth

>we've got to fight for the freedoms we have today
>on a proprietary operating system

Justin Trudeau is his son.

>(why Epic abandoned PC gaming for years)
I mean gears and unreal engine on consoles did very good for epic and when they saw the PC market gaining steam with Asian gamers and twitch they actually noticed the opportunity and grabbed it. Sometimes what is really important is not trying to make long or even medium term predictions, but being ready to ride on current trends and not being stubborn when the market doesn't agree with you.

no idea who this faggot is

the opinion of yet another brainwashed american retard is really not important, stick to what you've been programmed to do and keep babbling more political bullshit

this person is an idiot

Attached: 1555240373659.png (220x295, 52K)

Watch your language, that's the God Emperor of Zoomers, Creator of Fortnite you're talking about.

I make a similar argument each time I hear dumb kids dreaming of moving to flyover land for an "ethnostate" or some horseshit and surrendering cities to pajeets and niggers.

tfw already living in Canada and using GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1513044049592.gif (563x409, 1.51M)

Switching to Linux from Windows is more like a Southern slave running away to a free state in the North.

switching to linux from windows is like moving away from the uk to literally anywhere else

Cool. I'm sure Windows Server 2016 is working great for Epic games and the Epic store.

we already have this thread. he's retarded, nothing new to see here

isnt this the retard who said he supports linux than doesnt support linux said he wasnt gonna buy exclusives anymore and go buys 2 more

More like, being a jew in Nazi Germany in 1939 and moving to the USA.
>you have to fight for your fredoms right where you are dude!

This only makes the slightest bit of sense on the surface. If you think about it for two seconds, it's crackpot gibberish.

He's also responsible now for thwarting Valve's attempts at getting multiplayer games that use Easy Anti-Cheat working with Linux

Sweeney is definitely an enemy to FOSS

he's really hinging on that "sort of"

He's the retard being paid by the Chinese Communist Party to create a CCP backed monopoly on videogames in the US, yes.

Is there a direct link to this? I went to his twitter page but it's not there. It's probably buried in the replies tab which is locked behind a twitter account I don't have.

Attached: confused bury pink.png (696x888, 670K)

I lost some braincells reading that.

Nice analogy: If you hate Trump so much, gtfo to canada or whatever place you want

Found it.
twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/964284402741149698

mspoweruser.com/microsoft-announces-new-ultimate-performance-power-plan-for-high-end-pcs/
>Microsoft made a new edition just to add a couple small tweaks like a new power mode
>They'll probably upcharge it to the same epic gamer moment gamers that buy razer rgb shit
>Sweeney is dumb/naive/conceited enough to think that just because he can throw money at game developers to make their shit EGS exclusive that making dumb comments about Microsoft will make them change their behavior
>Windows evangelists swoop in and defend Sweeney's stupidity reminding everyone that Windows has the most marketshare therefore why put effort into porting it when we've got skins to model to sell to you in lootboxes
>When this is literally not a problem for Valve, regardless of whether you're looking at proton integration or porting their games natively
>At the bottom of the thread all the fucktards come out of the woodwork to liken Windows to evil corporate America and GNU/Linux to beautiful free communist Korea
I just wanted the full version of the image from the embed, but I appreciate the sort of cancer only twitter can inflict upon me.

Attached: DWDfjQeVwAMiGOU.jpg (1024x576, 113K)

Oh and since I nearly ran out of characters in the last post
>Take Windows 10 Pro
>Cannibalize a bunch of features from Windows 10 Server
>Smoosh the two together
>Sell it to Jow ForumsPCMR dipshits for several times the price
>So that Windows Server has even less of a reason to exist than it did before
Is Microsoft fucking retarded or are they just throwing in the towel with Windows Server and putting all their chips on Microsoft+Linux.

Attached: 1555714073091.png (909x858, 627K)

Tim Sweeney is being bankrolled by China to try to take over the US vidya gaemz industry. Isn't it hilarious how this guy who said M$ Win10 UWP was an existential threat to software since they could decide to go walled garden doesn't even try to provide support Linux for his Epic Games? SAD!

Installing Linux is sort of the equivalent of moving to Canada when one doesn't like Cambodian political trends.

Nope, we've got to die.

twitter is filled with fucking retards wow

Who? Also, I'm not sure how you could force closed source, for-profit companies to change when you aren't willing to walk away from them, shy of nationalizing them (which just opens up a whole new can of worms).

I understand his point, but the two situations he is comparing are completely different.
Getting Microsoft, Apple, and Google to respect privacy will never happen, but solving problems in a democracy is possible.
Moving to Canada from the U.S. is running away from a problem that can be solved.
Yet another faggot on Twitter spreading their meaningless, "deep" thoughts.

wait hes in charge of epic games or some shit how

Attached: 37lcTOP2.jpg (647x594, 71K)

I wish he could shut the fuck up

So moving to an open and free platform is worse than staying on a cucked and invasive closed platform and trying to force Microsoft into what exactly?
Tim, liberate the UT99 source code and shut up about Linux. Go back to ripping off dance moves for your childrens game and building your DRM distribution platform. Holy fuck is this guy an ass.

Except by purchasing the software you want to change, you're implicitly saying you're okay with the direction they're moving.

>no linux support for easy anit-cheat.
if anything epic is more castro than linux.

good analogy. of course the statement comes from the guy selling poisoned oranges.

>I don't recall Castro being a capitalist product
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_capitalism

Not who you were responding to. Even presuming that Castro's nation practiced state capitalism, that only gets him halfway to "capitalist product."

>bankrolled by china
>fortnight made $2.4 billion in 2018
hmm

Attached: 1556686807003.png (451x619, 467K)

Except in windows you have no rights Microsoft picks when you reboot when you update when you shit down and what data you send to who under windows you do not own your computer and you never will

>Steam supports gaming on linux
>Epic Store does not

lel linux cucks running from botnet daddy, man up, phagots.

WEW.

Attached: 1556936650385.jpg (1024x576, 102K)

What a giant faggot.

this makes no fucking sense on any level....how is this guy a major tech CEO.

20 years of work

>We will fight for freedoms we have right now
If he is going to talk about how shit steam is, people just need to retweet him this shit, so he would understand how shit his logic is, every time.

Windows Server literally can't compete in the cloud. Deploying and tearing down instances happens faster than Windows can complete first boot and update check, to say nothing of ephemeral containers like AWS Lambda or other FaaS platforms. Microsoft has realized the primary remaining drivers of Windows Server usage outside of AD/file/print are big fucking workstations and RDP farms. They have released a version of Win10 catered to each.

What's the point of this analogy? Who's this person and why his opinion is relevant?

At least it's not a food analogy

> Who's this person and why his opinion is relevant?
Jew making shekels off Windows-only "store" and games.

i think hes just a magapede trying to bait people into actually leaving to canada; its the only way that analogy makes sense

how are consumers supposed to "fight" if not by boycott?
does he mean they should use adnroid or macs intstead? wtf?

fortunately twitter is finally working on banning them

Yeah the guy that somehow paradoxically broke a monopoly(at least what reddit thinks is a monopoly) and made everything worse.

He’s right that windows 10 is a good analogy for US ‘freedoms’.

>food analogy

Attached: 0701-GETOUT.jpg (960x540, 87K)

imagine a debate between Stallman and Sweeney

Not even MS uses Windows Server anymore.

I moved to Canada and I love it.

>tweets by some chinese tool

linux is not equivalent to no guns and faggotry

But there is guns in U Ass A, user

>Compares installing a fucking kernel to moving out of a country
Man, Tim Swiney is an idiot
>"No, bros! Instead of migrating to another OS and reducing their market share, eventually forcing them to change shit to bring everyone back, let's stay in and complain! That'll show them!"
Hell, you can see from a mile away that he wants to keep yoomers on Wangblows because it's the only piece of shit that runs their shitty store

What a moronic arguement

fpbp